Posts by Tony G

Hi Tony G,

I have experienced these problems also after updating.

What worked for me is going to device management and under controls for sound, video and games, remove the profiler drivers (2 for me).

Then hit the button, find new devices, and the profiler drivers will be reinstalled.

This worked for me.

Thank you that worked 100%. If I ever meet you I'm buying you a beer.

Ok I just reinstalled Asio4all and even dough I can see it in windows when I go into "Sound control panel" In windows I see the profiler and when I click on test it says it failed.

In my DAW Cakewalk by bandlab. I don't see the profiler at all.

It could be user error. I would be interested in finding out if others are having the same problem. Or if they found a solution.

did you install Asio4All

Yes I did, it was working great before when Kemper usb audio was first released but it hasn't worked for a long time.

I'll reinstall Asio4all when I get a chance and see if it works.

Thank you for your reply.

Just updated to the last OS 10.2.2. I'm running windows 10 fully updated.

I use s/pdif so I was just checking if usb sound was working since it didn't seem to work before. I get nothing not even a whisper can't get sound with you tube or my DAW.

Any way I just tried it to check if it was working but it really makes no difference to me as I use S/pdif and that has always worked fantastic on my end.

I didn't spend a lot of time on it but I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.

Wishing you all a great day.

Wow... none of you guys seem to have gotten what the awesomeness of blending-amp tones is ...
    It´s NOT ABOUT STEREO WIDTH (!), but about BLENDING TONES and being able to PAN THEM.

Ok I'm going to put my 2 cents in.

If you need stereo rigs, get stereo rigs. A painter needs many brushes to express his art maybe they are even different brands.

Maybe you need more than one profiler/effects processor.

You are the artist and only you know what you need. I have more than one effects processor and a few rackmount units that I truly love and use where needed.

Kemper is not the only thing but it is an amazing piece of kit you must admit.

I have the HP EliteBook 8470P that I use with windows 10 and everything is working great.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 22H2

Installed on ‎1/‎16/‎2023

OS build 19045.3570

I never had any problems with installing RM (v3.4.45) .

The only problem I had was when I updated from Windows 7 my Steinberg audio interface software wouldn't install, I had to totally remove it and reinstalled a few times eventually it worked fingers crossed.

I used "revo uninstaller" and it worked but it took a few tries, the best part is that its free.

I realize I am a total Kemper noob and I still need to learn how to convert from static to liquid profiles

Its easy and there are many videos on you tube teaching you how to do it. If someone like me who's been on this earth since before the dead sea even knew it was sick can profile an old amp I'm sure you can too.

Can I turn this into an accurate "liquid profile" without reprofiling it?

I think I did with your settings except for gain I put it at 5. Sounds amazing I can't stop playing it. I did change a bunch of settings because I'm playing a Les Paul. The whole amp just came alive.

Amazing. I just profiled this rig with the proper settings except for the preamp I put it on 5 using the Mars cm 800. What a sound so much control over the highs and lows. The preamp works amazingly well unfortunately I don't have a real Marshal to compare it to but sure feels like the real thing to me.

Mr. Dynochrome thank you for the free profile its really awesome. If I ever meet you I'm buying you a beer.

Yes there are some good ones in RE but 99% of them are either bad or at best mediocre.

I'm not sure about the commercial profiles I have never bought one, but I think that now with liquid profile even the mediocre rigs are starting to sound pretty good all they need is a little tweaking.

Its funny I use to hunt for profiles and now I hunt for amplifiers. Can't wait for the Morgan ac20 liquid profile to be released, I'm using a twin reverb tone stack with it right now and getting amazing results.

Some rigs are not what you are looking for but with a little tweaking you can make it yours. I hardly look for rigs anymore I just tweak the ones I love the most for different songs, genres or originals.

Oh man I love the compressor on the Kemper it sounds great but you are correct when it comes to the labeling I find it confusing compared to what I'm used to. Level, tone, attack, sustain. Boss CS-3

But it still does everything I need it to do and I find it very dynamic.

Its making me lazy because I have better compressors and reverbs but I just never use them anymore, everything is just a click away with the Kemper and so much easier to use specially when reamping. My whole rack only gets used when I'm doing vocals and I'm working on using the Kemper for that too specially when I can profile very expensive mic preamps. I started using the Neve preamps from the acoustic guitar rigs for vocals there are a few of them available in rig exchange but I'm not getting a better sound than I do on my interface. I think I need to profile the sweet spot for my vocals. A lot of experimenting going on to save space in my humble abode.

I use to turn on my amps 1/2 hour before gig time so the tubes would be nice and toasty. I really don't have a problem with how long Kemper takes to boot up.

I would much rather see a tuner and a metronome included in rig manager than faster boot up times. I know I get all that in my daw. I think it would be a nice touch for the practicing musician.