Posts by Bushwack

I need to add a wah sound to my arsenal. I have a Kemper Stage. I use a Roland EV-5 for a volume pedal. I bought a Mission EP-1 KP to use as a wah pedal. I'm using a TRS cable from output 1 of the Mission pedal, and a mono cable from output 2. Is there a way to use the Mission footswitch to turn the wah effect on and off in the Kemper? If so, are there step-by-step instructions? I've been able to use the Mission as a wah pedal, but haven't figured out how to use the toe switch.

Thanks!

You can currently do this by assigning multiple FX to the same footswitch. What would you like to be different using morph to turn them on and off instead of a regular footswitch?

Usually I have the morph setting also changing the gain and EQ of the amp, as well as the effects. I'd have to hit the morph switch, AND the effects switch, while singing and changing the pickup setting on my guitar. I'm just not that coordinated! :) Would like to do it all with one switch.

How did you do this?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you... I'm using a Kemper Stage. If you select 'System' and go to page 4, 'user interface 2', there's a selection at the top of the screen labeled 'button assignment'. If you select this, you have the option to change what the looper, tuner, and tap tempo buttons control. You can assign the tap tempo button to different functions, including morph, and turning any effects on and off. So, you can select a boost in one of the effects to a clean boost, and lock it, IIRC, and turn it on and off with the tap tempo button.

I did a search and didn't find these, so hopefully I'm not duplicating a prior suggestion.

1) I'd like the morph function to turn on/off effects. I realize I can assign effects to that patch, and just adjust the mix for the morph function, but I'd like to be able to have them turn on when I hit morph.

2) I found a way to use the tap tempo button for a preset lead boost, lockable for use with any preset. Genius! Except, the led does not indicate if the boost is on or off. It'd be great if the led lit up when the boost was activated.

At my last gig, my volume pedal (expression pedal) did not work. Volume was 100 percent no matter what I did with the volume pedal. In troubleshooting today, I noticed that the volume pedal functions normally in browse mode, but will not work in performance mode. What setting do I have screwed up? Gigging again tonight, and I need to get this sorted out. Thanks in advance!

Note... Kemper Stage, latest OS update. Boss FV-5 expression pedal. Calibration shows an even sweep, but sound level remains constant. In heel-down mode (volume off), tuner does not engage.

Newbie with a Kemper Stage here. In the interests of making live performances butt-simple, I'd like to reassign my Tap Tempo button to be a solo boost... 3 db or so. I'd also like to lock it, so that no matter what performance I'm on , or what rig I've selected, that tap tempo button will always function as a preset volume boost. Can someone tell me how to do this, and explain it to me like I'm 6? Thanks!

I also wish there was a 'Kemper for Dummies' section. I recently bought a Kemper Stage because of the quality of sounds in the music store. I'd like to pick out 5 great amps sounds, save them to the footswitches, and be able to kick selected effects in and out with the second tier of footswitches. I'd also like to use the morph function to add a little gain and boost to each amp for solos. I'm having a rough time figuring out how to save amp sounds to the footswitch of my choice. I've slogged through the quickstart manual, quite a few videos, and parts of the manual that I thought would have the info I need. Nope.

Can someone point me to the page, or video, that shows how to program the footswitches for live performances? I don't consider myself stupid, having been a gigging musician for decades, and running a Protools-based studio. I just don't have the hours needed to wade through all the info available. I just want to load up great sounds and play! :)