Posts by WildBillMojo

Yes I’d agree. I’m an old school amp guy. I have used the AxeFX and owned a Helix before buying the Kemper recently. I find the Kemper much easier to work with. It’s true that the Helix signal chain flexibility is better, and the effects are better but the amp sounds are a pain to get sounding good and it really isn’t intuitive for me. The Kemper amp and cab sounds And feel really nail it. I spent about an afternoon as a noob profiling all my amps and it was easy to get them to sound pretty identical. With the Kab, up close and in the room the feel is spot on, very dynamic and just like the real thing. Hope that helps.

OK thanks folks. In the end I used a DI and dropped a Celestion IR into the Cab slot. The Blue IR and the Kone with the Blue imprint sound exactly the same; the Vintage 30 Imprint needs a little tweaking of the Sweetness control to get it really close. All in all I’m pretty happy with that approach. Thanks for your help.

OK well that seemed to go OK. I’m writing this for the benefit of those who come after......

I did a series of DI (DA?) profiles of a 16w head using the Kemper DI box (obviously with a speaker attached). That gave me a profile direct from the amp speaker out with no cab in the cab slot. I still cannot find how to add a ‘standard’ (if there is such a thing) cab, however I imported some Celestion IR’s into Rig Manager and dropped one of those in the slot.

I can now use either that or my Kabinet Imprint with the amp profile.

If it’s of interest I tried the Celestion Blue IR and compared it to the Blue Kab Imprint. They are very close.

This method of profiling for me is very easy. I must say though that profiling a 100w amp must be pretty loud!

Apologies if this is a stupid set of questions but I've never done profiling before.

I'll be profiling a custom Head using the Kemper DI box. I assume that'll give me an amp only profile with no cab in the Cab slot.

To play I use the Kabinet only. Do I need to put anything in the cab slot or if I use a Kabinet imprint will that sound right?

So for example, I usually use this head with a 1x12 V30 cab. So if I use the amp profile with the Kabinet V30 imprint should it sound the same?

Thanks in advance.

Apologies if this is a stupid set of questions but I've never done profiling before.

I'll be profiling a custom Head using the Kemper DI box. I assume that'll give me an amp only profile with no cab in the Cab slot.

To play I use the Kabinet only. Do I need to put anything in the cab slot or if I use a Kabinet imprint will that sound right?

So for example, I usually use this head with a 1x12 V30 cab. So if I use the amp profile with the Kabinet V30 imprint should it sound the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cool thanks. Plan B will have to be to use a EVM-12L Classic that I have hanging around, just need to decide what cab to put it in (open or closed). It’s not ideal for the amp (a bit dry and beamy) but it’s OK and hopefully it’s flat enough for the Kemper.

Odd question I know, but I’m considering a Kemper Kab to go with my Kemper Powerhead. Seems like the obvious choice.

I need to know if I can use the Kab with a normal low wattage Valve/Tube Head so I can use it as an extension cab with that other amp. I know the Kab Is 4 Ohms, and I know how I can wire correctly to present the right load to the amp. I also know I won’t get access to the Kemper features of the Kab. I just need to know if it will work without damaging either the Kab or the amplifier.

All help appreciated, thanks.

Just a quick hello to the group from Australia. Plugged in my new Kemper Powerhead for the first time yesterday; blown away.

I have a stack of amps that I can see is going to get smaller and smaller.