Posts by SynterX

i read the manual 5 times straight. I watched 5 videos on youtube.

All I want to do is add a Chorus, the Air Chorus specifically, to Remote button one performance.

I want to have no chorus for regular playing, and when I hit the button again, the Chorus effect is turned on.

That's it.

Now what?

Here's what I am doing:

1. click on button 1 of the Remote. Lower LED is lit. I want NO chorus for this mode when done.

2. Turn on the Mod FX set to Air Chorus

3. Look for a Mix command, but there is none. There's only Depth, Crossover, Volume

4. Then click on button 1 again to go into Morph mode.

5. But since there's no Mix, I can do nothing. I get Chorus on both modes, regular, and morph

Volume does not behave at all like I hoped. It literally makes everything louder, it does not MIX the wet/dry level.

So is that it? No morphing of a simple chorus on and off?

I have an easy solution for the bass eq. Add a soft button checkbox that says “map studio eq gain knobs to Stack EQ”

a bit too many words, but you get the idea. That’s all I’d need. Just the gain knobs become the studio eq gains. So you set the Q and freq. for Bass, Mid 1, mid 2, and Treble in the Studio Eq section, check the box, and now the 4 knobs will take over those Gain controls. A perfect, killer solution even for guitarists who want quick access to eq they choose.

Honestly it’s the one thing I don’t understand with the Kemper. Those 4 eq knobs aren’t adjustable at all really. It’s all digital, and the main benefit to that is adjusting the EQ beyond just gain at a preset fixed frequency that isn’t even shown at all.

A selection of really good compressors for bass would be cool. I love the TC SpectraComp multiband circuit. Set and forget just for bass. And I’m finding it difficult to get a great chorus for my bass.

I’d be happy with just being able to change the main eq knobs to reflect actual bass frequencies. For a bass, the Mid knob is actually the treble knob, and the treble and prescience freqs are useless. So an overall Bass mode with proper eq, and more bass stuff would make the kemper a real useful tool.

One of the main reasons I try to get two of everything is exactly for scenarios like this. I have a toaster, and a rack. Having one of something has always caused me issues when a hardware problem arises. I have 4 identical basses for example. I know good gear isn't cheap, so I buy used, and don't go crazy. But having two of something that's important, a computer, a Kemper, anything, is just better with a backup. If you had another Kemper, even a different format than what you have, you'd know for sure if it was a hardware issue.

I've read through this whole thread, and correct if me I'm wrong, but the OP still hasn't compared his to another unit, right? A friends, a stores, etc? That sure seems like the FIRST thing I'd do before spending another second or dollar on troubleshooting.

Here's my update on my quest to find a better remote cable. In the one pic, I laid flat each cable, OEM that comes with Remote, British Audio's upgraded cable, and per the recommendation on this forum, the Elite Core from Amazon. I was not thrilled with the British Audio cable, it was not cheap, and while clearly thicker and probably sturdier than the OEM, didn't coil round, or lay flat. It was kind of just a thicker version of the original. So I took one more chance on the Elite Core, again not cheap, I think around $40 for a 25' cable. But bam, I could tell the second I pulled it out of the bag this is the one. It does feel like a thick mic or guitar cable and will lie very flat and straight...and of course, it is easy to coil up in a circle just like a mic cable. So these Elite Core's are a winner in my opinion. I hunted down the Neutrik coupler so I can daisy chain two together if ever needed. I just bring both cables, and the coupler, and I'm good up to 50'. So Elite Core for the win. I might buy a short 10' as well for home use. Thank you to whoever suggested that model cable.

Click the pics to see the full image, thanks.

My POE, the TP Link cheapo, works with all cable lengths just fine. I'm sure it is fine. I have a 3rd cable coming tomorrow, so I have the original cable that comes with the Remote, an upgraded British Audio cable, and a third from Amazon that looks really, really flexible and truly like a mic cable. I will do a comparison when I have all 3. My main issue with cables that don't lay perfectly flat is I have to tape the crap out of them so no one trips on them. A mic cable, not so much tape and hassle. That's my main issue.

