Posts by dradlin

I added a few more... these with amp clean and a Nobels ODR-1 ahead of the amp.

01d H1 Phaez Corona Clean ODR1 (clean’ish)

02d H2 Phaez Corona Clean ODR1 (breaking)

03d H3 Phaez Corona Clean ODR1 (crunch)

04d H4 Phaez Corona Clean ODR1 (more crunch)

05d H5 Phaez Corona Clean ODR1 (lead tone)

I’ve been exploring profiling my Phaez Corona, a range of clean through crunch tones.

What I’m experiencing is that when I “Refine” a capture it affects the Definition setting swinging it either to 0 or 10. If I capture the same an do not “Refine” then the Definition setting is about the midpoint of 5.

If the refined profile definition outcome is 0 then increasing definition produces a too bright tone.

If the refined profile definition outcome is 10 then decreasing definition produces a too dark tone.

Leaving the profile unrefined and thus yielding a definition outcome of about 5 produces a good profile and useable definition range.

So refining the profiles seems to bugger up the definition of the capture.

Any insight with what is happening in the refine process that is causing this?

Should I simply not refine the captured profile and leave be?

Thanks for an offered insight…

Posted profiles of my Phaez Corona to rig exchange… there are five profiles ranging clean through lead tones, all built upon a clean amp capture and varying degrees of Green Scream overdrive.

I’ve tested and gigged them at 95db+ through my QSC K12’s and Kemper Kab with flat output and channel EQs. They’ll sound dark for me at lower SPL, but open up at higher SPL.

They will favour humbucker guitars, in my case a Les Paul with 57 Classics and Tele with Duncan Lil’59’s. Roll the guitar tone knob back on the bridge pickup as required to tame bridge highs, neck tone full up to maintain neck clarity.

Interested to know how then translate for others.

Thanks

Rig names:

Phaez Corona Clean M3 TS H1 (clean’ish)

Phaez Corona Clean M3 TS H2 (breaking)

Phaez Corona Clean M3 TS H3 (crunch)

Phaez Corona Clean M3 TS H4 (more crunch)

Phaez Corona Clean M3 TS H5 (lead tone)

I uploaded some profiles to Rig Exchange a few days ago, but seems they are not (yet) in the repository.

Are uploads immediate, or do they wait in queue for a review/approval process prior to release?

Maybe have a pedal with a buffer closer to you and run the longer cable after that? I think that would help here.

That’s got me thinking… with the monitor output on the stage not being balanced, is it “buffered” so to facilitate a longer cable run?

Edit: Actually, I’m thinking that the idea of a buffer as used ahead of a guitar amp is an entirely different electronics issue than what exists between the Stage output and Kab input.

No - the input is not balanced. You would be better off modifying one the 1/4" adapters so the ring is connected to the shield, or modifying one end of the XLR cable to do the same thing when it is connected to the adapters.

Gotcha… that’s unfortunate., and this having just occurred to me it’s too late to get into cable/adapter mods. I’ll probably just make a longer guitar cable, but then wonder if it would be a tone suck.

Are DI boxes bi-directional such that one could be put on both sides of an XLR cable?… anybody know about that?

Hi.

Which OS version was that and could you make a backup and send it to support?
    Is this behaviour reproducable?

I’ve not been able to reproduce it, I don’t have record of my prior OS version… if I encounter again I’ll be sure to document and send to support.

I’ve experienced this chorusing effect when switching to a rig that includes a chorus effect, yet with the chorus being turned off in the stored rig configuration.

In that situation, despite the chorus effect being off, I toggled it on then off again… that corrected the problem.

So there seems to be something glitchy at the moment a rig is loaded that the chorus was errantly being activated despite it showing as not.

Thanks for your replies... as I suspected, copy/paste is the (cumbersome) available option.

I like that performance slots use a copy of a rig and so preserve the original, however the option to push a rig update across multiple performance slots would certainly be an asset.

Cheers!

Suppose I have several performances that use the same rig, and I want to edit the rig shared across these performances… is there a way to edit the rig in browser mode then push the update to all performances that use that rig?

Seems I can’t, so I’d have to cycle through each performance and update the shared rig individually… could be quite cumbersome if lots of performances involved.

I few years back I had bronchitis after a cold and weekend gigs stacked up. I subscribed to “the show must go on” attitude so decided to suck it up and push through… as the night went on my voice degraded and three quarter way through I lost my voice all together. That persisted for a couple weeks and it took six months to fully recover. The lesson learned is you can cause long term injury pressing through illness and end up compromising not just one gig but many gigs due to injury. I no longer subscribe to “the show must go on” attitude.

ST... thanks for the links, very helpful!

A basic set of Shure SE215's with a CAD Audio wireless unit serve my needs for bar/club gigs... what the SE215's lack in audio performance is made up by the fact that I could loose them or step on / crush them without too much lost.

I was planning on getting moulds made with better drivers, but covid put a damper on that plan... I'll wait on that for now, but eventually.

Cheers!

Hey all... I'm new to Kemper products, having just received my Stage.

As a brief introduction, I've been gigging with an Atomic Amplifier 12 for several years with my cover band, playing classic r&B and rock. We run IEM's and a silent stage, so the digital realm is very much in my comfort zone. Atomic served me well, but felt I got all I could out of it and was looking to expand my tonal palette.

Enter the Kemper Stage... immediately it proved to be in a totally different league and the tones are just blowing me away, that with no loop of endless tweaking!

Looking forward to learning and growing with the Stage. My first impressions are so positive that I doubled down and ordered a powered Kab. Well done Kemper team!

Rock steady fellas!

DR