Posts by BayouTexan

OK.. so for Reaper there is no need for ASIO then, or is it ?

It does not appear ASIO is needed. I can lower the sample rate to 144 with WASAPI, and about a 3.2ms latency which is only about standing 4 feet away from a cabinet. ASIO4All only allows me to do 160 samples which comes out to 3.6ms. I do not like to do Direct Monitoring.

Just note I've only used the WASAPI config for a few hours with a guitar and drum track and a few plugins but it seems to be good enough.

That is a really good song ! but the low end starts distorting at 12 secs. It clears up at 55 secs and distorts again when your vocals come in at 1:12.

The best way I can explain it is when you sing 'I'm not feeling life" your vocal low end is adding to the bass and maybe the kick and those three are competing to much for the same space. I wish you would do another render because the song is really worth it.

And I have no idea if you intended it this way. Plus I am wondering if others are hearing what I hear.

Yes. I can go down to 144 samples before artifacts start popping in.

Yes. Just treat the cabled ins and outs as the USB ins and outs, which are called Profiler 1 and Profiler 2.

Set the Rec. Source to DI/Master Left or Di/Master Mono. Page 7 of 10 in Output menu. Your DI will be recorded on the Profiler 1 in and your full signal will be recorded on Profiler 2 in. Create 2 tracks in DAW and label those accordingly. Make sure both tracks are "armed" when you make your first initial recording. You may mute the slider for playback of the DI track when recording.

The USB outs are also labeled Profiler 1 and Profiler 2.

If you installed ASIO4All at factory settings, i.e. a 512 buffer size then you will get like 11ms of latency which is awful. Try lowering the buffer down to 128 or lower. If you hear clicks and pops (artifacts) in your signal then you set it too low for your computer.

The other option is to use direct monitoring on Page 7 of 10 in Output settings and your DAW should compensate any recording latency. The only problem with this is if you use DAW plugin effects and want to hear those as you play. The closer you get to 3ms latency and below you can monitor from your DAW.

I'm getting 3.6ms with a 160 buffer size on ASIO4All but my other interface with it's own driver gets better than that.

I was away for a week or two, but I haven't found the source for this. Was there a roadmap shown for the next OS versions or how did you get the v10.0 for the liquid profiles update?

CK or other Mod mentioned it in a comment. I saw it but can't remember which thread. The current beta release of OS 9.0 has the USB interface activated. We will probably have several 9.XX versions released before we get to 10.0 gold!

I tried WaveOut and got audio error in Reaper. Windows 10 Pro.

First, go to Page 7 of 10 in Output menu. Select DI/ Master Left as your Rec. Source. Your DI will be recorded on the Profiler 1 in and your full signal will be recorded on Profiler 2 in. Create 2 tracks in DAW and label those accordingly. Make sure both tracks are "armed" when you make your first initial recording. You may mute the slider for playback of the DI track when recording.

I haven't gotten any further than above yet, but I will use my reamping tutorial for the rest. I assume it is going to be the same minus my interface. BTW, I am using Reaper.

reamping tutorial.

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

I'm probably going to make a new tutorial for the Kemper USB.

I mentioned this in another thread; I don't always have my headphones plugged into the Kemper and my Main Outs are going into another interface. So, it would be nice if we had some visual reference for when sound or music is going in/out on the Kemper. I do see the Output LED flickering but it also flickers if I happen to have guitar plugged in with noisy pickups at same time as music is playing.