Posts by BillyNoSocks

Some of those little molded inline switches use extremely thin wire and might cause enough voltage drop to be a problem. I just went through this while setting up a RaspberryPi based computer. With the power supply (USB) plugged directly in it worked fine. With the switch (looks very similar to the one in the photo) in line it crashes repeatedly. Digital devices can be intolerant of marginal power.

The cheaper ones I first tried had this problem along with numerous others. The current ones are just perfect.

no power switch = one less point of failure.

I dont own the player so can anyone tell me, does it have to be properly shut-down, like the rack?

I see what you mean but, you could also argue that no power switch puts significantly more wear & tear on the power jack itself. I mean, there isn't even one of those little cord holder brackets so you can't accidentally pull the power out or heaven forbid it being mistakenly torn out in a bad way.. There is no way to shut it down other than pulling the mains. That's the official protocol but to be honest, it's a little unsettling. :/

But either way, I said it was no problem. ;)

Having the switch isn't only more convenient for me, it also gives me a little peace of mind. I grew up my whole life being told not to plug and unplug things that are in an "always on" state. Also don't plug & unplug speakers if the amp is on, etc. If there were engineered steps to make sure that the power module part of the board won't ever short or or arc or do anything else wacky when current is suddenly supplied or cut, Kemper sure didn't mention it in any documentation. I realize we aren't dealing with scary voltages or anything but having the add-on switch just makes me feel much better. :)

Beyond my Headrush FRFR-12 and a Marshall AS50, I purged all heavy speakers/amps years ago. For whatever reason, after I got the Kemper Profiler Player I felt a small itch for a smaller traditional cab. It so happened that I saw a pair of Woodson 2x12s at Goodwill. I was instantly struck by their slick vintage style. Very little info about the short-lived-Kustom-owned-company but I read there might be a chance of having some nice alnico Eminence speakers inside. For $80 shipped across the the country, I thought, what the hell.

Cracked them open and they're just 1975 CTS ceramics. Oh well. But wait, how was I gonna test them? After almost convincing my gullible-self to buy a power amp online, I suddenly remembered I had a mint Crate Power Block in the basement. I had gotten it years back basically as a bonus when buying some pedals from a local guy. Never even plugged it in before. I just hooked everything and brought the oddball rig to life. No tweaks on the Kemper end. WOW. Loud and quite good sounding! I was expecting the bass-end to be really underwhelming to say the least but I dimmed the knob and I was pushing some serious air. I thought the sound would be more muddy than anything. Wrong again! This amp is truly the one and only Crate product I've actually ever been impressed with. Total gem.

Probably one of the weirdest setups I've ever had (and I've had some interesting ones) but man it is so cool that it all works together so well. It's time to get out all the old & not-so-common pedals I had put away too long ago. I'll be sure to share them next time with pictures too! ;)

it might fit in a guitar case you already have/use.
    I used to carry a Hot Rod distortion pedal (it has a speaker sim output) in one of my cases as a last resort backup (never needed it).

it definitely will fit in any Fender moulded case. The compartment is huge

I'm talking specifically a case for it by itself.😉

I would start my search on Amazon by searching for an "organizer bag" and go from there by checking the different dimensions.

Way ahead of you. This is where I came AFTER such searches. But more extensive searching pointed me to a Zoom SCU-20. It's the closest I've found yet with egg carton style foam inside. Everything else in the same price range would have the Player swimming inside so I'd have to crudely add foam anyway. I'll report back on the fit and quality for the $20 it cost :) .

I'm curious as to what dangers you have at home to worry about the Player getting harm

Actually, most of the time, I need it to be protected from ME. 😅

In no way do I doubt the ruggedness of the unit. I'm trying to be proactive after noticing a bad trend of how many computer keyboards I've gone through in the last two years. I currently do all of my playing in my living room because my music/work room has been in such disarray while I've been fighting cancer. It has been in a process of rearrangement for a really long time.

In the living room, I don't have a whole lot of options to keep music gear and normal life stuff separated. I want to keep it safe from dust, liquids, and blunt forces as much as possible. Also of course, it will be great to have a decent case to actually be mobile with it too.

Thanks for the link! I'm shooting for a slightly less hard case but if I go that route, I can just 3D print one.😊

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a case that will fit the P-Player well? I'd like an inexpensive shell-type for just at home protection mainly. I've been searching pretty intensely through cases meant to house a number of different things but I can only seem to find internal dimensions that are either just slightly too small or way too big. I'm sure Kemper will jump on offering their own, but in the mean time, I'm wondering if anyone's had luck yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there!
    I have been using a GT-1000 basically since it came out. Kemper has always been on my radar of course but I was always afraid to buy anything because of the higher pricing and features I just don't need. I also always feared that the day I bought one, a newer one would come out. Well, this almost happened recently! The P-Player is exactly what I have wanted all around for what feels like forever. From tone to, features, form-factor, community, and support etc. I'm absolutely satisfied and I'm so happy to be apart of this community!

I really enjoyed my time with the GT-1000 but it's too damn big, it's too damn bright, I never use a quarter of the features, the interface is a pain and though it can make some wonderful sounds, it doesn't sound as good as this P-Player does! Fresh out the box I was getting stuck playing on all of the stock tones. I was quickly convinced that it is a keeper!

About Me: I'm 40 years with a beautiful wife and a lazy beagle. Currently winning a battle against Testicular Cancer since July of '21. I am a metal-head at heart but I never cared for the scene at all. I fell off of almost all Western music in 2016. I was captivated by Japanese artist and I have never been able to recover! My mentor/idol since that time has bee Takayoshi Ohmura. Over the years I was fortunate enough to interact with him a lot and when the whole cancer thing started, he showed unbelievable kindness & support in many ways but most shockingly to me, by donating $10k to my GoFundMe. After recovering from the surgeries and Chemo, I decided to finally go to Japan just in case I wasn't going to last much longer. I landed in Japan and sent Mr. Ohmura a message. He welcomed me and then asked when I was free to meet. What followed was the greatest week of my life. Capped-off by being able to meet my mentor, hang out with him and his band's singer, and even jam with him using his guitars. I am forever grateful and in debt to his generosity. I'm also grateful to still be here and the fact that nothing affected my guitar playing long-term. I just went through what I hope is the final surgery of my battle. Here's hoping that I am 100% cured! See you!

Alias: BillyNoSocks
    Playing Years: Approx. 28
    Main Guitars: ESP Japan Takayoshi Ohmura Signature Snapper 6 & 7 string models in Twinkle Pink.
    Main Ear Candy: Mostly all Japanese Metal band these days. Came up on Metallica, Pantera and the like.