Posts by Ben Decho

The website is registered with and hosted by GoDaddy. I could trace it to San Francisco.
    The webpage was created by Hub Tech Solutions who are located in Hattiesburg Mississippi.

Apparently the owner records music under the name Parallax 58.

You should try lugging the TSL122. 2x 12 celestion speakers, all the amp chassis and cab wood in one Monster heavy package.

😁

Yeah, my days of stacks and half stacks are behind me! I have 4X12 cabs, 2X12 and even 1X12. Marshall, HiWatt and Hughes & Kettner heads. My rack of ADA MP-1's and rack effects will now gather dust. lol

The Profiler is making my life easier, and less strain on the back.

I put a Performance together with the 4 rigs of the DSL-40CR, and on channel 5 I have a JCM-800 for a real dreamy solo channel.

I realized this morning that I never uploaded my DSL40 profiles to Rig Exchange. I don't know if you guys will like them, but I really love them, and I've used them on just about everything I've recorded for the last 2 years or so.

Hey Thanks!

I have this Marshall amp. Got from Sweetwater, it was an exclusive they sold.

You saved me having to profile my amp, and your profiles sound exactly like the amp! And again, no lugging this heavy 1X12 combo out of the house. Amazing what it weighs....

It seems the public downloads are just rigs. It would be great to be able to download entire performances.

That's what I'm searching for now. As a new owner of the Kemper Stage unit, I find sounds l like, but when I add them in a performance, the sound is all over the place.

It would be nice to find a Performance that ranges from clean to lead and the output volume balanced on all 5 rigs.

My problem seems to be I love a rig one day and the next I'm wondering why I even downloaded it. An entire collection in one performance seems like an easy solution.

Have you seen or tried the free Bert Meulendijk Rig Pack?

Also his commercial packs are definitely worth the money and should do it live.

I can't agree more. As a really new user, only having my Kemper Stage for a couple weeks, I followed everyone into the MBritt, Top Jimi, TAF, etc.

What connects for me is Bert's profiles. It matches my playing style so well. Just the tone, the attack, and use of effects inspires me to play more, and more often.

I made a performance out of 5 of Bert's profiles from 2 cleans, a crunch and 2 lead sounds. I was so happy to finally get something I can perform with I named it "Bert's B#" (as in Be Sharp!).

I know that for me, the tone comes from my hand and heart. Even as good as the profiles are from the above mentioned, not everyone can connect with a profile based on a ton of users reviews.

I'm after a profile for the Bryan Adam's track "Run To You"

I've got something similar using compressor, Delay and Reverb but it's not quite there.

I realise I'll never get the exact sound as I have humbucker guitars and I think that was played on a SSS Strat.

Search on the Rig Exchange for "Rockman Clean" there is a rig called "Rockman Clean 2" by Don Barzini. This will give you a close sound. Nice cleaan with a spacey reverb.

You can also use the Morgan AC20 rig. It cleans up nice, when you roll your volume back, and just turn your volume to 10 for the distortion parts of the song.

Unless you're in a Bryan Adams tribute band, these two options work. I have used them playing this song.

Also you mention you have humbucker guitars. Most pickups these days allow you to drop one coil and then you have the single coil sound. You can put a micro switch on your guitar body, and if you don't want to drill a hole for the switch, look into a push/pull pot. My one PRS has that, and it is hard to tell you're not playing a Strat.

I'd like to think if Randy Rhodes was still amongst us, he'd have a couple Kemper Profilers, and would download these rigs for them.

Thanks! These are nice.

MBritt's profiles are amazing for live use. I use them exclusively with my band live. His Colonial pack (http://www.mbrittprofiles.com/colonial-pack/) is my absolute favorite for my classic rock band.

Hi, I'm hoping I can still post in this thread. I just got my Kemper Stage a few days ago, and based on your recommendation, I bought my first retail pack of rigs, the Colonial Pack.

I listened to the sound samples on Michael Britt's page, and they do sound like what I wanted.

I've listened to so many rigs in the past few days, they all start running together. Even clicking one by one on the Colonial Pack rigs, I could tell subtle changes, sometimes volume, sometimes an effect.

Are you running a different rig in each of the 5 footswitches, and if so, would you share with me what you have assigned to each? I think that would give me a starting point of developing performances and I can just enjoy playing for a few hours. This learning curve is brutal. So many posts, so many YouTube videos.

Thanks,

I'm not sure how trying a couple rigs that came with my unit is venturing too far out. I also don't see anything in the manual that says a rig will change the output on its own while you're playing.

As I said, I was playing, both hands on the guitar. The sound changed to only a wet signal.

These suggestions don't really apply, but ChristanBad had a solution, so if it happens again, I know where to check. I had no idea that the output can change on its own, which is scary if I had this happen on a gig.

Thank God for ChristianBad!!!

That worked! But....

As I said, I had just picked a rig and was jamming along, and then this happened. Is it something that a rig can cause the output to change? I mean, is there rigs that would change the output to maybe go to a different power amp or something??

It was weird, because since I posted, I did think to unplug the power cable, as I saw the power button illuminated. Still did nothing. Then I plugged a TS cable into the 1/4" jack on "Send" on the back of the unit. I then had a totally dry signal, no effects at all. I could see the light showing I had plenty of input signal. I'm usually good at troubleshooting, and I thought I had checked the obvious.

If I had a rig with a LOT of reverb and delay, you could hit a chord, and nothing then the wet signal snuck in. I'm like "great, I've owned this 2 hours, and messed up already...."

Thank you! As I said, I'm total n00b to Kemper, and have been thoroughly enjoying it so far.

I'm on Windows 11. I looked under the "K" for Kemper, nothing, but I do have "Rig Manager" listed and if you click the 3 dots to the right ( . . . ) you can choose to modify or uninstall there. At least on my computer you can.

First, I just got my Kemper Profiler Stage a couple hours ago. I installed Rig Manager, ran all updates.

Everything was working great. As what most people would do, I was going through all the different rigs and having fun.

All the sudden, while playing, all I can hear is just like I'm listening to the effects wet signal for each rig. I cannot really hear the amp. Even on highly distorted settings.

I turned it off and left off for awhile, rebooted the unit, but still the same problem. Even cranking the master volume is not making my channel inputs go red.

I have used 2 different input boxes, same results. If I plug headphones into the Kemper, the sound is fine.

I also have tried using XLR and TS connections with the exact same results. I have used brand new cables, both XLR and TS.

Anything I have missed troubleshooting? Again, it happened while playing, so I didn't click something or press a button. Both hands were on the guitar.

Thanks!