how do you like this riff?

• i do not mind at all if your post begins with thumbs up , but constructive hints are
    appreciated. i think the strat rocks, i usually us e my strat with single coils rarely,
    but this is okay, is it not? my singer did not show up for rehearsal ?( , so until now
    without vocals. ah, yes, the singers ...
    {profile is my cream of 2012, tweaked by troynova}

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Really dig the guitars, well Done!

I personally would just like to hear it fleshed out, everything beef up recording wise: Bass, kick and the guitar up!!

Thanks for sharing it!

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• thanks lance-a-not for the kind words. :thumbup: "beefing things up" sounds simple, but for me it is not.
    i am so busy with a normal job, my students, writing songs, improving lyrics and babysitting singers,
    i do not find the time to improve my mixing skills. plus: i cannot learn from books, i have to see someone
    doing it. so: i would like so much to "beef it up", but dont know where to start. ?(

i can remember to this day this: i went to the studio with my singer in 1998, i played a midi bass, all of the guitars,
    a keyboard here and there, a studio drummer showed up and played the drums, and the singer somehow managed
    to get his vocals on tape. after four days of recording the audio engineer threw us out of the basement studio and told us
    to return three days later.

i can still remember our excitement! 8o the bass pushed from down below, the drums grooved, the guitars were crystal clear
    in the mix and the vocals sounded good, too. but the overall impression was: WOW, we have done something great.
    and the reason for this was the art of the sound engineer and i really think this is an art. wish i were better at it.

but wait for the singer, this will get a monster song, promised, stay tuned.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• :thumbup:
    I like the riff! It sounds like the lead guitar is gettin' ready for some action - but it seems this recording is for just holding the idea, right? Not even 2 minutes is way to long for a jingle and a bit to short for a song ;)