best monitor for kemper

• Difficult to find at this stage somebody that tried all 3, considering that the CLR is hardly available and the Matrix just started shipping....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• In the end it will be as always: a matter of taste.

I tested many of them (not yet the CLR and the Matrix) and in the end it boils down to personal preferences.

I'd like to see a more pragmatic approach: "What gives good results in the overall opinion of the user"s instead of "best of".

I personally have very strong opinions towards what solution I like best at the moment, but this is only me.

• I hope Fender reads this and notices how well recieved the Mustang lll is.
    Perhaps that will prompt them to build something similar to that amp , w.o. the pre-amp section.
    A budget priced, small , powered open back cab.

• you're right. i was searching a great and LIGHT monitor, like the new matrix q12a (15 kg).
    now i own alto ps 4ha monitor (400w)..it is very good cab (paid used 200 euro)...i've sold my fbt verve 12ma, which is expansive (650-700 euro new) but sounds worse than alto monitor, with the kemper!
    which monitor can you advise me to buy?
    the matrix q12a seems to be great! other model?
    i've red a lot of positive comment about rcf nx 12...

• I'd advise waiting for the Atomic CLR....not that it will be the best, but until it ships there is no way to know. It could very well be the best of the bunch....assuming that the RCF is in your budget, the CLR would be too.

• Two things are really crucial when you talk about monitors:

• your sound: Metal drop D high-gain or songwriter chrunch or ... ?
    • your setup: backline (behind you) or monitor (in front of you on the floor)

I play only crunch sounds from a 5E6 profile and I do improv, echtzeitmusik and offroadcore. It can be quite loud and dense but on the other hand I also play ensembles with viola da gamba and cello etc.

I use the RCF NX 12 sma for louder, heavier stuff. It is fine but in more sensitive environments it can sound a bit harsh. And it is a lump to schlepp around. I recently compared it to a RCF TT08 and that was eye (ear) opening! If you are after really transparent, fine clearness you should at least test it once!

The AER Compact 60 III excels in weight and transportability. 60 Watt, 6 Kg (sic !!!), 330 x 260 x 230mm and yet amazingly loud enough as backline for small club gigs and it even prooved useful as monitor on larger stages.

I don't think that FRFR needs the same speaker size that you normally play in your tubeamp.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• i play classic rock...led zeppelin, deep purple, pink floyd.ecc but also hard rock-metal: dream theatre, metallica ecc
    i need a backline cab (i have already a fbt vrve 12ma as monitor cab).
    which is the best backline cab in your opinion for this kind of music?

i've read there is a very long time to receive a matrix or an atomic cab.

• Well, one things for sure, the JM designed CLR will go down as the most hyped monitor in human history.
    No speaker ever built is more advanced than the CLR, no audio/speaker engineer since the advent of ears has come up with a more advanced speaker...one has to wonder how the Chinese were able to understand how to build this speaker of such great technology.

And, if it doesn't sound as great as it's hyped to sound, then don't blame JM, blame yourself because you don't know what you're doing, or there's something wrong with your digital device. :rolleyes: