Posts by Bluesman

But it should be also on the KPA. I am really uncomplaining, but it is about time for a more comfortable way to manage the profiles on the KPA. It cannot be so difficult to solve this. If I could at least put them into folders or just mark them in order to blend them in and out. Whatever. I don't need an editor, but just more possibilities to arrange my profiles. :wacko:

Wow - what a useful test. The way he aproached his comparison sounds fair and correct to me. The results are somehow expected. I listened to the soundfiles only through my notebooks speaker. This already made the differences very obvious. The real amp does sound more "natural" and came out with more attack and a different (less) way of distortion. Though the last exampel sounded most equal to me.

Does this mean the KPA is not good? By far - no!!!! The typical character of every amp was reproduced quite good. Then - Peter don't know the particular nature of the KPA with it's odd behavior her and there, what we are about to discover. For my taste the KPA tends to give more gain or distortion in the profiles, unless you compensate this fact. And if you work towards the sound you want to copy with the built in parameters, you will get even better results, I think.

Last but not least you have to ask yourself: Do I really want to reproduce a certain amp a 100% or am I satisfied with the result of having created a profile which sounds and reacts real close to a real tube amp? For me that's the real goal. I don't know exactly how a real TwoRocks sounds (only from records), but it is nice to have a good profile (And44) of such an amp which comes real close to the real deal.

And I don't want to forget, that there is a lot of space for future improvements of the KPA. With every new firmware we get a free present. We are at 1.1.0 Let's do the test again when we reached 9.9.0. While our tubeamps burning down the tubes and leaking the caps, our KPA gets better and better!! :thumbup:

Hi everybody,

I am selling all my "original" equipment. But before I had to make some profiles. Uploaded already.

Petersburg P-100

This is the best amp I ever owned. It's like a russian tank. All the components are heavy duty. Designed by a german and built in Russia. Check out Led Zeppelins last London gig and you will see two of them on stage used by Jimmy Page.

It's still on ebay.de for the ones who are looking for a real gem. (beside the KPA) :)

Hi Mitch,

the Hafler Pro 1200 is just 170 Watt in bridged mode. Does it give you the right punch you need on stage? I am very interested in your opinion, because you are using the KPA in professional relation. I use a Matrix GT800FX with a pair of 1x12 806 Thiele Cabs loaded with EV12L speaker. I am satisfied, let's say 80 percent. In lower to mid loudness levels I really like it. But when it gets louder it sounds a bit stiff, solid state like. I know that I have to adjust the highs and lows when increasing the level (Fletcher-Monsun-Curve). Still I am chasing after the missing 20 percent, soundwise.

Though - I am an old school tube amp user - I changed a 100% to "artificial" tubes. I sold all my other gear and I am going the new way without compromises. Since the KPA came out, I am convinced, that there is a new time for guitar amplification. Only thing what is demanded - is a new way of understanding and thinking about the whole subject.

I recently did a tour with my new equipment. I did not miss my Marshall!!

Is there anybody who compared the new Matrix GT1000FX vs. GT800FX. It is supposed to be a step further, I heared.

How come that you get different sounds with different speaker profiles even though the cab sims a set to off? Ifcab sims are off, I would expect no difference.

I am wondering why we would need such a speaker. We all want a real guitar sound on stage. Why would I need a linear speaker to reproduce a non linear speaker? To cover the wide range between the different speaker? Is that the reason? Or because we want better control about the sound on stage and of the PA?

My question: What is the use of FRFR from a guitar players view?

Just uploaded 3 profiles of my JVM with Tonehunter Mod. I adjusted the profile for use with amp/speaker combination. I did'nt check it for recording. No clue how it sounds through a PA-system. It sounds great with my Matrix/EV12L rig. You might have to change the speaker to Tills 1960 006.

JVM crunch channel (orange mode)
    JVM OD1 channel (orange mode)
    JVM OD2 channel (red mode)

Fischer,

Are you using a midi foot controller for preset switching, volume control, and stomp on/off? If so, have you had any 'glitches' with that?

Thanks.

Yes - I use a MidiMate made by Rolls to switch between the rigs and a Roland pedal for Wah Wah. The Roland pedal is a toy and the cable was defect after two gigs. I also have a Yamaha pedal for volume control, but I don't use it, because I can use the KPA just like a normal amp. Little adjustments can be made by handing over and turn the knobs if wanted.

Hi folks,
    at the moment I am on tour with a band in germany. We play blues, blues rock. This is the type of music were you need the so called vintage sounds. We have 2 guitarists in our band. Both played Marshall JVMs before and switched to Kemper. Now on tour, here is what I think about it:

1. My first concern was the stability of the device. It's a computer so by right you can be mistrustful - no issues till now!
    2. Sound on stage - I am using Matrix GT800FX into 2 Thiele Cabs loaded with EV12L - Great!!!!
    3. Sound on PA: We just did 4 gigs - Same happened on all the gigs:
    After sound check the soundmen came to me and asked, what is this? I said: This is somekind of a preamp (to answer with a nice understatement). I replied: Why you are asking, any problems on your side? He: By far - no!! Never had such a clear and powerful sound so quick and easy. I am really impressed.
    Very nice that the soundmen are beginning to love guitarists. The ones who are always to loud and disturbing with their harsh sounds :)

P.S.
    At the moment I just use one rig in different gain combinations. Uwe's JCM 800 with tubescreamer. I also like the Fuchs, Xtasy, Soldano and CAE from Fischer.

They are using Woltlab Burning Board as forum software. I also run different forums with the same software. No problems. I have never seen such a strange behavior of a forum so far. I have to login twice to be logged and I alwayshave to repeat the login procedure regardless if I click the checkbox (keep me logged) or not. Very strange. I have to say, that I don't like the whole internet appearance of Kemper. It's just not working right. As a form of promotion it has a bad impact on the products reputation, because both, the internet site and the KPA is not working like it should be.

That's just my opinion. The KPA is still the best product I ever bought. Great sounding miracle box!

Sometimes when I imported new user profiles I just cannot find it later. Is it because of stupid names the user are giving the profiles? I mean when somebody offers a AFD100 I expect it to find it as AFD100 and not under 12YX or such senseless names. The whole profile organisation is really a nightmare.

It realy starts pi....ing me off. What kind of sh..t is this? Why making it so complicated? No other forum giving so many problems. And I am a member of many. This sucker tells me my browser isn't able? I am using FF 10.0 What is wrong with it?????????

That's also my experiences. I sometimes would like to tweak a bit, but I don't now what for. It's already perfect. I just use the normal EQ parameter most of the time. The KPA is not a tweaker - it's a player!! So there will be different types of musician using the AxeFX rather then the KPA. It's ok for me if someone wants to tweak instead of playing. There are also people tuning their motorbikes the whole day instead of driving it. Why not? But not for me.