Posts by MetalDude64

Thanks so much to everyone for all the great advice. I can see there are many possible solutions.

I think I'm headed toward a setup with FRFRs to get the full potential of the Kemper. (RIP my 42 year old Marshall cab.) I'm taking the advice of many that getting the power amp is worth it even if I don't use it often.

Stereo. I don't have any aspirations of playing outside my little rehearsal space so I may still go the stereo route. I realize that means buying a second power amp if my old Peavey Classic 50/50 doesn't work well. I also have to decide on waiting for a Kabinet, building cabinets with Kones, or buying third party FRFRs. I saw an interesting stereo setup using a Camplifier so I'm wondering if that would be a good solution. I'll have to do a little more research.

Thanks again for all the help!

deadman42 If you don't mind me asking, what power amp and FRFRs do you use?

Finally So do you always use a PA or do you not care about stereo when you'll play just with the Kabinet?

I guess that begs a different question: I'll need a PA for vocals. Can I skip having guitar cabinets completely by running the Kemper and vocals to a board/PA?

I'm about to buy the Kemper Profiler PowerHead + Remote Bundle but I'm not sure if I should get the power amp. I'd like to play in stereo using two cabinets but I understand the Kemper power amp can't accomplish that.

Usage: 75% direct recording to computer, 25% playing with a band in a small (15' x 15') room.

Current equipment: Late '70s Marshall 4x12 cabinet, Peavey Classic 50/50 rack-mount head

I think the Profiler Stage Combo (with or without the power head) is sufficient for my direct recording needs, it's playing live that concerns me. If it matters, we're playing mostly 80s metal.

For playing live, I'm thinking I have two options:

1. Buy a second cab to accompany the Marshall cab and use the Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp for stereo. If the Peavey isn't a great option, I'd appreciate that feedback as well.

2. Buy two FRFR cabinets (Kemper cabs perhaps). Can the Kemper power amp drive two Kemper cabs in stereo or am in the same boat as Option 1, meaning I still need a stereo power amp?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I haven't played in 20 years, hence the age of my equipment and lack of knowledge with the modern digital environment.