Posts by nwmusic32

I had a gig once where I couldn't hear my sound - I found I played the guitar harder and then quickly had the energy and excitement to play zapped, it was not enjoyable or fun and I still don't know how it sounded to the audience.

You're going to want and need something, especially if you're by the drummer. Whether it's a cab, in-ears, a wedge, etc. - get something to monitor your sound.

What I do right now is run the main outs of my kemper stage into a FLOW 8 mixer which the mixer can also act as an audio interface. So it's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice.

I'd EQ the les paul to match a strat curve - drop the mids. I'd drop from 120 - 600ish MHZ out. This will clear the tone up and get more in the realm of a single coil.

Hello Everyone,

I have a Kemper Stage and would like a guitar cabinet to use with it. The Kemper Kabinet seems the obvious choice, but do I need a power amp too since it's passive? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks!

I have had the kemper for over 10yrs. I have a QC and a fractal fm9. The QC which I have had for a year still hasnt replaced my kemper live. It has great captures, amps and drives. It also has no commercial market, needs massive ui updates, and reverbs and delays arent in the same ball park as kemper or fractal. And the most powerful modeler ever still hits limits I can do on the kemper. It is a great piece of gear but needs huge updates. The Fractal Fm9, like kemper, is a polished product. It has an incredible amount of high quality effects, its very versatile and sounds great. It can not capture anything and they are in fact models. They are the only digital models Ive been impressed by and that includes line 6. All just my opinions. Kemper has made more updates more often to improve an existing product than any company Ive ever seen. I wish neural was half as expedient in this regard. BTW, I think the tube screamer line up buit into Kemper is great imo. Have you spent any time trying to dial one in ?

Thank you for the feedback on the Quad Cortex - I wasn't aware there was such a need for improvement on it. It's nice to hear from someone who has had one for a substantial amount of time.

Yes, I've spent a lot of hours dialing in different tones and rigs for the groups I use it in and am usually happy with the results. I recently captured my amp head and after some tweaking, I'm happy with how close it is.

I really should've reworded my first post to express my opinion better. I'm not trying to s*** on the Kemper - it is a fantastic tool. I've played multiple shows with it and it does really well.

My point was I want Kemper to keep moving forward. For example, if it had two inputs, it would eliminate my need for an ABY switch pedal, the power supply to it, and the cable to connect it. Another example - give Rig Manager an "Undo" command in case you mistakenly copy over a rig or performance slot (this literally just happened to me and I had to rebuild the patch from scratch). Or let me connect the Kemper directly into my DAW to record - no audio interface required.

I am a happy Kemper user and I do not regret my purchase; I'd make it again right now. It's proven, Kemper has a great support team, it has large community support, and there are endless profiles you can purchase for use. I'd like to see Kemper continue to push forward.

Hi!

I just got my Kemper Profiler rack version, this thing is amazing. I want to be able to do some recording with it, what is the best/recommended or maybe even most commonly used interface? I would like to also be able to plugin a microphone and maybe live stream music production.

I now use a Behringer FLOW 8 mixer for my home studio. I run 1/4" TRS cables from the main outs on the Kemper Stage and then because the FLOW 8 can act as an audio interface, I also run USB to my MacBook. It can also stream/play the audio from my MacBook even when connected as an interface.

I would consider how many inputs you need. I needed to have the Kemper, my Captor X and a vocal mic available at the same time which is why I switched to the FLOW 8.

I used a Motu M2 for a while and had good results. Double check this, but I believe I ran into it with 1/4" TRS cables, not XLR as the XLR engaged the mic preamps and changed the sound (if I remember correctly). I do remember the Motu only has 1/4" TRS or RCA outs for the monitors.

I have the Kemper Stage and use it between three very different bands - it handles everything really well including my acoustic. Great purchase and always seems to have a feature I need, but didn't know I needed.

Hello Everyone,

In case anyone is interested - I profiled my Dirty Shirley Mini amp head yesterday using the Two Notes Captor X and got some really good results. I did have to tweak the tube shaping and power sagging a bit but it was very close and sounds great. This allowed me to swap speakers and cabs quickly with the Captor X app and get a variety of results.

Signal Chain
    Guitar ---> Kemper Stage Input ---> Kemper Send 1 to Amp Head Input ---> Captor X (via speaker out on amp) ---> Kemper Return 1 (via XLR out to 1/4 TRS cable)

The Behringer FLOW 8 might be the answer. It is a multi channel mixer, but also connects to your MacBook and can be an audio interface. You can also stream bluetooth audio to it/through it.

At home, I have the FLOW 8 and run into it my Kemper (straight from main outs, no additional audio interface), Captor X, vocal mic, and the USB audio from the MacBook (as well as use it for recording as an interface). Then I run the main outs of the FLOW 8 to my studio monitors.

So you could run your Kemper main outs straight into it, USB connect and add the audio from your MacBook and the mixer combines it and then send it to the FLOW 8 main outs to your Headrush monitors.

I would be careful using Airpods in this situation due to delay over Bluetooth. The mixer likely has enough juice you could just run in-ears to it without a pack using the headphone out with an extension cable eliminating any latency over bluetooth/streaming.

Something to check out and hope this helps!

I use a pair of Yamaha HS5 monitors with the matching HS8S subwoofer. Run everything through my Behringer FLOW 8 mixer - I run my Kemper Stage, Captor X, and a vocal mic through the mixer. I also have it hooked up to the USB of my MacBook and it can act as an interface for recording.

Everything is then run through the main outs of the FLOW 8 to my subwoofer and then to the speakers.

I use (4) different guitars for our shows, (3) are electric and (1) is acoustic. I currently use an A/B switcher (1 input for electric, 1 for acoustic - it doesn't really affect anything except reminds me where I am) and then that goes into the main input of my Kemper Stage. I just unplug and switch electrics as needed, acoustic is always plugged in.

I use different performances for each song (lots of guitar parts and sounds) and I just set up a different performance for the acoustic. I use the Kemper B rig for the acoustic, fine tune with an EQ block and reverb. Sounds great, the Kemper handles acoustic really well.