Posts by lbieber

I attached a 7zip file with the a sample .syx file, a GCPro editor installation file and a manual. If you have questions, please ask. I'll do my best to help. The file is actually a .7z file. Download it, rename it to GroundControlPro.7z, then unzip it.

Files removed due to lack of response from OP :(

I understand. I'm at work at the moment. This evening, MST, I can attach a syx file and editor so that you can see a working configuration. This should help you understand how to configure it for your application.

Opinions on speakers are just that. We all have different views on what is good. Since you're using a powered head, I suggest paying attention to cabinet impedance and speaker power ratings. You probably want to make sure you get can get max power transfer without killing the speakers.

Hi,

Reply to an old post here, but do you still have syx file available for using GCP with KPA? The links are not working anymore. I'd like to use my GCP with my Kemper.

Thanks in case you see this.

This is an old thread. I use the GCP with KPA and can send you some information if you like.

Usually that's not covered under warranties for other items. Not sure why Kemper would be an exception.

Agreed, usually it is not. Burkhard's post states that failures can be coincidence and not always due to temperature. So, we can pontificate about this or we can get an explanation directly from Kemper. Hence the question. How will Kemper decide what caused the failure? What is the warranty policy in this case?

I design ICs and my company would have a very difficult task trying to determine the root cause of a failure in a case such as this.

Perhaps this was just coincidence. As a matter of fact even quality hardware can brake without any further external cause. Putting this in context with the temperature is just speculation.

Yes and putting it in the context of coincidence is arguably more speculative.

Burkhard, can you answer whether Kemper will honor warranty work for a unit that has been exposed to conditions outside of the environmental requirements?

Running a computer at -1* can make it perform faster and for a longer time so cold had nothing to do with it unless it got snowed on. Just coincidental. We spray liquid nitrogen on computers to overclock their speeds for fun and competition. I hope you find out the cause and get it fixed!

There are so many things wrong with those comments that I don't know where to start. All electronic devices have operating ranges. Just because one device behaves correctly or better at some temperature doesn't mean they all do. From the manual:

Environmental Requirements

Operating temperature: 5° to 45° C (41° to 113° F)

Non-operating temperature: -20° to 47° C (-4° to 116° F)

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing

Maximum altitude: 3000 m (10,000 feet)

By the way, the operating and non-operating temperature ranges are not very wide. This post helped bring my attention to this and will help me keep my unit in the recommended conditions.

I hope your unit comes alive or gets repaired. It is not clear whether the warranty will be honored if the unit is proven to be exposed to temps outside the range.

I think all of the above are valid comments. Bass with vocals is harder for me as well. I attribute that to the fact that any syncopated musical lines are harder for me to sing along with. Funky, syncopated musical lines coupled with legato vocal phrases are especially difficult. It is also true the other way around. Practice helps for some songs. But I am not always able to overcome ALL of the issues in some cases. If I can't get it solved in a reasonable amount of time, I abandon the song and move on to something else. There are too many great songs that I can sing and play. I also pay particular attention to holding notes at the end of lines or into musical changes. I have a tendency to cut off vocal notes at times. I hear a lot of people do this and I don't think they realize it. Recording yourself and listening back is very useful in cases like this.

I've had many issues related to hands, arms, shoulders... All due to repetition. I've gone down many roads in search of a solution but have never found one. I've managed to make playing tolerable by:

1. Learning to relax and play lightly. It is interesting how little force is necessary to play a guitar
    2. Light strings helped me a lot
    3. Probably the most significant is a percussion massager on hands, forearms, elbows and all the way to the shoulders. I turn it up high and pound away with it. I use it myself, but it seems more effective when my girl does it. This device has allowed me to keep playing with very little pain.

Now if I could solve the tinnitus and hyperacusis...

Best of luck

I load the rig from anywhere - from Profiler or RM. Then save the cab from the Kemper as it can't be saved from RM. Once the cab is saved on the Kemper it can be accessed from RM by right clicking on the cab icon and choosing it. Not the greatest work flow IMO, but it works.

BTW, at times I choose the cab I want in RM and lock it. Then I can choose any other rig and keep the cab unchanged.

Since the algo has pitch discrimination already, I imagine an improved 12 string emulator is possible. An implementation where all pitches below a threshold note are raised an octave and all those above are doubled, with adjustable detuning, would result in an improved 12 string emulation over what is currently possible.

+1 on the request linked below. The forum messaging recommended I start a new thread...

Global reverb mix and delay mix controls - Feature requests - Kemper Profiler Forum (kemper-amps.com)Global reverb mix and delay mix controls - Feature requests - Kemper Profiler Forum (kemper-amps.com)

The inability to set the reverb and delay mix globally makes the Profiler very difficult to use in a live situation as mentioned in the linked post. Every room is different and being forced into changing the mix levels with each rig selection is not realistic. A global scaling factor would make the unit more useable for live performance.