Posts by Low Volume

UPDATE: I just spent about an hour in my tracking room with the rig and a KSM32 at ear level just in front of me. Here’s what I found…continued fizz.

Then…when I went to the output section, I noticed my monitor output was at -1.5. When I sat on the floor to start playing with the eq, I brought down the monitor output volume to save my ears and I noticed the fizz went away. So, I thought…hmm. If I bring the volume up on the power amp, will it get fizzy again? NO! It didn’t! So…I think my issue here is that I’m overdriving the inputs on the Seymour Duncan Powerstage.

So, I think I’ve solved it!

I just picked up an SD170 and an unpowered Kab which should arrive soon. I had this exact question about monitor out and amp boost levels so I can minimize setup time and maximize the play time. Thank you for the first hand info!

?(

It's NOT a PC.

Very true, just had me wishing it was because I already build computers! :) I was just thinking about the instant on that new macbooks have with their SOC and thinking of how that could be applied to something like the Kemper if/when a new version is released.

Genuinely if startup time is my only complaint (which it is) then things are going swimmingly indeed.

If you haven't already, utilize Rig Manager and only keep your favorites Rigs on the head itself. I have thousands of profiles from various packs and so forth in Rig Manager, some I've never even tried. So after some point, it's not worth keeping what you don't need when time matters on the KPA itself. You'll cut down on the load up time substantially if you do this. Plus if you're away from your computer, it's a lot easier to navigate through rigs and such if you don't have too many on I've found that if I turn on my KPA, it's ready to go by the time plug in a guitar cable and hook up a guitar. About as fast as the QC turns on btw.

This is great advice that I read somewhere else when I first got my unit and you are spot on. I have loads of rigs but like most I suspect I tend to play a handful more than any others for my day to day tones practicing and whatnot. How many do you usually have on the profiler itself? I assume I can backup the stock profiles somewhere and remove those as well correct?

I just bought my Kemper ( classic unpowered toaster) and so many of these features you’ve all mentioned would be amazing. For me the number one feature I want is instant boot. Waiting for this thing to fire up before I can play is painful. Had me considering how to go about upgrading the ram and the hard drive myself the other day lol.