Posts by spotter

Without having the chance to check it (not at home for the next days); the outputs (and most of the other stuff) should be the same.

The big manual Is only available as a pdf, I think it was never available as a printed version.
    good luck!

Welcome to the forum!

You should check the main manual here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

or you can have a look at this video. Maybe this will explain it already:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I organize them like this:

Top Folder: Vendor name

subfolders: package/amp name

If i want to try them at our rehearsal space i take my laptop with me. After i checked them out i built a perfomance and store the best directly in the profiler.

The rig packs are coellections by Kemper. They include free profiles by Kemper and other vendors and you can just use them within the rigmanager or copy them in your own folders or the profiler itself.

Happy holidays!

That you should put this into the correct subforum ;) Feature requests

I played around with it for 30 minutes and never used it again.

Everything is already in the rig manager and if I play along at home i have my laptop hooked up already for playback.

And for practice or concerts I don't need to carry everything else than the profiler itself.

P.S.: Welcome to the forum!

welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the menu for the external switches at the profiler. There you can see what is possible with switches like the kemper 2-way switch.

I only use it to change the slots in a performance (up and down), but there are some other settings available.

I don't have a remote but, have a look at the main manual: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

from page 286 there is a big chapter about the remote and i would think that the upper row is for effects only?

Anhören sollte sich das bei einem "eher cleanen" Amp so:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have a 6i6 and these are my settings. Maybe this helps:

The SPDIF-cable is in the input of the interface and the output of the profiler. Headphones in the monitor-output of the interface.

Oh and i use 44,1khz on both devices as sample rate.

Kemper output on spdif is set on GIT/Master Mono.

With this settings you can play music over your computer/mac and play along.

If I want to record something i just need to record channel 6 in my DAW. (Channel 5 is the GIT-signal)

der Effekt hat einen Mix-Regler. Wenn der nicht bei 100% ist, wird ein Teil des bisherigen Signals (in dem Fall dein cleanes Signal) halt zu hören sein. Liegt es daran vielleicht?

But the Captor isn't just a DI Box. It's an attenuator/Speakersim (or if you want to look at it this way: a load)

The Kemper DI Box is much cheaper, but still needs a Cabinet as a load. The Setup looks like this:

you need to match the impendance between amp and cab. That's it.

Für Lautstärke (ohne jetzt den Profiler anzumachen):

Jedes Rig hat in der Amp-Sektion ein eigenes Volume:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

oder im Rig-Menü ist auch noch mal ein Volume-Regler. Beides Möglichkeiten die Rigs anzupassen.

Wenn du deine Master-Lautstärke nicht verändern willst durch den Regler, kannst Du auch einfach den Output-Link rausnehmen beim Master-Volume und dann ändert der Volume Regler an der Front des Profilers alles außer das Master Volume.

Ich hab z.B. Nur noch den Monitor-Out auf dem Volume-Regler liegen um mein 4x12 Cab in der Lautstärke zu regeln.

Und ist es nicht normal, dass Clean Sound lauter sind, als Distortion-Sounds? Ich spiel zu wenig mit Clean Sounds und Effekten rum, als dass ich da ne fundierte Antwort geben kann. Da müssen andere helfen ;)

genau. Input settings sind Teil des Rigs.

Durch die Lock-Funktion wird das dann ignoriert.

Vom Prinzip her ist es in meinen Augen so gedacht, dass du pro Gitarre ein eigenes Rig erstellen kannst und das dann bei Bedarf einfach lädst, statt wieder in den Settings rumschrauben zu müssen.

Bin jetzt erst dazu gekommen mir die Profile runterzuladen.

Ja, ich hör das auch.

Nachdem ich das Noise-Gate runtergedreht habe, verschwand das Krisseln. Warum hast Du das so weit aufgerissen auf 6,5?

Ich hab jetzt nur eine Epiphone SG mit Humbuckern ausprobiert und kann das Noise Gate eigentlich komplett ausmachen ohne Störgeräusche zu kriegen.

