wikpa.org - KPA Community Wiki

• Hey gang,

last night I decided to setup an online Wiki where we can collect, organize, publish all kinds of information regarding our beloved KPA.
    It's still in the early stages, of course. But since I can't go to work for another 2 weeks due to my broken foot, I have plenty of time to make it a nice and helpful place for all sorts of information.

wikpa.org

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to contribute to and benefit from this new, open resource!
    This is NOT my personal thing, it's a community effort that lives or dies with what the members of this great community contribute to this resource.
    If you plan to contribute, please register. It's quick and it's free of course.
    If you need help how to contribute to a Wiki, feel free to ask here or contact me, I'll be happy to get you started. :)
    Also, your ideas and requests for content or structure are very welcome.

I haven't been in contact with Kemper yet, but since the Wiki is an open, non-commercial platform, I tend to believe they're happy to see this happen. :)

Read access is open to all visitors of wikpa.org
    Write access is restricted to registered and logged in users.
    Registering is a very quick process but it contains a security question you HAVE TO answer in order to successfully create an account. The answer to this question is: ckemper
    This is to protect our Wiki from automated spam attacks.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Excellent work Martin :thumbup:
    Wondering if it would be possible to combine this with the outstanding work already done by Gianfranco with his ongoing document?
    Be quite a double act...

Thanks again!

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Quick status info:

Currently the Wiki is setup in a way so that everybody can create and edit content, even unregistered.
    This will likely change as soon as the website gets more widely known and spam bots start to appear.
    That's the reason I kindly ask you guys to register if you like to contribute to this resource. :)
    Read-only access will always be free and open for everyone, of course.
    Thanks Ingolf for already having registered. ;)

• surprise, surprise, out of some reason i am NOT user number 7, but 4, but that stays between us, okay? ;)

i am speechless, how fast you got this online. thank you very much and i am sure this has a bright future! :thumbup:

rock on! 8o

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• One of the great features is the direct embedding of media in the pages. I've setup embedding for Soundcloud, Youtube & Vimeo. If you want to see how that looks and works:

http://www.wikpa.org/TestPage

Click "EDIT" on the above page to see how it's embedded. :)

With Soundcloud it's a bit tricky to get the clip ID.
    On a clip's Soundcloud page go to "SHARE" and copy the "WordPress Code". Paste is somewhere and just pick the numerical ID from the code to generate the Wiki embedding.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Martin, I have just treated myself to a crash course regarding Wiki, but I cannot figure out how to create a new page from the main page.
    I want to open another chapter called 'KPA - Amplifying' as I think it's worth it (same hierarchy as 'profiling' etc.) but seem unable to do it.

• ... I cannot figure out how to create a new page from the main page.

Here we go:

http://www.wikpa.org/Amplifying

It's very simple to create new pages, just by going to the corresponding URL. As soon as you edit this new page, it will be created.
    Two things to notice though:

1. You can't add links to the main navigation on the left side without having administrator status. I will add or change, re-order whatever you guys ask me to. :)
    2. Given you want to create a page "Nice Playing" ... you can't have spaces in URLs, so Mediawiki requires you to go to "Nice_Playing". The underscore is automatically translated to a space character in the actual page name.

PS: I have moved the content you already wrote to the new page (link above)

• i have added my first post/article to the wiKPA, hope you like it. Leaving for the Satriani concert in a minute. cheers

and thanks to ingolf again :thumbup: and martin :thumbup: :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Thank you, Martin, that was it.
    I already knew I'd have to create a new URL but couldn't figure out how to add the link to the main navigation.

• Whoa! Fantastic work, Martin!!! Thanks so much for your efforts! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks a lot. I just hope that it will not remain my effort but soon become our effort. ;)
    That's what the whole show is about, hehe.

(And I even found a lovely surprise under 'Enjoy the KPA'. I'm truly flattered. Thanks a lot! :S )

Yeah, I really like your cover. And feel free to add more of your own or others' music. If it gets to much for one page, we can easily split it to multiple pages. I can see this as a great, enjoyable showcase for all of us. :)

Cheers,
    Martin