Posts by Silvio Ricci

Maybe the Quad is better when its about Profiling/Capturing, but this guy really didnt do the refining and his answer for this is this:

In my experience, refining may work well for some low gain profiles, but not for hi gain profiles.

So in my opinion thats not true! Look what Guidorist did with refining.

Beside this the Profiling and Capturing is not the biggest reason to buy a Kemper or an QC. In the Kemper you have a lot of more options to tweak your sound....Clarity, Tube Shape, Tube Bias, and so on and on.And the Output Menu from the Kemper is to good for me.

Maybe all that stuff is coming in the future for the QC. We will see!

I heard that Neural are going to use their Neural Engine inside the QC to play the guitar for you....

Whattt? I have to play the Guitar by my own? Shame on the Quad Cortex!

Thanks for the Info! And yes the BEST QC Discussion is only here :D

It would be interesting, if the Quad Cortex is coming in the future in different types. Rack? Head?

Kemper started with the Head and then the Rack and the Stage came out. Are there known plans from Neural?

I had the problem that Rig Manager was suddenly really slow!

Finally i got the answer for myself.

My Problem was Cardreader from my USB HUB which i installed on my Desk and then connected to my Computer USB.

When there is no SD Card in my Card Adapter and the Card Adapter is plugged in my USB HUB there is some USB trouble going on!

Now Rig Manager is working fine and fast again !

I tried out Rig Manager on my Laptop. On my Laptop i did not do an Win Update and Rig Manager is running perfectly. So it is definitely an Win 10 Update problem that Rig Manager is not running good anymore!

In such rare cases i sometimes remove all USB Controller system drivers and let the win install them again. New KPA driver is a standard WinUSB driver. I belive the whole driver layer is moved to RM binary.

That is something i could try out! Installed the Version 58 but its not working good....still need 15 to 20 seconds to activate a Profile! Not a good workflow.

So i will try to reinstall the Windows USB Driver....maybe they changed with the last Win Update and thats the Problem.

Maybe i should buy a Mac ^^

The thing is we compare the Kemper which is over 10 years old.....of course with Updates.....to the QC which is Brand New. The difference in tone is not that big on Profiling or Capturing Amps so the Kemper is a hell of a unit for that age! That are my 2 Cents!

Thank you for this Review!

A QC Rack Unit would be something great.

But your normal QC for live usage you could put the QC behind the stage/in your rack and plug in a midi Controller so you have just your Midi Controller in front of you. So you dont have to be afraid that your QC will be damaged on stage and if the Controller is damaged because of beer and whatever than the Midi Controller is the much cheaper one to buy!

Yes i have seen this Video! Great Video and makes me think about the Kemper!

I Love the Kemper Workflow with the Rig Manager, but when the QC have an Editor in the future it will be hard for the Kemper!