Doch, da ist ein ein Kratzen beim Ausklingen, wenn ich es auf Kopfhörern höre. Erinnert mich irgendwie an das Kratzen von defekten Kabeln...

Aber hast Du das übliche mal gecheckt:

- Anderes Kabel ausprobiert?

- Andere elektronische Geräte in der Nähe, die der Pickup wahrnehmen könnte?

- Input Gain mal runtergedreht und geguckt ob es dann noch da ist?

Ich freue mich über eure Diskussion. Ein Polytune 3 benutze ich gelegentlich ebenfalls. Das ist ein cooles Helferlein, nur, dass man vor dem Kemper (ich habe einen Stage) nochmal extra ein Stimmgerät verkabeln muss. Das ist so, als ob man vor nem PC mit Tabellenkalkulation sitzt und mit einem Taschenrechner die Zwischenergebnisse berechnet. KANN man machen, ginge aber eben auch eleganter 8o.

Wie bereits oben erwähnt, wird die Hardware des Profilers dafür vermutlich nicht ausgelegt sein.

Alternativ könntest Du dir ja ein Pedalboard aufbauen. Einmal verkabeln, nie wieder anfassen, feddich. Mein Pedalboard ist seit 2 Jahren eigentlich komplett gleich geblieben (Kemper 2way, polytune und einen Electronic Spark) und hat sich jetzt nur geändert, weil noch ein Kanalwechsler für nen Marshall dazu gekommt.

Beim Aufbau zieh ich ein Kabel zum Profiler, eins zum Strom und das wars. Geht schön schnell.

Ok. Das wusste ich nicht. Vielen Dank für die Hinweise.

Wie lange gibt es denn sowas schon. Dürfte wohl jünger sein als 10 Jahre oder?
    Habe ich komplett nicht mitbekommen.

Ich meine, dass das Polytune von TC Electronic um 2010 vorgestellt wurde. Schönes Ding und gut lesbar mittlerweise in Ver.3 als Pedal, Clip oder als Plugin. Da ich den Tuner ja bei mir brauche und nicht am Profiler (der hinter mir auf der Bühne steht), macht das relativ wenig Sinn es zu integrieren, denke ich. Mag für Stage- oder Remote-User:innen natürlich anders sein.

I never used IEMs before, but after seeing the prices of these KZ's I'm interested.

I had a look on their website and it they have a lot of different models and I can't find the difference between their IEMs and their Earphones...

Can someone recommend a guide or review to get into the topic?

For Example the KZ AST. Is it an IEM or a phone headset? Not sure...

Welcome to the forum!

You need a "non latching" footswitch for this.

The switches for amps are (in my experience) mostly "latching" switches.

You could get the kemper 2way switch (perfect size for me).

Other examples from this forum (that I did not test!): Boss FS-5,6 or 7, Kartakou 4-way or 2-way switch.

I also found the Hotone FS-1 Ampero Switch which should be fine.

The Kemper manual says:

Single and Dual Switches of Other Brands

The PROFILER requires so-called “momentary” and “normally open” switches. Channel switches for tube amplifiers are not compatible with the PROFILER, as they use a latching mechanism that would only trigger their assigned switching function every other hit. Single switches are connected via a TS cable, and dual switches via a TRS cable.

Select “Mono Switch” or “Dual Switch” Mode on the corresponding "Pedal” page in Pedal Settings of PROFILER Stage or System Settings of all other PROFILER variants and assign a switching function with the soft knob labeled“Switch Tip”. If “Dual Switch” is selected, another switching function can be assigned with soft knob labeled “Switch Ring”. If your external switch allows to change its polarity (e.g. Boss® FS-5 and FS-6), set it to normally open. The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity implies, that the switching function gets triggered, when you release the button. Especially if you intend to control Looper Start and Looper Stopwith the external switch, wrong polarity can lead to odd results as both hitting and releasing the buttons have their meaning. Don’t forget to press “Calibrate” and trigger each switch once.

Have fun!