Using standard footswitch for Kemper Head

• Hello, I own a non-powered profiler head, and I would like to use one or two footswitches for changing rigs or activate certain fonctions on my kemper, as a cheap alternative for the full blown midi pedalboard. I tried to do so with different amp footswitch that I had. I tried 2 different amp channel switch like a marshal and a blackstar one button footswitch as well as a dual Hugues and Kemper 2 buttons FS2 switch.

My problem is I plug it in Pedal 1 or 2 inputs on the Kemper and it can activate different fonction such as rig up or down or bypassing certain effects etc... but I have to click twice on my footswitch everytime to do so. Like if I want to activate a delay or go rig up or whatever I assigned, I have to press the footswitch twice. How can I make it work properly so I can click the footswitch only once to get the job done?

Help and advice welcome!

PS: I have an expression pedal and when I plug it and configurate it, the expression pedal works just fine.

Thanks in advance,

Damien "Daemonricks" Reisch

• Your foot switches are latching. The PROFILER requires momentary switches. This fact is mentioned in all related documentation and video tutorials.

Only with momentary switches the PROFILER knows, when you hit and when you release a button, which is critical for some functions.

• Welcome to the forum!

You need a "non latching" footswitch for this.

The switches for amps are (in my experience) mostly "latching" switches.

You could get the kemper 2way switch (perfect size for me).

Other examples from this forum (that I did not test!): Boss FS-5,6 or 7, Kartakou 4-way or 2-way switch.

I also found the Hotone FS-1 Ampero Switch which should be fine.

The Kemper manual says:

Single and Dual Switches of Other Brands

The PROFILER requires so-called “momentary” and “normally open” switches. Channel switches for tube amplifiers are not compatible with the PROFILER, as they use a latching mechanism that would only trigger their assigned switching function every other hit. Single switches are connected via a TS cable, and dual switches via a TRS cable.

Select “Mono Switch” or “Dual Switch” Mode on the corresponding "Pedal” page in Pedal Settings of PROFILER Stage or System Settings of all other PROFILER variants and assign a switching function with the soft knob labeled“Switch Tip”. If “Dual Switch” is selected, another switching function can be assigned with soft knob labeled “Switch Ring”. If your external switch allows to change its polarity (e.g. Boss® FS-5 and FS-6), set it to normally open. The switching function should be triggered as soon as you hit the button. Wrong polarity implies, that the switching function gets triggered, when you release the button. Especially if you intend to control Looper Start and Looper Stopwith the external switch, wrong polarity can lead to odd results as both hitting and releasing the buttons have their meaning. Don’t forget to press “Calibrate” and trigger each switch once.

Have fun!

• Hey all,

Just purchased my first (previously owned) power head. Wow! What was I waiting for???

Just confirming that the Kartakou 4 button switch will allow me to switch rigs during a live performance. I’m looking to have a clean channel, distorted channel, and a lead solo channel.

Thanks!