Posts by JonBourke

The primary use of the Kabinet is to use Imprints. The imprints can be any one of 19 different speaker choices. These are independent of what comes out of Main outputs, as that only uses the original rig/profile speaker type.

So, the main outs are always the original rig/profile.

The Monitor/speaker out can be same as Main, or Kabinet Imprint, or Kabinet FRFR.

Thank you very much, I think I'm understanding better now. So using imprints wouldn't give me an accurate depiction of what the audience is hearing. Would using Main or FRFR be better on stage if I'm wanting to hear the closest to what the audience hears?

Sorry if I'm so confused, I've been an anolog tube guy for the longest time and all of this stuff is pretty new to me.

So if I'm understanding this right, turning Monitor Cab Off effectively puts the Kabinet in FRFR mode and would more accurately represent what the audience hears FOH?

Thank you for the excellent write up! Are there any recommended settings in the output menu I could use that would more accurately simulate the sound going to FOH better through the kabinet? Just for consistency sake. It's not an issue for smaller gigs where there isn't a PA but for larger gigs with a sound guy I'd love if I could get a closer sound through the Kabinet.

Hey all, I have a Kemper powerhead and a kabinet as my live rig. I usually use the kabinet as a monitor and still run to FOH through a PA. I noticed I'm getting a different sound through the stage monitor than the kabinet, I'm assuming it's a settings thing. What's the best setting to get the Kabinet to translate what FOH is getting? I also noticed that the kabinet sounds much different than when I use headphones. The kabinet is "harsher."

Also, probably stupid question, but is there anything wrong with using a standard instrument cable to connect the powerhead to the kabinet? Or am I a big dumb dingus that never realized I needed to use a speaker cable this whole time?

just thought I'd update:

Gig went great! Sound guy had never run a kemper but with all of your support it was super smooth. Sound engineer said it was one of the cleanest sounds he'd ever run and loved it too which made me really happy. Thank you all!

Thanks for the advice! I still have a few days to practice tweaking. I use a relatively simple performance with stomps similar to how I've used tube amps. I have a sound check as well so I'll be able to get dialed in.

Hey all, I have the powered toaster, remote, and Kabinet. I have my first live show Saturday after playing tube amps for years. Anyone got any tips?

I want to essentially run the Kabinet as a stage monitor along with other monitors. Do I just plug the kab into the Kemper at the same spot? And where do I tell my sound guy to plug in for DI?

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Hey all, hoping someone can help me. My PC can't seem to detect my Profiler so I can connect to rig manager. I have the most updated RM software and updated the Kemper (Powerhead) with a USB flash drive.

I've tried connecting with a USB A to USB A (made sure to use the USB connector on the back), and a USB A (Kemper side) to USB C (laptop side).

I tried when I first got the Kemper to connect it to my father in law's Mac but I had the same problem, but I figured it was because the Kemper wasn't updated. Now it's updated but I'm having the same problem with my PC laptop (HP Omen on Windows 10). I don't get the "USB jingle" and the Kemper isn't showing up in device manager under the audio/game controller section.

Other than that the Kemper works great! I was able to put some awesome tone junkie profiles on it through my flash drive, have hooked it up to the remote, Kabinet, headphones, everything and it sounds awesome but I'd love to start incorporating rig manager. I'm thinking my next step is completely revert the Powerhead to factory settings and start from scratch but I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks!!

I'm thinking of purchasing these headphones for at home use. I want open backed headphones (for backing tracks and whatnot) that'll be as accurate as possible to the Kemper Kabinet so I can have as close to my settings as possible for practice at home when my daughter is sleeping.

That being said, will I need a separate amp for these headphones to use exclusively with the Powerhead? If so I'd rather not get them (budget) and would love a suggestion.