Posts by artdir

Thank you for your responses. In the big picture, my problem with adding a Transpose -1 effect on an acoustic is not a big deal.

What is a big deal is my Rig Mgr not seeing my Profiler... a problem I have had for weeks now. It has made me rethink my $2700 investment in the Profiler and Kemper Powered Kabinet...:whistling:

OK, after shutting down and rebooting several times, the Rig Mgr sees the Profiler.

And I can confirm that my (brand new) Clapton Strat works fine using the Transpose set to -1. Transpose works as it should.

I then switched to the Yamaha acoustic (with the K&K Mini passive aftermarket pickup) and I can testify that it did not work.

It sounded spacey,

No changes were made to anything during the switch.

Well, I wish I could confirm that an electric guitar works, but now I have another problem pop up which has occured with the Kemper for several weeks:

I periodically get an error message which says that Rig Mgr does not see an attached Kemper unit (see screen shot).

Kemper Support has said it is a software problem that will probably be resolved in a future release. I bought a new USB cable just to be sure it wasnt

a connection issue. But I did notice there is a bit of "wiggle" on the Kemper USB port itself.

But this error message occurs frequently ... very frustrating.

Hi,

I checked and the "parallel" function was not engaged (see photo of my Kemper, with the rig that has the transpose effect applied to it).

I am using feeding the Kemper main outputs to ch 7 and 8 on a Focusrite 18i20 and then USB to my iMAc for recording in Garage Band.

I am also using the USB out of the Kemper into my iMac for Rig Manager (see photo of the back the Kemper and the Focusrite).

I recorded a "transpose test" using Garage Band, and it clearly sounds wrong.

I would like to upload it, but the 2 files formats I tried (the native m4a and an mp3 ) would not upload ...I got an "invalid" popup.

I would like to provide for all to hear, is there a format your Forum likes for uploaded sound files?

Thank you for the responses.

No preamp, just running the Acoustic K and K signal directly into the Kemper via 6' guitar cable.

I can confirm though, that the Kemper is giving me a spacey sound and I am not also hearing the ambient room sound projection of the guitar.

It is an after market/non powered/passive pickup, though. So it might not have enough signal strength to work properly.

And I should note -- when I use the same effect with an electric guitar, it works fine.

Hello Fellows:

I am trying to get the "Transpose" effect to work in Rig Mgr (tried both under "Input" settings on the Rig Mgr, as well as just dragging /dropping transpose into an open stomp) for use with my acoustic Yamaha guitar. I want to lower a half step -- which I understand would be -1.

However, I get "spacey" sound, not a clean, half-step down sound. And yes, I realize that since this is an acoustic I need to monitor via headphones -- as to not hear both the Kemper, modulated sound thru my amplifier and also the unmodulated sound thru the guitar's sound hole itself.

I have also made sure that everything else is normalized, with no other additional effects in any stomp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, or if someone can vouch for a rig for sale with a working acoustic -1 (half step) transpose setting , I would appreciate a recommendation.

[Rig Mgr V 3.3.49 and Kemper Non Power Profiler Firmware V 8.7.10 38833]

I am still having problems after replacing the USB cable with a new one ... same errors of "No Profiler Found" and "A Communication Issue has Occurred."

These error messages happened when I have been re-titling rig names in Rig Mgr and wonder I if this is the reason for the errors. Software worked fine for a half hour, then the error messages popped up.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

3.3.47 Rig Mgr and for the Profiler 8.7.10.38833.

Aaaaannnnddddd ... it is working perfectly today.

For the past 2 days, first Rig Mgr would give me an error that it could not see the Profiler, or I could not switch from one rig to another in Rig Mgr, or the rig change had a 10 second or longer delay before the next rig would actually load in Rig Mgr, or the rig would not load at all while the first rig that was assigned when I turned opened Rig Mgr was stuck "on" when I switched rigs (note that operation directly on the Profiler itself worked fine...this is all Rig Mgr errors).

But now everything is back to normal! Any ideas, or should I just shut up and not complain about my current good fortune?

My Rig Mgr was giving me an error (it was not recognizing the rack unit), I upgraded both Rig Mgr software and Rack Mount firmware to most recent available versions.

Now, my rigs do not load. I am able to switch rigs on the computer (Mac) and the headphone icon appears next to the rig, but the actual rig does not load (it just keeps the existing rig loaded). There is no problem when I "browse" on the actual unit itself. Just the rig manager is whacked. And no I have a delay in time in Rig Mgr when I can actually switch rigs, unlike before.

I have changed most of my Rig names in Rig Mgr (if that makes a difference)...but I dont have a huge amount of Rigs in my library (maybe 100 or so).

Pls Help!