Screen Shows Nothing

• I bought my Kemper via American Musical Supply and it came in the mail today. I plugged it into the wall, my Firestudio and my guitar and turned it to browser like the manual said, but the screen lit up, with nothing on it.... for a while, until the little LED lights all over lit up. When monitored, the guitar plays, and I was able to change rigs, but I still can't see anything. Has anyone had this problem before or is this just a faulty unit?

• Sounds like the IDC connector of the display is disconnected, maybe an issue that happened during transport.
    Problem is, that you bought a new device with warranty and it might not be a good idea to open it and check internal connections on your own.

I was kind of lucky that I didn't have any issues with my lunchbox, but it worries me a bit to read this kind of reports every once in a while.

• Thanks for the input troynova, I tried that and then turned it off an on again and it came on with some weird junk on the screen so yeah I guess it is a faulty unit. I'm just going to send it back. This kind of stuff is depressing. Was hoping to use this on some clients today. *sigh*

• 1) switch the KPA off
    2) press and hold the 'system' button
    3) start to tuner (boot up can take a little bit longer).
    (All your KPA settings are then lost - presets and profiles will not be changed)

• I didn't mention but I tried all of that stuff, I'm pretty sure the display was just messed up. I had a new one overnighted and all is good. No problems.