Posts by BayouTexan

Your statement is conflicted. How can it both be the accurate tone and have overlays. BTW, pieces of of the original guitar track will be removed and overlayed onto other tracks. Only a perfect separate will guarantee full accuracy and that is not possible. So, only the original, isolated recorded track is fully accurate. And if you listen to it on utube, it is further degraded, but that is an other discussion.

Any track from separator software is not exactly what was recorded and will therefore not fully represent the original recording. By the way, this is not debatable. It is a fact.

My experience with RipX is the guitar tone is there without subtraction of overlays but with addition of overlays. Anyway, it's close enough to study tone without having to stand next to the Artist in a studio alongside his equipment. No one is capable of getting the exact tone even the Artist on the same day in the same studio.

The OP asked for "beginner steps". And I am sure we have offered him steps to learn beyond his current predicament.

I disagree. It is the accurate tone because it is what was recorded. You can't get more accurate than that. But I agree that these programs leave some overlays of the other instruments but it's not enough to be concerned with for studying purposes. Use it as a tool.

I think the main conception is that someone will say "my tone sounds thin, Why?" when it sounds thin outside a mix no matter who's tone it is. So, you make the tone sounds good in a mix not outside of it - even though we all start there.

There are many times I think I have a good tone, and then when I mix it with bass and drums it sounds muddied and poop. So, I have to find another profile or tone to use.

As for getting good sound out of studio monitors, there are many techniques to get the best out of what you have; placement of the monitors, listening position, proper volume, acoustic treatment, and calibration software all come into play. Best advice is to play your favorite songs thru your monitors and when you are happy with what they put out tonally then use that as your reference.

Not so impressive outside the track as you will see.... very thin and yucky ....but in the mix is Wunderbar! The other instruments help round out the guitar tone more than one would believe. Bass and drums are your friend. Acoustic is totally different and can stand on its own.

Note you can use RipX to pull out tracks from your favorite songs to study tone...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is their “AI modeling” new or a just marketing gimmick? I don’t remember them using that term before.

God knows we can’t resist a good catch phrase.

Gimmick. A.I. can only mimiq what it's programing tells it too. That programming is made by humans. It can't "think" at least not yet. When it does, music won't matter anymore.

This is not a Kemper problem. It's a Windows problem. You can use ASIO4All with the Kemper USB.

To fix your WASAPI issue, got to:

Control Panel > Sound

Highlight the device & click properties

Advanced tab, uncheck Exclusive Mode Then other programs can't hog it.

Restart everything.

This is an alternating BPM mix with high gain profiles. This mix push the limits of my knowledge on mixing and playing, and was pretty exhausting on both. I'm close but not quite there. I love creating these bassline riffs. The title is most appropriate in this case.

External Content soundcloud.com

Good tones on all of them, Per. I like the heavy bass on The Wolves but it gets bloomy in some parts. I'm paying particular attention to that right now to keep my own bass tracks from blooming. It's PIA.

regardless of the results, did you notice the front page? it now says:

Introduce yourself and your music

I noticed. However, I believe non-kemper owners can post in that section of the forum in which we can get spammed by other musicians. Looks to me like this has already happened. The older 'Link Your Music' was in the private section where only registered Kemper users could see it.

When on this site, I am only interested in Kemper made music. If I want to listen to other made music then I look elsewhere.

You have to remember that a single guitar is going to sound pretty thin outside of a mix. You can add more low end EQ to the tone but that usually gets cut anyway in a mix. A bass track really fills out and thickens the guitar tone. Studio Monitors are better suited for mixing tracks and not for a stand-alone guitar sound until after your ears get accustomed to them.

I would look up some iso tracks of your favorite guitarist and tones and then pay particular attention to how they sound with your monitors. Don't just listen but really study how they sound and then base your profile tweaks on that.

I'm learning this stuff as I go, too!