Posts by Algado

1) you set input (guitare gain, input or alternate input etc)

2) in most case this section is locked (so become general)

3) you set general purposes for the ring, routing etc..

4) you decides effects etc...

Not logical ;)? So I have to rebuild my logic, but it would be late :P

Algado

Kempers definition of a rig taken from the main manual, page 20:

'A complete signal chain comprising amplifier, guitar cabinet and potentially multiple effects is called a “Rig”.

The signal chain of any Rig begins at the Guitar Input, passes through four effects modules, the stack section, and then followed by another four effects modules.'

OK, why not ?

Just be more visiwig : what you see, the reality, or read more and more books... Having necessarily need of comunity, forums, etc...

The rig "selector" is confusing, and the term "RIG" in this place is confusing too... (Definition, routing, settings but not "RIG")

No, the rig is completely independent from the actual signal chain. Changing the rig can change everything else in the signal chain (including input settings), but changing the input settings will not change the rest of the rig.

Good reason to put the input before ! In addition, the input can be locked, not the ring "selector" which is not a selector but mostly a definition of the chain AFTER the input.

I put in a third picture a king of "ideal", but no dream, juste à logical placement could be nice. If you put à separator, like the third picture, it have to be their only if Input is locked.

13455-kemper-logic-2-jpg

Relatively true... Instrument cable is capable to serve speaker, depending on section câble. Lots of quality instruments cable have big section and can be used for both, I'd say below 50W there is no risk

Reading the Manuel helps. On page 22 is the fx section and the naming described: „Once the signal has passed through the amplifier and virtual cabinet, you can add four stereo effects in the modules labelled “X, MOD, DLY, and REV”. The list of available effect types is identical across all effect modules.“

Yes, ha justifications... but what about beginners ? Just see lots of question about "I have no reverb"...

Manual is not a justification, and interface is not for professionals, don't forget begeners...:)

Welcome to Kemper-Fan club ! (reading upper)

Have a like for posts requesting for improvments like : How to remove ALL tempo ? or other from 2018 Requestbfor global setting for the rising time

It could be really useful, and forget fans-club, they love, so not critics possible.

hello, i have many many performance, but i would like to fix the rising time on all my rigs...i don't know if it's possible or not, and the best thing you could make is to include a setting (like for the pure cabinet when you made the "global" pure cabinet) where we could lock this rising time for each rig or performance.

The "Morphing" option is great. It allows to solve a lot of configurations, well done, I love it.

I would like the "Rise Time" (as well as the tempo) to be globally initialized to zero value. The chosen tempo ans Rise-Fall does not correspond to anything.

The Rig Manager interface should allow this without too much difficulty for 2021 :)?

It should be noted that in the beginning, the Mod, Delay, and Reverb slots were not flexible, which is why those slots are named “Mod, Delay, and Reverb”. It was only later that the ability to put any effect in any slot came to be, but the hardware was not changed to reflect this new versatility. Many other things were altered from their intended usage along the way, and as such there are numerous “quirks” to the unit that some may view as “bugs,” but they’re really just quirks. Many here have had our Kempers since before all of these updates, so we were able to learn the new quirks as they came along. For those just getting started with the KPA, there is quite a bit more catching up to do.

Thanks, interesting information as to why it is not possible to go wrong without being able to understand only with the manual.

Yes, it's about the position, not the effect itself. Now look at your KPA to see how these positions are called: yes indeed: delay and reverb. Can we let it go, please? The forum is a nice place with nice people. You made your point, in that there is a difference between the effect reverb and the position reverb. Can everybody now go on with their lives and have a happy new year?

:thumbup:

Your problem is, that you are not able to fully understand written text and probably because of that you are not reading manual at all. Your fault. All pictures you have posted confirm only what is written in the manual, so it is intended and expected behaviour. So the only advice for you is really RTFM before posting.

and btw you didn't pay for RM. You have paid for the profiler hw + OS! RM is free sw which you can use or not. Profiler can be completely operated without RM. Of course Windows editing might be very usefull in some situtaion and of course there are some bugs (as in every sw) but again it is FREE addendum.

I read the manual but I finally understood that the manual is as badly finished as the RM: when we speak of manual "Reverb" it is "The Reverb Position" and NOT the Reverb effect.

To say that in this configuration the Reverb and Modulo effects are deactivated (not transmitted to the chain) is FALSE. If you put a reverb in the X position like I did, the reverb IS NOT CANCELED.

Either it's a text error in the manual or it's a bug, but it's not a "feature"

If the manual corrects this, OK. Including in this directons, you could say something like : the anny effects placed at positions 3 and 4 (named DLY and Reverb in front of the profiler) are disabled.;)

Why should it be greyed out? In Mainout it is active. You are not able to think about the concept of KPA. There are several possiblities for the output and each output is adjustable for the own choosen purpose. If you choose a signal without delay and reverb for Monitorout, you get it. If you choose the full signal for Mainout, you get it as well. You are able to get both signals at the same time. Realise that this is explaint in the manual and you didn't understand it.

PLEASE : see pictures in post #2 Directly behind the MOD but without delay and reveb : WRONG

and stop trolling, I just speak about a bug report.

If you were able to read the Manual, you would notice that "this stereo signal is tapped directly behind the MOD module and contains the whole signal, but without delay and reverb" (page 105). A little bit of concentration may help you to figure out the functions of Kemper. You overwrote this information in you picture. Please RTFM before complaining.

See pictures : Directly behind the MOD but without delay and reveb : WRONG

See pictures

Mod in this context relates to the Mod block (number 5 in the signal path) not the Modulation effect.

however, Delay and Reverb are treated as specific FX types which I believe are excluded from the other situations. Therefore, my understanding is that you should be able to place any Fx except Delay and Reverb in the Mod slot and tap the signal from there. I haven’t tested this but I think that is the logic.

See pictures :

Directly behind the MOD but without delay and reveb : WRONG