I got the recommended one by Kemper: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001…dt_b_product_details&th=1

Then I bought a super short 6" cable to connect it to the Kemper. It sticks pointing out the back of my 4 space rack so I can just plug the cable in. Do I plan on going beyond the 20' length? Probably not, but I thought it would make sense to just install it anyway just in case I want to, it's already there. It's amazingly cheap too, considering everything seems to cost 5X what it's seemingly worth. It works perfect so far.

Has anyone tried various ethercon cables to see if any have got it right? The problem I see with amazon searching is they all seem to have the ethercon ends on both ends of the cable, where we'd need one regular end and one ethercon. An adapter could of course be used. Or a custom hack. But certainly someone makes a true XLR-like cable out there? Maybe not. With so many conductors in the cable compared to the 3 in an XLR, it probably keeps them from being super flexible. And if they did manage to do it, the thing is probably as thick as a good power cable.

I just bought a 20' British Audio cable, claimed to be much higher quality and coils and lays like a mic cable. I also bought a Neutrik ethercon coupler so I can combine both OEM cable and this new cable together if needed. I installed a $20 POE behind my Rack so I can push long cable lengths easily (and save wear and tear on the network jack on the Kemper).

It wasn't particularly cheap. And honestly, it does not lay like a typical XLR cable. It's thicker than the regular cable. But it still has "memory" and does not coil up like a guitar or xlr cable at all. So in that respect, not thrilled. I really want a long cable that lays flat on the ground just like a mic cable.

My goal was to try the 20' (or maybe I bought the 25', they have both) and then if nice, I'd spring for a longer cable. But for now, unless someone tells me about a real coilable ethercon cable, I'm sticking with OEM.

I did not want to have both a pedalboard and an amp. We are in ears, but still use cabs/amps on stage for some fill in the room. One ethernet cable to the floorboard, which I often don't need, vs. a floorboard with xlr, power, wireless inputs and cables back to an amp and all that...just not what I wanted.

I might have to bring the toaster to the first few gigs and practices and get it all set. Unlike a traditional bass amp, with knobs that have little markers for position, or my TC Electronic amps that have lighted rings, the default Kemper Rack LCD literally shows no EQ settings at all unless I hit at least one button, or turn a knob first to see what it's at.

In a perfect world, the LCD on the rack would show always, the type of knob, and it's setting value. Large enough to see without too much trouble.

I get it with the rack, 99% of systems I've seen using a Rack all have them off stage, behind things, and they don't worry about it.

But I'm using the Rack like a regular amp. I want to see my settings in real time for adjustments, and it's just one step away from being able to do that for me.

I very well might end up just using the Toaster and moving the rack down the road to someone else. But it's awfully convienent having it rack mounted in a 4 space rack, wireless guitar, iem, all cables already attached, not even that heavy either. Plus, 600w amp ready to go.

Because I just got it. I am trying to dial in the eq while playing with a live band. Sitting home dialing in eq does me no good. So for a few shows I need to be able to fix eq to sound better live. On top of that, I use three or four different patches that each have a unique tone. And those each need adjustments until I get them all set. Then yes, I won’t have to touch them much.

With the light rings I can just look back and see where I’m at on each knob. With rack, I see nothing at all. And when trying to adjust during a song, only have a few beats sometimes, having to first turn a knob, read the tiny number, turn it, takes too long.

That’s why I want to see at least the values all the time.

Is there a way? I tried my Rack tonight after using the toaster for a few weeks. I didn’t think I’d miss the light rings around the eq soft knobs, but I really do. I can’t see at all what my eq is. I have to turn one, then wait a second to see the number, then try to put it back where it was. Awkward for sure. Is there a hack to show the value right next to the Bass, Treble, etc. text in the lcd?

I might have to sell the rack and use the toaster live after all.

I can assume no way to see those values?