Inta Audio PC - strange blobs of glue on internal components???

• Men of knowledge..

There's a lot of 'puter experience of these boards and so I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me if this is normal...

I've received a new Music PC from Inta Audio (UK) and there appears to be blobs of glue on the motherboard around just about all the installed internal components
    e.g memory, PCI cards, and internal USB3 port to name a few. Basically wherever a component has been plugged in.

The Motherboard an Asus p8z77-v lx2 by the way (Different from the asus p8z77-v le on the invoice...)
    Any idea if this is normal?! Do they do this to keep things together during shipping or to stop people changing parts? Never seen it before... slightly concerned! :S

Cheers
    Brett

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I wouldn't be concerned about the glue. As long as you don't plan to change components, it just makes transport more safe.

But I would be concerned about the mainboard.
    They don't seem to advertise a specific mainboard on their website, but the LE version is a better mainboard and if it's named on your invoice, you might want to try to get what you paid for. Main difference apart from one additional PCI slot is the added number of USB ports on the LE version.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Thanks for this Martin - it's much appreciated!
    I received the PC a couple of weeks ago and I've been too busy teaching to give it a more thorough once over.
    Glad to hear the glue isn't a major problem, I was worried it might have a low melting temperature and leak over other components...
    I always move components around over time - wish they hadn't done this but it should be OK.

Yep - the mainboard certainly isn't the one on the invoice and it is a cheaper model. The additional PCI slot and added number of USB ports on the LE version would be a definite plus.
    I had planned to put a eSata card in there for my external Hard drive (WD MyBook Studio ed. 2) as it's currently on the same firewire card as my soundcard (MAudio FW1814... next up to be replaced). Thought it might be best just to have one firewire device if possible.

Already started chasing these issues up with Inta Audio but it's always a weekend when you have the time to notice these things...

Cheers :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs