Posts by Boycie999Uk

having looked at the video I’ll have to give that a try when I get back from work. I know when I’ve tried to connect it up in the past I’ve had something pop up when changing one of the settings, saying that ‘x’ needs to be restarted to change the settings. Yet I’ve tried resetting things and nothing changed so gave up on SPDIF route. But I’ll have another go and report back

Hi. I know I don’t need the other cables for SPDIF, but sadly I can’t get the SPDIF input to be seen by my DAW when the Kemper is connected to it and I’m not getting sound come through the Scarlett when it is connected via SPDIF cable. The XLR lines are what I’m having to use currently as the SPDIF route doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’ll give the vid a look, thanks

Hi all,

map my recording setup in my home studio uses a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with Pro Tools as my DAW. I’ve wanted to record my Kemper via SPDIF, but for whatever reason when I connect it, SPDIF is not even an I/O option. Have tried the stuff I’ve seen through a search where it says about trying to sort settings out in the Focusrite Control Panel but it still isn’t having any of it. So currently I’m having to use 2 XLR’s out from the Kemper into 2 separate inputs on the Scarlett. Anybody got any ideas on how I can rectify this? Or alternatively do I need to have a L and a R out from the Kemper into the interface, and instead just use 1 as a guitar uses a mono lead? Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I’m still getting used to the Kemper and I’ve downloaded a number of profiles but I’m finding that with the profile packs I’ve downloaded they sound nothing like what is advertised in some of the demo videos. Especially packs which sound distorted. I load them up into rig manager and they all sound similar, just a guitar running through an amp (without much gain or distortion), yet the name says it’s a profile of an amp, cab and pedal (such as a Fortin 33 or fortin Grind or 808). Am I missing something or are the profiles just there to have a distortion applied to it?

I am also finding that the profiles volumes vary drastically between the clean profiles and ones which are meant to be high gain or distorted, is that normal?

Any help/assistance with either query is greatly appreciated.

Yes you can indeed.

Go into the system menu on the KPA (its not duplicated in Rig Manager) and page through until you find the pedal pages. Change the pedal type from Volume to Wah. If you want it to control Wah in some rig but Volume on others click the Wah > Volume softkey too. This will make the pedal control Wah if there is an active Wah effect in the rig. If no wah is present or the wah is turned off the pedal will control Volume.

Hi all,

I have a Profiler Rack and a Mission expression pedal for Kemper, and I am wanting to set it up to be used as a wah pedal for solos. I currently have it connected via TRS from Output 1 on the pedal to Pedal 1 Input on the ProfilerRack. When I seem to use it it controls volume parameters. Can I change this somewhere in the settings to control Wah on a rig?

I’ve tried searching online and I find lots of videos discussing setting up an expression pedal for volume and what it can do regarding that.

thanks in advance

I have tried the whole switching stuff on and off again, but it still comes up with restart required on the control app.

Sadly SPDIF is not an option as it’s not being picked up as an I/O option from the Focusrite. I’m assuming this is due to issues going on with the control app.

for now I’ll just record via XLR Main Outs straight into my AU inputs

Hi all,

just bought a Kemper Profiler Rack and I am wanting to record with it in Pro Tools via my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. I have the SPDIF output on the Kemper linked to the SPDIF input on the Focusrite.

When I open up pro tools I do not have SPDIF as an option for an audio track input.

I try and reset the I/O in pro tools but SPDIF doesn’t show up.

on the Focusrite Control program, next to Digital I/O is (Device Restart Required), but I don’t know how to do this.

It’s annoying as I can hear the Kemper through the speakers linked to my Focusrite but it looks like I can’t record from it via SPDIF.

can anybody help or shed some light on what is going wrong here?