Posts by clarkydaz

thats a bit strong. Plus Andy gave away countless profiles for free before TAF

for those complaining about the feel etc i'll say it again, TRY THE LATENCY SWITCH! at the end of the master menu and check SENSE setting. mine was off and so apparently was armins
    To the people comtinually posting the sarcastic comments, you like it, WE GET IT. Lots of people are coming out maintaining something is slightly off, so YOU DONT GET IT
    try the switch and see if what you need comes back

My Kemper sounds different since I upgraded to 1.60.

If the reqson is not the firmware, I'll have to find out what it is, maybe levels, maybe effects, maybe my poweramp.

I'll downgrade to 1.5.4 again and see what is really happening, because the difference is big, not a subtle change....

check your input sense, and also try the latency switch at the end of the master menu
    jumping around firmwares for some reason changes my clean sense, i rarely touch it.also twice going to 1.6 my volume into the DAW would be skyhigh without touching anything

Sorry to change the subject slightly, but all I'd like to know right now is are we staying with how it is right now, or will there be any changes in future firmwares, cos I have a song to record :) And now I don't know weather I should stick to the apparently new and (to me, barely noticeably) changed tone, or will there be an attempt to "fix" it and make it sound like 1.5.4 did, in which case I should use that one?

I know beta is not exactly to be used for recording, but if this is the tone we will stay with, i'll use the 1.6 one. Or if not, i'll use the old 1.5.4 one... so, what to do? should I just wait?

which one do you prefer, if any? you have the choice which version to record with. im in a similar situation laying down a verse with both 1.54 and 1.6 and though not reamped, they have a character when flcking between both tracks during playback

It's obvious for me that if you get back the chime by just loading the 5.4 it has nothing to do with the profiling process but with the rendering.
    I remember clearly that people stated that profiles sound better than the original, i think that we know the reason now. Now the profile does not sound better than the original. That's your issue. This is not an issue for me.
    Of course that's an issue for Armin who should profile again all this amps.

Yep the new green screamer works fine...there is no comparaison with 5.4.

people said the profile lacked bass/low mid compared to the original amp, but this seemed to work better sitting a guitar track in mix. that was the telltale in A/B tests

I find it quite funny that speculations are becoming a fact in this whole thread (change of sound because of aliasing filters etc.). Maybe you all calm down and wait until somebody from kemper chimes in. Play some guitar in the meanwhile?

+1
    im sure they are aware of a thread like this blowing up. its been suggested they had an idea of the issue present, maybe left to see how it went down with users
    i must say the features in 1.6 look fantastic. if they can get that with the 1.54 sound it will be all gravy :thumbup:

I can say with absolute certainty that the profiling process does not create a perfect copy of an amp at firmware 1.52 and previously (not tested 1.6 yet). Its certainly very, very close, but with that said how many of the users are profiling their own gear versus downloading other's profiles? A great many including myself rave over The Amp Factory stuff, but look at those profiles, they are highly tweaked. I believe they are going though a Neve preamp as well. That's not what I'd call an exact copy of the amp. The Black Goop sessions got some major praise and what's been profiled is completely secret. The Morgan AC20 which got some big praise as well had some pretty big tweaks out of the box as well. I realize its the nature of the product, but in a great many cases the player of a profile has zero idea what the original amp sounded like. Shoot in a great many cases, we may not have ever even seen the amp at hand expect in perhaps a YouTube video. Unless you created the profile, I would suggest viewing these all as a starting point not an untouchable picture of perfection. Perhaps the tonal shift will result in an even more accurate profiling process, has anyone tested it yet?

profiling process and signal chain has nothing to do with this thread? People had profiles/rigs they were familiar with and now something has diminished in them enough for people to discuss it, quite evident in the clips The pride of the kpa is the amp sound, so we would love to maintain that standard :thumbup: