Ability to Control Panning On/Off and Rate in Modulations, Delays, and Micropitch

• Hello,

I'm setting up all of my effects for Performance Mode after streamlining my setup to only use the KPA for all my effects. I'm loving the quality if what I heard so far but, lack of parameters in general and the random panning and panning rate of the delays and modulations are driving me a little crazy to be honest.

(Please forgive my terminology in advance--I'm not sure what the panning rate is controlled by, whether it is an LFO or something else.)

To have no control over all this random panning business is really tough. I noticed that the Delays always seem to start and end on one side and the Micropitch randomly starts your whole signal on the left side. I really wish there was a way to shut that off or have control of it! Not that I don't want any panning but, to control it on or off and adjust the rate is kind of critical IMHO.

In mono mode you can hear some kind of LFO or flange/phase modulation that you can't get rid of on the Micropitch. It makes it almost unusable since there is that modulation-rate-sweep happening. With the same effect in my Boss or Eventide units there is no modulation or LFO rate or sweep (whatever you want to call it) in mono. The KPA version sounds like a subtle flanger in mono and in stereo it's randomly panning at a pre-determined rate so, it seems like that panning LFO rate is what is causing the Micropitch to sound like a sweeping flange or phaser in mono mode to me. Yes, I have my Main Output set to Master Mono.

I would really be happy if we can control and/or shut this off. Please correct me if there is a way to do this and I'm not seeing it.

I can explain in more detail if needed.

Thanks for listening to my pathetic rant! :wacko:
    J

• You may have a point here.
    I'm doing exactly the same in performance mode and have come to wish for more control as well.
    Another example would be the stereo hard panning between left and right delays. It would be great if I could attenuate the panning from the default 100% L/R which in a lot of venues isn't very practical.

• Quick update--I realized the Micropitch is best when mixed at 50% or below (around 40-45% is best) and that minimizes the flanging effect in mono. My bad on that one.

But, I would still like to have control over the panning overall--both the ability to turn it on or off and control the rate. I'm hoping to go stereo in the near future if the FOH will let me!

I'm assuming the rate will increase or decrease if using the Tap Tempo but, I haven't tried that.

Our drummer is a bit sketchy on tempos so, using Tap Tempo isn't a good idea for me. :P

J