Posts by tobias l

Hi everyone,

and another one from me ;).

The S/PDIF has two directions. I have the S/PDIF Out from Kemper to my Audio Interface and the other stereo signal from my Audio Interface to the Kemper (S/PDIF In)

As far as I could tell, the S/PDIF In can only be used for Reamping. It would be great if I could send the Stereo Signal also to be mixed in with the MainOut. This way, I could send back some Audio from my Windows Machine to the MainOut to be mixed in (or to have the Backing Track playing while I am playing over it... Stuff like that).

Having the possibility to route the S/PDIF In to MainOut as well would be great from my point of view :).

Best regards,

Tobias

Hi everyone,

I have a setup where I forward the Midi Messages from my Kemper to another entity (in my case it is a Windows System running Ableton).

Now, I really love the Kemper Remote setup, because I just need the one cable on stage and that's it... However, it would be great to be able to map some of the buttons (in my case some buttons from an additional footswitch) to some generic midi messages. Maybe I overlooked something (if so, please let me know :) ) but I think currently my choice for these buttons is limited to the predefined kemper functionalitites.

If something is unclear please let me know :).

Best regards,
    Tobias

How would a wireless in ear system differ from bluetooth?

Well, the wireless in ear system uses a different technology to transfer the music. The transmission works as with a radio. The information is modulated onto a specific frequency and then extracted at the receiver. There are a very few systems that transmit digital information, but most just modulate the music directly onto the frequency (e.g. all the Sennheiser Systems as well as the Shure Systems, at least as far as I know).

I tried achieving low latencies with bluetooth, but the encoding/decoding seems to take quite a while with bluetooth. And in the end, the sync between hands and sound was just not useable.

I came across this while looking for exactly this thing.

For me, the start with the click would not be that essential since my Kemper doesn't get any central click.

But if the trimming would be on the nearest (or next) beat that would actually be really amazing :).

I did this setup in the olden days when I was using SuperLooper on a Linux machine. So maybe I am a little bit spoiled that way ;).

OK, the reason I ask is because some pedals such as the Mission have a very short travel which can feel strange. I don’t think the Boss falls into that category though. I have a Mission and an FV500. I imagine your EV30 would have a similar length of travel to the FV 500.

Have you tried changing the expression pedal type in the system menu from Type 1 to Type 2? I had an issue with my Mission where all the travel was bunched up in a narrow range just at the end of the travel. It was like using a volume pedal with a Y cable instead of a proper expression pedal. I finally managed to sort it by switching the pedal to type 2.

I tried switching to type 2. That works better than type 1. It is however only better, not ideal. So getting some sort of editability would be great :).

But thank you very much for the tip. That was really helpful.

Hi everyone,

I think it would be a great addition if besides Profiling Amps it was also possible to profile singular effect units and use them in the Effect slots.

This was quickly discussed here: Pedal profiling

From my point of view, this would be rather nice. However, I am not sure if this would require too much device ressources or so. Just something that would be nice to have.

(And it would probably drain my bank account, if I could not only buy amps but also effect pedals ;). So maybe it isn't the best of my ideas...)

Best regards,

Tobias

Hi,

I just wanted to reactivate this idea ;).

It would be really great to have some sort of control over the curve that a volume/expression pedal (for any usage type) produces.

As far as I understand, the values from the pedal are just reproduced as numbers 0-127.

So the first thing would be to map them to the final values based on some sort of algorithm (linear, logarithmic, exponential).

Then one could imagine some more control over the curve, basically like drawing a curve as one might be familiar with from image editors (https://www.mikrocontroller.ne…ent/354338/LEDDimmer3.png)

Finally one could imagine even being able to control different frequency ranges in different ways. But that would be very advanced stuff and probably not of that much use. However, one might be able to get some interesting effects with this.

I came to this because the pedal I am using results in a very narrow part where the change is very noticeable. However, just raising the Range is not effective since I then don't get the volume down enough to do fade ins without any noticeable attack.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? Would that be helpful to anyone else or is this just me?

Best regards,

Tobias