Posts by TheTrendkiller

Hello,

Sorry in advance for the noob question but I'm wondering what's the best practice if you're using the Kemper Stage at home in regards of expected life-cycle and electricity consumption?

I connected it to my computer via USB and I am infrequently recording guitar and listening music throughout the day. Should I turn it off every time when I'm not using it or does it not really matter? For example, does it use a lot of electricity to keep the Kemper Stage running and does leaving it on for an extended period of time somehow effect the durability of the hardware? Or is it basically like a computer where leaving it running is somewhat negligable? Thanks for your input!

Btw this is what ChatGPT had to say in regards to this topic:

When using the Kemper Stage at home, there are a few considerations regarding its expected life cycle and electricity consumption. Here are some best practices:

1. Power Consumption: The Kemper Stage, like most electronic devices, consumes electricity when powered on. While it may not consume a significant amount compared to some other household appliances, leaving it on continuously can still result in some energy usage over time. If you're concerned about electricity consumption, it's generally recommended to turn off the Kemper Stage when you're not actively using it. This will help conserve energy and reduce your overall power usage.
    2. Durability: The Kemper Stage is designed to be a robust and reliable piece of hardware. However, like any electronic device, it can benefit from occasional rest and downtime. Continuous operation for extended periods without breaks may put additional stress on the internal components, potentially impacting their longevity. Turning off the Kemper Stage when not in use can help mitigate this stress and contribute to a longer lifespan for the hardware.
    3. Computer Connection: When using the Kemper Stage connected to your computer via USB, it's worth noting that keeping the Kemper Stage powered on while connected won't necessarily have a significant impact on its durability. However, if you're not actively using the Kemper Stage or recording guitar, you can still choose to turn it off to save power.

In summary, while leaving the Kemper Stage on for extended periods may not have a substantial impact on its durability, it's generally recommended to turn it off when not in use to conserve energy and allow for occasional rest periods. This practice can contribute to a longer lifespan for the hardware and help reduce electricity consumption.

Thanks, I already picked up a used 4x12 cabinet on Sunday and will see how it goes. I had the same one before so I'm confident that it'll suit me as well with my Kemper as it did with a real amp. I'm guessing that the sound which I'm hearing through my AKG headphones should be pretty close to what the engineer will be working with.

Thanks for the information :) Since we'll be spending 98% of the time in the rehearsal room, I'm more concerned with the monitor sound than the FOH sound which (to my understanding) mostly is in the hands of the engineer anyway. We have a show coming up in march though and I'm curious to find out how it will go!

Welcome to the forum and to the Kemper world TheTrendkiller - hope you'll enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do... :thumbup:8)

Just to add to all the great comments above: Tweak your sounds at rehearsal/live gigging volume to be on the safe side. You can easily google "Fletcher/Munson effect" for great explanations why you perceive your sounds at home at low volume different from the level you use in the rehearsal room.

Thanks! 8) Yes, I definitely need to get my hands on an iPad so I can conveniently tweak sounds in the rehearsal room.

Ok so I tried again today and it went a lot better than last time. I didn't get any strong feedback noise and it sounded alright. However, that FRFR cab is still not convincing me. I tried the ENGL cab and it just sounds so much more massive in comparison. This let me to believe that I'm better off with a regular 4x12 with celestion vintage 30s. So I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. Maybe I'll just use the FRFR at home although it's a bit oversized for that use :)

Thanks a lot for your responses so far, these were already very helpful! :)

I realized the sound that I created at home might not be suitable for the rehearsal situation. While it does sound great on lower volume, i'm guessing I simply used too much gain, e.g. I put a screamer infront of the rectifier and had weird EQ settings where the rig and the box were clashing. Since my AKG's show the "true" color of the rig, maybe that's why I was so shocked how bad the old rig actually was.

So now I created a new rig by using my headphones as reference with much less gain and a different EQ (cut the mix, as suggested). So hopefully this will already get rid of some of my troubles from before. I also ordered a small power-amp so I can test my rig on the ENGL 4x12 box and if I prefer this setup, I might use the FRFR at home and buy a passive 4x12 to go with the power-amp.

I'll also raise the cabinet from the floor and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Kemper Stage Profiler so I am new to the Kemper world. So far I am loving the rigs and sounds on low volume that I have on my board, however I am experiencing some trouble while trying to play together with my band. I bought a 2x12 Harley Benton G212A-FR Active Cabinet because it seemed very convenient for rehearsals and as live backup (I planned to go directly in the PA with my Kemper at live shows) so I wanted to try it out.

I recently joined a Modern Metal band (Vocals, Bass, 2x Guitars, Drums) and a high gain tone is important to me. The issue I am having now is that I have trouble adjusting the sound and volume settings of both the Kemper and the Cabinet. I attached a photo of our reharsal room situation.

• I have trouble cutting through the mix of my band, meaning I don't hear myself very clearly and the others also don't hear my guitar (no in-ear-monitoring)
    • My setup starts to return high pitched feedback on higher volumes and I'm not sure how to tackle that. I have already added a noise gate in my rig settings but it seems it's not enough. I am using active EMG pickups on an Ibanez 7 String. My rig is a Mesa Rectifier simulation.
    • Is it normal that my rig sound on the headphones (AKG702) is very different from my sound on the actual Cabinet? I expected it would be similar but when put on the headphones I have to reduce the presence and treble by a lot.

Now I'm kind of confused if I made any mistakes. Maybe the 2x12 FRFR is not the optimal choice and I would be better off going with a 4x12 and a poweramp or if there is any advice someone can give me on how to adjust my settings? I know my thread is a bit vague but I can get some input where to start.

Thanks for reading!