Posts by Dynochrome

I have been asking for this since I got the Kemper. It sure helped when they changed it to read Eb instead of D#. For me I ALWAYS play in Eb. What I wanted (and would still like to have) was basically what my Digitech 1101 did. It let you globally tune the whole unit in half steps, so when you hit your E string, (which was actually a Eb note) the tuner read E. A string read A etc. (It had cent adjustment too in between that) It helped a lot when using the harmonizer too so I didn't have to figure the offset in when making custom scales or what key to use. If If I was harmonizing to what we all know as an E major chord, I didn't have to figure the scale around D# But E. I loved that. I was real surprised global offset tuning wasn't offered with the kemper, but I've worked around it with other devices before I had the 1101. Not a deal breaker by any means, just something I guessed would be pretty easy to offer. A few of us went round and round about this before they changed the b/# thing.

Can not be done on the Kemper but...

Hipshot extender for hard tail bridge

https://hipshotproducts.com/products/gt2-guitar-xtender

EVH D-tuna for Floyd rose

http://www.dtuna.com/index.php

D-tuna...I under stand how it keeps the E string in tune dropping down to D, but wouldn't dropping down to D make all the other strings sharp? What compensates for that? EDIT: Oh I see you can't have a floating bridge. Nope, that's a dealbreaker. what's the point of a "tremolo" that only goes down?

This ^^^ 59/JB and Charvel is <3<3<3

You can make(almost) any guitar sound decent with a great amp more than the other way around. (Enter Kemper) I was having a blast tonight recording one overdriven profile and going from my tele to my Pro mod starting off tele with volume rolled off then on full to Pro mod with 59 split to 80's metal.

The range I was able to get with one unchanged profile and 2 guitars was amazing. Normally I am not a volume knob clean guy and I would change rigs rather than old school volume knob but this was a real testimony to how much the kemper responds like a tube amp when you clean it up. Often when people use different profiles for clean as they are less compressed, can bee too loud and make distorted sounds seem wimpy in comparison. When using just one preset and the volume knob I was able to go from a very nice chunky clean sound to a ripping lead tone and it was perfectly mixed level wise. That to me is the test of how amazing the tube amp like response is with the KPA. In many ways BETTER than a tube amp.

People insist on looking for and finding what is not there.

A great example is tubes. People change them all the time because their "worn out" or swear tube A sounds better than B. (I have tubes from the 50's that still work great) In most cases, most people would fail a blind taste test. I've rolled Vintage Blackburn NOS Mullards vs RCA, vs Sino vs Russian, Amprex, JJ, Sylvania, Tung-sol, Marconi, Raytheon etc. etc. and am pretty sure most of the differences I hear are my perception and what is put into my head from other people. I got a pretty large vintage tube collection and I'd bet money nobody could tell me what tubes they were playing through without looking. A real pure tube circuit will expose some differences but most modern amps you can stick anything in there and nobody would know what unless you told them.

Ever notice people like to claim something sounds better when you can't easily get one or try one? (like their "custom" this or that or their rare this or that.) I'd like to say nothing sounds like the tubes in my rare vintage Mullard collection but it wouldn't be true. I don't even use them anymore and planning on selling the lot because they're just wilting on the vine.

Like the old ADA preamps. When they went out of favor, I had to beg to get $75.00 for mine and now that they are "vintage" and not everywhere people want a fortune for them and they are the greatest thing ever but sound the same as they did when rack gear went out of mainstream.

Went back and duplicated the same scenario. No pounding. For sure was not my rig/Kemper and likely something else. I noticed it was VERY sensitive (of course) and so hot, susceptible to even tapping on the guitar. Any outside interference could easily cause artifacts. No different than you would get from a jacked up tube amp. Gain can be like an antenna. I would consider this "normal" if you are accurately replicating tube amps.

A lot of rack users have put these on a rear panel to eliminate wear & tear of the remote input jack. That is the SOLE reason I would want the rack version for. I like the size and lights of the toaster, but the rack version would allow me to use one of these. If I had a rack version I would do this immediately. I have a M/F dongle that I keep plugged in at home to reduce wear & tear on my toaster but you have to unplug it to fit in the gig bag. Good thing is, if the input gets damaged it's not too expensive to fix and they can do it in a week usually. It bothers me that every night the teeny wires in the ethernet connector get plugged and unplugged, but I asked on here once and couldn't find hardly anyone that has experienced a failure. Concerned I contacted a company that fixes them with a quick turn around so it put me at ease. They'll even put an ethercon on the back if you want.

Turn down the gain. Does it go away? I had the same thing happen to me for the first time ever the other night. It was on a very high gain profile and nothing else. My guess is area noise like wi fi, a nearby phone etc. I turned down the gain and it vanished which made me think it was picking something up. Unplug the guitar, does it stop? Then unplug cord from Kemper, did it stop?

Sometimes I have a day when my Kemper doesn't sound glorious. Kinda flat, or not as smooth. It's just my ear that day, maybe I started off too loud, maybe not loud enough, the guitar I grabbed, my mood etc. I can go watch a couple shredder or toneful guitar videos and realize the Kemper was actually sounding pretty good in comparison. I go back and turn it on and it's wonderful. I'm 99% sure the Kemper didn't change, it was ME.

That being said, I've been on a high with mine the last week trying some different profiles with my Charvel /w/ JB/59. In the past I have despised and yanked those pickups from guitars (pre Kemper) because they were too pushed and the 59 too twangy and strident. For some reason, the Kemper LOVES these pickups and I'm getting some of the best tones of my life. Of course a LOT has to do with profile choice.

Thanks. On the other forum, they said that they tried KPA years ago and hated the feeling and played a new unit and this time liked the feeling. They guessed it could came from the hardware change (they looked sure of this change).

Perception most likely. If internet reviews say the purple ones sound better than the green ones, it gets in people's heads. Or old vs new etc.

What would be useful is an "L" indicator to indicate there is a "lock" in place as well as or instead of the "E".

i'll pop this in the feature request section now...

I think it's pretty easy to tell when something is locked now. If you put a lock on, it's there. If you take it off, it's gone. They don't just pop on you have to do it on purpose. Holding lock button shows what's locked.

I did the same thing you did! And like us, He had some of his amps because someone else used one too! I was kinda surprised, there were only a couple I would like to own. I'm happy with a Kemper and a couple vintage tube amps to remind me why I bought a Kemper when I start getting GAS. For quite some time the KPA has been an effective antacid when it strikes.