Posts by Rockman123

Two ideas:

1. Instead of configuring your expression pedal as Volume Pedal, you could configure it as Monitor Output Volume pedal. In this case it would just control the volume of the signal driving your KEMPER Power Kabinet. However, if you intend to also use the MAIN OUT to for example feed FOH or if you need more sophisticated Volume Pedal functions like Location and Range, this is a crotch.

2. Or you plug your headphones into SEND 1 instead of HEADPHONE OUT and set its Output Source to "Git Analog". Git Analog delivers the unprocessed guitar signal and is not impacted by Volume Pedal. If you plug your standard stereo headphones adapter into this mono TS output, you will hear a signal at one side of your headphones only. If that is not sufficient, you could build an adapter, which feeds the mono signal into both sides of your headphones. The analog guitar signal is mono anyhow.

So I tried using option 2 (using SEND 1 for a headphone out). It seems to work, but the problem is that the volume of the unprocessed guitar signal is very low. So low that it's very hard to hear it at all, in a noisy place (like a gig with the crowd noise, or even during rehearsal, with other band members playing their instruments here and there).

I appreciate that idea... any other suggestions as to how to get more volume level? Thanks.

Two ideas:

1. Instead of configuring your expression pedal as Volume Pedal, you could configure it as Monitor Output Volume pedal. In this case it would just control the volume of the signal driving your KEMPER Power Kabinet. However, if you intend to also use the MAIN OUT to for example feed FOH or if you need more sophisticated Volume Pedal functions like Location and Range, this is a crotch.

2. Or you plug your headphones into SEND 1 instead of HEADPHONE OUT and set its Output Source to "Git Analog". Git Analog delivers the unprocessed guitar signal and is not impacted by Volume Pedal. If you plug your standard stereo headphones adapter into this mono TS output, you will hear a signal at one side of your headphones only. If that is not sufficient, you could build an adapter, which feeds the mono signal into both sides of your headphones. The analog guitar signal is mono anyhow.

Thanks for the ideas Burkhard. Since I will be using the MAIN OUT to feed FOH, I might explore option 2. Thanks again.

Hi guys,

I have a Profiler Stage, an expression pedal (volume) and a Powered Kabinet. Got a question: I'd like to know if it's possible to have signal coming out of the headphones jack while the volume pedal is at the heel position (off). The reason I ask is that my guitars are a bit finicky when it comes to intonation. I do use the Tuner function, of course, but I like to hear the guitar while I'm tuning it (but I don't want the audience to hear the tuning process coming out of my Powered Kabinet). Is that possible to achieve?

P.S. I'm aware that I could just walk over to my Powered Kabinet and turn down the volume on the speaker itself. But I'd like to avoid having to do that if possible.

Thank you.

Once again, thank you very much V8guitar! This is the kind of post that is super helpful. I have my first live gig with the Kemper coming up in 2 weeks, so yes, I will use your check list and prepare the best I can. Thanks again!

Our English manuals are all reviewed by a native speaker experienced in techncial documentations.

You don't need to read the whole manual from front to back right now. For this matter just read the chapter KEMPER Kone. It explains the options and parameters around using the KEMPER Kone, which is the chassis inside the KEMPER Kabinet and KEMPER Power Kabinet. And you have the choice to run KEMPER Kone either with Monitor Cab. Off activated (Speaker Imprint Mode) or deactivated (Full-Range Mode). I'm confident you will understand the explanations.

Thank you Burkhard. I have been reading the manual and watching several videos (made by various people). I think it is starting to make sense. Thanks again.

Thank you also V8guitar. Very useful post and yes, it was helpful. I appreciate it.

I appreciate all the input guys. I have indeed looked at the manual (though I admit I haven't read it front to back). But I will keep reading through it.

At this stage, I'm still a bit confused...

On a side note... Being that I am multi-lingual (but know only minimal German), I did notice that the wording in the various manuals from Kemper is a bit confusing. Sometimes, the way the manual explains a certain concept is not the easiest way to understand for English speakers. Hard to explain, but I think that's part of the problem. But I digress...

Maybe this approach might be more fruitful: Do any of you guys specifically use the Kemper stage and the Powered Kabinet? And if you do, do you select (check) the "Monitor Cab Off" box?

Thanks again.

Hi guys,

I've had a Kemper Stage for a couple of years now, but so far, I've only used it in Browser mode, for recording at home. However, for the first time now, I'm planning to use it for live gigs. I was hoping you guys could help me with the proper setup requirements. I have watched quite a few video tutorials and also read the user's manual, but there are still areas I find confusing.

Mainly, I'm hoping to get a step-by-step list of instructions on how to setup the profiler stage (specifically for the Powered Kabinet). I'm already clear about using the Main Outs for the P.A. (house mixer), and the monitor outs for my powered Kabinet.

However, for example, I'm confused about the "Monitor Cab Off" option. When using the profiler stage with the powered Kemper Kabinet, do I need to check this "Monitor Cab Off" box?

And another question regarding the Kone imprints... The main amp profiles that I plan to use are a Marshall (Plexi or JCM800) as well as a Vox AC30. Those are the main tones I'm going for. Could you please advise me with regard to whether to use various Kone imprints, and how to go about it? Or should I just use not use imprints at all? I suppose this question is also somehow related to my earlier question about the "Monitor Cab Off" option.

Also, on a totally separate topic, assuming I will need to play reasonably loud at the gig (noisy bar, etc), is there any problem or risk with turning the volume knob on the Powered Kabinet all the way up to maximum (in terms of damaging the Kemper Kabinet)? For what it's worth, I will also be using a volume (expression) pedal.

Thank you for your help.