Posts by MontroseStudios

I found them - Thanks!!!!

Pat Metheny is a long time Kemper user. I believe his rig is based on powered racks.

However, he said this about his sound on his own website:

my highlights for the bit that really makes the difference.

Thank you for the reply. I did indeed read that comment. When I am at home I play on my 6 yr old's 3/4 size nylon string guitar and in some ways (for slower, more melodic things) I enjoy the sound and experience of playing just as much. However, on the ES 175 I can get around a little more efficiently, but I just don't like the sound coming from the speakers. Too bright and glassy, and I have the tone knob turned all the way down on the guitar.

As far as looking at the manual, I have done that, but when trying to get a very specific sound, or at least something in the ballpark, that is an entirely different matter. I posted here thinking maybe someone has already dialed in a similar tone to what I generally described to get me in the right zip code instead of staring at a global map.

I do have a question for you ... when Pat says " 2 lexicon prime-time digital delay lines " do you read that as one unit sending l/r signals, or so you see it as 2 units, one dedicated for the right, and the other the left?

Also, that quote is pretty old. Do you know if Pat uses the lexicons anymore? Or is he getting everything from within the Kemper? Or is there some sort of daisy chain still including the DigiTech/Lexicon and Kemper?

Also, if you know, but, what would come first in a DigiTech/Lexicon combo - the lexicon or the DigiTech?

And if I use the Kemper and want to use the lexicon as well, what should first in line, the Kemper or the lexicon?

I have a fair amount of gear, incl a Kemper and I am stuck on how to get that warm, full, fluid tone out of my ES 175. I've got 4 JBL cabs, 2x12/1x15 left, 4x12/1x15 on the right.

I am using 1 Lexicon Prime Time II 95, and a DigiTech GSP2101 but it'll take forever to figure out how to get the right tone. Not even sure if I need 2 Lexicons for left and right.

I am using 2 QSC PLX solid state amps.

I am not using the Kemper because it is so quiet, not a very powerful amp, and I don't even know where to start how to use it.

I had this idea I could mic l/r external speakers playing only solo guitar playing from my favorite players and somehow can use Kemper to analyze what it is hearing and then translate that into a profile with specific settings to give me a head start.