Posts by Dynochrome

I have my Kemper for 7-8 years now, and it's doing the same flickering thing for the last 5 years.

Solution: i started to ignore the lights :)

I could do that too I guess. I just wanted to make sure this was "normal" and that It wasn't something "wrong".

As many have noted, the lights "twinkle" randomly now and then and will catch the corner of your eye-kind of distracting. I was doing some searching about it and read this from 2015:

"the reported LED flashing is caused by a software issue and will be fixed in upcoming software version"

But 5 years later it hasn't... At least on mine it hasn't.

And in 2015 Kemper support wrote: "Tap tempo works flawlessly on my test setup running 3.1.4."

But the tap tempo light is still sporadic...At least on mine. It stutters , and double flashes, pauses etc. Odd for such a high end device. My crappy ole' spider 3 does tap tempo.

I have done some searching but got a little confused by some posts. In performance mode, is this the way to stop the tap tempo blinking?:

Press Rig

Press <PAGE> right

Select Option to disable Tempo -

"TAP" light will stop flashing and Tempo is disabled for the selected Rig

I have my tap tempo button set to morph and to my disappointment it still flashed sporadically so I want to kill it. One way would be to turn the light to zero in the system settings. I understand the tempo flash not being accurate is a known condition. With all the amazing things the Kemper can do and all the updates it's had I'm surprised this hasn't been remedied.

It is on Rig Exchange, but, also a Kemper Factory Rig.

Morgan AC20 (1) by rmpacheco, uploaded to RE on 2012-04-15.

I was wondering because that is not what he called it in the video and the name was different too. It's pretty cool, but I still prefer the MBJJmatch or MB/13 for that type of sound. I see both profiles("MorganAC20" and a Tele Morgan) were with a tele, I'll have to try it with mine and it will likely change a lot. I was trying it with my 69 goldtop with PAF pro which is a very neutral clear and snappy pickup that comes close to SC pickups in terms of clarity so I was getting a pretty good idea.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this one right here

I searched the author but did not produce this as results. Only a "MorganAC20" and a Tele Morgan.

I'm going to check some other guitars to see if it is an artifact of the guitar itself. I can't hear any fret buzzing when unplugged, but want to eliminate the possibility it is the instrument. Usually a mild fret buzz wouldn't show up like this but I believe kemper "reads" guitar signals differently than a regular amp.

clp.zip I am attempting to share this like this. Notice at the very end when the clip fades there is a "crackle" that goes along with it. I could record a clip where this was more noticeable but this was just the first thing I did quickly and it was there. the noise gate is off. It's like there is this alias or artifact overlaid or built in at the very end fade. It will do that same thing if I have the volume knob down and am playing a mid distortion sound softly

Thanks. I haven't stated troubleshooting it yet but will next time it produces itself. I didn't check the gate, but generally don't use it too much. I like to hear a little noise when volume full on for constant recognition that it's not too high. When I want it on, I bump my volume back to 8. I don't believe the problem is with the Kemper itself but something else that I haven't figured out. Is there a way to upload a clip directly here? I don't have soundcloud etc.

I've always applauded the Kemper's ability to clean up like a tube amp when the volume knob is rolled back on an overdriven sound. I have noticed something occasionally on some rigs. I do not detect this through the live cab, but the main outs signal to the board sometimes gets an unnatural "static" like distortion that sits with the sound when you roll the volume back kind of like the old PODS would or when you roll the volume knob back when using a distortion pedal. I has some artifact like scratchy sound with it. I wish I could explain it better. I don't detect it in all rigs, but that may just be because I haven't rolled the volume down on all while recording. It's scratchy and unnatural similar to the scratchy sound a dirty pot makes but goes along with the sound not random. Has anyone else noticed this? I wish there was a way to attach a clip. At first I though it may be a studio connection but it isn't. If I switch in and out of the particular rig that does it it will cease and return with that same rig. I don't do any real drastic altering to the rigs I've purchased. The best I can describe it is strange artifacts in the distortion when rolling back the volume knob on some rigs.

I agree, IRs are really not needed, most profiles are just fine the way they are. I just like to tinker allot and play with new options.

Nothing wrong with that if you have the time as long as you report anything fantastic! Speaking for myself, I don't spend near enough time practicing and far more time fiddle farting around with tones. If I spent as much time practicing as I do playing I would make John Petrucci look like the Ramones. I don't mind messing around but in the end I just want to flip a switch, turn a knob and have the perfect tone fast.

I have to say I don;t like 5150's either, I find them harsh...yet they are so favoured by many people. I think its also what you're used to....I played ENGL's for many years and I always graviate to ENGL profiles, ENGL models in Amplitube etc.

Just recently ( like 2 days ago) pushing myself to use Freidman and Soldano profiles....I will like them!

I have had a ENGL Powerball II and a 656 Morse (awesome), and a 5150III 6L6 50 w. To make the 5153 in the warm ENGL territory one needs to turn that presence control down! I can actually get some very Satriani type sounds from it. I wouldn't call it harsh but crisp for sure. Play it through warm greenback type speakers helps too. Presence knob is the biggie. Mine is simply amazing sounding and I would put it up against a SLO anyday.

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but the majority of people I have talked to (including top studio guys & producers) all say IR's do not seem to be as good as using the Kemper for speaker cabs. I've heard some amazing tone from the Kempers without using IRs to the point of I could probably work with cab controls to get anything I needed. Those cab controls will do a LOT and open up a big rabbit hole!

I have to say this is one of the disadvantages of an un-powered KPA, because the master is controlling the signal volume for monitoring not the power amp.

The other guitarist in our band has a Helix and he adjusts the output to his powered monitor and then the volume using the monitor...too much bending over for my liking...

Can't an unpowered Kemper send a main out signal with cab unlinked from the volume control to the board and Monitor out controlled by volume knob to powered speaker or amp/cab? I don't understand any disadvantages besides having to lug a power amp or heavier powered speaker around.