Posts by Bluesman

Have you tried with the ground lifts on the back?

Edit: what kind of noise?

Ground lift doesn't help.

The noise is typical single coil humming, but more than it should be. In germany I don't have this problem. So far I learned that too many grounds can cause a problem like this. Now I have to find out if I have grounded outlets att all. I will buy a ground fault tester and check all the outlets. That's an investion I should do anyway, because it can save my life here in Thailand. Than I will try to disconnect everything and try only the KPA with headphones. My guitar is grounded, the cables are good. Hopefully I can get rid of the noise.

Hi,
    I am ready to record a record with my KPA but I can't start due to massive noise problems. Here is my setup:

guitar (single coil) > KPA input > main outs > Line 6 UX-2 line inputs > USB > Notebook > UX-2 analg outs > active monitors

The noise is getting louder when I touch the pol pieces of the pickup. It gets lower when touching the strings tight. But it is still there.

Any suggestion what I can do? Thanks for your help.

Oh - I forgot to say. I am located in Thailand. (Belkin Power Surge Protector in use)

I use both at the same time. 2 Alto SXM112a in front of me and a Matrix GT800FX into 2 EV12L in the back of me. Both worlds. Never had a better sound before even though the Altos are budget speaker.

"Btw. The Two Rock is a "Matt Schofield Signature" and not Paul Schofield
    as stated on your site!! But as I love Matt Schofield and especially
    his guitar sound that's even so much better!! ;) "

I hoped that it was a typing error. I realy love Matts sound and playing. Now only the John Mayer and Eric Gales Signature Two Rock is missing in my collection.

If anybody can use the sound of his adored guitar god, only playing skills making the difference. This could be very disappointing for some people. No excuses anymore. But I also would be interested in more "high end profiles". It is hard to pick the right ones out of the rig exchange, though there are some freaking good ones. Fortunatily it is also a matter of taste. I will reduce my rig collection to a handfull of profiles. That's what I would do with real amps too. I am not a collector. I am a user.

I can't hold me back to add this: I am so satisfied with the KPA, you can't believe. It is the best piece of equipment I ever bought. The change to FRFR also was a good decision, even though I am still using cheap budget monitors (Alto). But mixed with my EV Thiele cabs/Matrix GT800fx it beats everything what I owned before. And that was a lot . . .

Is it possible that the snapshot function went somewhere else since the last update? Can't find the button for making a snapshot. :whistling:

In other words:

I am allmost about to complain vehemently to CK that he relieved me from tweaking, testing, changing tubes, modifying, buying no amps . . . He shameless stole my hobby. :evil:

It is simply not neccessary anymore. No time wasting anymore.

Now I have no excuses. I must play right. No more: So sound wasn't right tonight, I couldn't hear myself good. The tone didn't give me the right inspiration . . . It's all over now :(

If the profile does not sound right from the beginning, I just don't use it. I use the amp EQ only like I would do with a real amp. Gain level and different reverb levels will be touched and some effects added. Using another cab does more for me than tweaking EQs.

That's what I like so much about the KPA. I play music instead of tweaking. There are so many "ready to play" sounds available, so that I don't mess with the once which need a lot of tweaking.

Installed the new firmware and got a problem with my display. During the update process the display showed stripes and on the right half of the screen the contrast was faded to a light grey. I adjusted the settings. I helped a bit, but it is still looking malfunctioning..

I do it the other way arround. I Use FRFR with two cheap Alto monitors in front of me, great sound though. And to add a bit more "amp in the room" feeling, I use one or two Thiele cabs EV12Ls, driven by a Matrix GT800FX in the back of me.

The best sound ever!!!!! No complains. I sold all other stuff which I used before and I don't regret. I strongly recommend to be daring and forget the old times. A new era begun. Another way of thinking and hearing is demanded.

I am having great results by using fuzz pedals (within KPA) making the tone more real. At the moment I really like one of the Silver Jubilees from rig exchange. The thing is, that the amp sounds a bit too "creamy". With higher distortion levels the sounds are getting to lifeless because there are no edges anymore. That's with almost all gainy sounds. To add some dirt and grit I use a fuzz pedal with gain at zero and volume arround 0,5 to 1,5. The tone setting depends on what amp I play.

Great results!! Roll off the volume and you get a well distorted sound full of life. I am still surprised every other day what you can do with the KPA. This thing is a revolution and I knew it when heard about it right away. The good part is: Step by step it is getting even better and more functions are added. So my G.A.S gets treated for free in short intervals.