Posts by Milenium

I don’t say they are not profiled in a studio. To me they sound like merged profiles and that is a good thing in my opinion. So you make a studio profile and a direct profile and merge them. When you switch off the cab section in the Kemper you get the sound of the direct profile.

The regular profiles and the direct profiles sound absolutely the same through my Kemper Kone Speaker with active Imprint.

When I have two studio profiles of the same amp with the same settings but different cabinets, they sound different to each other through my Kone Speakers. On this profiles it is not the case.

I wanted to come back around and update/change my opinion.

I bought the JCM800, Friedman modded Superlead, and just recently, the BE100. I was mainly after the direct profiles and was finding the bass too present in those. Since getting the Kab, I had been really forcing direct profiles and adding my own IRs. I decided to go back and spend some time with the studio profiles on my MattFig LP packs and that's where it's at. The choices and sounds...all really good and the bass (and other frequencies) are all where you'd expect them on a real amp. They compare as favorably with any of the great studio profiles out there...especially for the Marshall-style folks. FWIW, I tried the studio profiles with the Kab and with some slight EQ tweaks on the monitor EQ, it's right where I want it. I imagine his direct profiles may set up a bit better for a true amp/cab (vs Kab) approach but I use my Helix LT through a Fryette PS2 when going that route. When direct, I'm using the Kemper.

Kudos to MattFig as far as pumping out all the great liquid profiles and a lot of great amps.

I think there are no studio profiles. They sound all the same with my Kemper Kone Cabinet when an Imprint is active. I assume they are merged profiles.

Mattfig

Your profiles are absolutely the best. I’m just waiting for a dual rectifier😀

Well it is written that they are profiled at 6. I just don't understand why there are several profiles with different levels of generic gain for exact the same amp when they are all turned up to ten.

In other words. When I turn up when profile to ten, generic gain is 4.4. On another profile of the same amp generic gain will be 6. I would like to know how much gain the amp really has when I turn it up to ten.

Habe die Lösung selber herausgefunden. Als Software zur Aufzeichung auf dem Mac verwende ich OBS, denn da kann man mehrere Aufnahmequellen gleichzeitig einstellen. Zusätzlich benötigt man dann noch den Blackhole Treiber. Dadurch lässt sich das Audiosignal vom Mac in OBS aufzeichen. Zu guter letzte muss man dann noch im Audio-MIDI-Setup ein Audiogerät mit mehreren Ausgängen anlegen, damit man nach wie vor alles über den Kemper auch während der Aufnahme hören kann.

Hallo zusammen,

gibt es eine einfach Möglichkeit, wie ich auf einem Mac den Kemper mit Video und gleichzeit einen Backingtrack z.B. von Youtube aufnehmen kann? USB Audio funktioniert in beide Richtungen einwandfrei. Bei einer Videoaufnahme auf dem Mac wird aber der gleichzeitig auf dem Profiler abgespielte Backingtrack nicht mit aufgenommen, sondern nur die Gitarre.

Viele Grüße,

Alex