DI Profiling and Kab

• Apologies if this is a stupid set of questions but I've never done profiling before.

I'll be profiling a custom Head using the Kemper DI box. I assume that'll give me an amp only profile with no cab in the Cab slot.

To play I use the Kabinet only. Do I need to put anything in the cab slot or if I use a Kabinet imprint will that sound right?

So for example, I usually use this head with a 1x12 V30 cab. So if I use the amp profile with the Kabinet V30 imprint should it sound the same?

Thanks in advance.

WildBillMojo

• OK well that seemed to go OK. I’m writing this for the benefit of those who come after......

I did a series of DI (DA?) profiles of a 16w head using the Kemper DI box (obviously with a speaker attached). That gave me a profile direct from the amp speaker out with no cab in the cab slot. I still cannot find how to add a ‘standard’ (if there is such a thing) cab, however I imported some Celestion IR’s into Rig Manager and dropped one of those in the slot.

I can now use either that or my Kabinet Imprint with the amp profile.

If it’s of interest I tried the Celestion Blue IR and compared it to the Blue Kab Imprint. They are very close.

This method of profiling for me is very easy. I must say though that profiling a 100w amp must be pretty loud!

WildBillMojo