Posts by SynterX

I'm going to suggest the band buy a good quality APS backup/protector for our giant monitor rack, and I'll maybe get a smaller one just for my rig. That's an excellent idea actually. I have them on all my work computers. They do not cost much, even pretty hefty ones, maybe a few hundred bucks, and man I'd feel better plugging in.

And those bass photos/memes are classic.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm actually the bass player and don't ever smile. LOL. That was our first gig actually...and aside from the singer, none of us had gigged in 6-8 years. So we were not sure what exactly to do up there!

The guitar player is a dedicated Fractal guy, so I bought an FM3 myself...which led me directly to Kemper and now I have two of them. Saturday will be my first live show with a kemper. As soon as I get plugged in, I'm turning that chicken knob and seeing if I can get all my other stuff plugged in and setup by the time the kemper is ready...like a built-in setup timer. I bet I can do it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers !o

that's funny, my band just put up a cover of that song a few days ago. I'm using my new kemper in a few days with the band, can't wait to give it a shot. Sorry to interupt...Rockhouse doing I Want It All

It's one of my favorite Queen songs...

I'm going to just turn it on as soon as I get plugged in and the minute that it takes will be meaningless. But the look when all the LED lights and buttons come on will be awesome LOL.

I have a 3 button footswitch from TC/Digitech amps...still using just a single TRS cable, but I have to assume that is no good with the Kemper. I didn't try it. But the 4 button switch I've seen out of Poland uses 2 TRS cables, so I'm guessing it's 1 or 2 buttons max for each TRS cable.

I really want the matching Kemper 2 button, but can't find one in the US it seems. I like things that match LOL.

I have the Remote. But if I plug a one button switch in, and have a Performance slot with a Chorus assigned, how would I set it up so that chorus turns on and off with a click? On the Remote it’s easy, I just hold the button on the profiler and tap the footswitch. Does that work the same way with a 1 button?

I want the option to leave the remote home. I can switch slots between songs, but I need to turn the Chorus on and off during a song.

Thoughts?

Cant say I understand why the US office in Colorado and Chicago folks don’t get the 12 hour option done for us all. We don’t need the am or pm, just the Time. It’s unusable for me as it sits now. I quickly realized how great it would be to not have to pull my phone out to check times on stage. Great idea to put it on the unit. But alas, I need to see 8:05 not 20:05.

Must be a running inside joke now too leave it the way it is. :)

I'll answer myself. I bought the pack.

And all I can say is I'm done searching for rig packs and rigs.

Wow. Steve Cook's Noble rig profiles are amazing for me. It really feels meatier and fatter than any other rig I've tried. If this is even close to a real Noble, I'm sold.

With zero bass added on any eq, the thing is so warm and fat sounding, I might actually turn it down. Whereas all other rigs I've tried I've had to bump the bass EQ up 3-5 dots on the light ring.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. For bass players, maybe not metal heads, but everyone else, Steve Cook's pack for $30 is the best money I've spent in years. I like them that much.

Thank you. I read the entire manual cover to cover, all of them, but still don't "get" the morph functionality. But it sounds like that's exactly what I nee after all. Hold down to get the octave, let go to get my original rig/slot back.

I'll go bone up on the morph thing. Or have the Kemper people at the showroom show me Thursday. I'm lucky enough to live about 40 minutes from the Chicago showroom and signed up for a 1-hour free help session.

Can I assume with no other replies that they never implemented a 12 hour clock option?

I'm new to Kemper and do not want to learn how to tell time all over again LOL.

Here's what I want ideally:

1. A simple lower octave (or I could do a higher too) effect for just a chorus of a song.

2. I want to be able to hit the same button on the Remote that the song's patch uses, like a Hold button to get Octaver, let go to go back to existing patch.

3. I'm using Performance mode here. I could just make another patch, so slot 3 is the song, slot 4 is the effect, then swap. But I'd like to make it even easier?

4. I could even use an expression pedal I guess, or assign it to something, but the idea of just stomping and keeping my foot held down, then release is ideal.

Thoughts? I have an appointment with the Kemper showroom in a few days, so I could ask them I suppose. But I am in a hurry LOL.

Could you just use the headphone output with a simple 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter? I just bought a Lightning to 1/8" headphone cable, and it does work for me that way. Since the headphone output has it's own level setting, I was able to adjust how much signal came out. Was great, and easy with one cable. Did you want mono though?

I have to admit when I first turned on my KPA, and it took a minute, I was a bit surprised, but quickly got used to it. It's not like I need to turn it on and off constantly and waiting is a workflow killer. I did a factory reset just in case, as I bought it used, and put only the factory profiles on. Still the same start up time.

If it's any consolation, my Fractal FM3 takes 30 seconds, and my Kemper takes 58 seconds. So twice as long, but both are longer than my regular boring old bass amps, which are about 5 seconds to noise making.

Must have a lot of data to load and organize upon startup.

Did a search for "USB Power" and "power things with USB Port" and didn't find anything. So don't yell at me for asking this please (LOL).

I tried it, and I can power both my Boss wireless system and my Shure battery charger through this port. It worked great.

But I also recall somewhere on these forums that is is not recommended and not to do it at all.

I just want to be sure one way or the other, as it would be really nice to be able to just bring one USB-mini cable and keep the wireless charged up directly.