Posts by Ingolf

BTW turning the gain knob up on a profile and using a clean boost before the amp is exactly the same according to ckemper.

And reducing the gain equals a minus boost (if you have a very high output guitar this can come in handy).

OK I will ask in a different way: Why do you like the boost(C) before the distortion pedal(D)? Wouldn't it boost volume better after the distortion+? Usually I would put a boost after the distortion pedal but maybe I'm missing something...

Well, a boost in front of the DS+ will drive it even more. I only have the drive on 4.0 on the DS+, and there are cases when I want a slight edge more distortion (e.g. for singing legato lead lines).

To get more volume with the Profiler I'd always use rig volume or a boost post stack.

Boosting the volume in front of a profile like the AC20 will only drive the amp into more saturation and won’t give you a real volume (loudness) boost.

Yes I noticed with both on it was a little pushy. Not knowing how you set the order, I had the boost after the dist +. I always thought that was the correct order to boost after the gain pedal to get volume rather than overdrive the overdrive and "smash" it?

I've never had a pedalboard with both boost and overdrive or multiple overdrives so I don't have a lot of experience there, I just know I haven't had good experiences boosting into a distortion pedal, it usually turns to pushed non dynamic fuzz.

This procedure will only work with amps/profiles which stay clean. The Morgan AC20 OTOH will distort when pushed… ;)

Wobei ich ja bei Delays z.B. auch nicht nur die BPM angebe, sondern in welchem Taktmaß das Feedback kommt. Aber du hast zumindest recht, dass ich bei Delays nicht wissen muss, wo der Takt anfängt, weils Anschlagbasiert ist.

Das heißt also, dass ich ohne Sequencer weiterhin einfach nur Slots ad hoc mit Fußtaster umschalten kann und es da soweit keine Modifikationsmöglichkeiten gibt, korrekt?

Es geht nur mit Sequencer, und das würde bedeuten, dass ihr als Band mit einem Click Track arbeiten müsstet, bzw. euer Drummer müsste das.

Thank very much vyou for sharing this. I set up like this and played a bit with my Les Paul Custom and I can see why you favor it! Wow! What you can do with ONE profile! I have the boost in D and dist+ in C is this the order you prefer, or does it matter since you never have them both on?

My boost is in C and the DS+ in D, just because it’s the "right" order. I rarely have them on both at the same time but just in case I wanna go over the top… ;)

Ein digitales Aufnahmesystem, wie z.B. Logic, Cubase, Reaper, Ableton Live, Studio One und viele mehr, enthält einen Sequencer, der einen Song auf einer Timeline abspielt, oder aufnimmt, oder auf dieser Timeline Program Change - Befehle auslösen kann (die der Profiler dann versteht und ein Rig umschaltet).

Although I have profiled numerous of my amps (Vox AC 15/30/30 HW, Marshall 6100, Marshall 2525 Mini Jubilee) and although I've gotten quite good at it and like the results the one profile I rely on in both bands I play in is the Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco, which I use since 2012 because it's so tried and trusted.

I even recorded 2 albums with it.

Variations I do is using a pure booster with Volume +2.5 for more grit and a Plus DS (Distortion plus) with Drive at 4.0 and Volume at +3 for heavier stuff and soloing. Lately I also use the Kemper Fuzz occasionally with Drive at 4.0, Volume 0.0, Trans Shape 5.0, Trans tone 5.0, Definition 10.0, Octa 0.0 Mix 100%.

This gives me all the versatility and expressiveness that I need.

Ok! Das Alter!!!:cursing:

Ich habe früher Bypass @ Stop verwendet! Ich vergesse schon wirklich alles;(

Trotzdem danke für die Hilfe (zur Selbsterkenntnis)!

Grüße Wilfried

Bypass @ Stop verwende ich auch.

Das ist SO komfortabel, ich wünschte, mein Dunlop Cry Baby könnte sowas auch.

Spaßvogel!

Bisher funktionierte das Wah auf "Touch" gestellt --> wenn ich draufstehe verzerrt es und wenn nicht draufstehe verzerrt es nicht.

Jetzt verzerrt es auch wenn ich nicht draufstehe! Wo wäre denn sonst auch der Unterschied zu "ON";)

Grüße Wilfried

Hmmm. Terminologie ist wichtig. Und deine Terminologie stimmt hier leider so gar nicht.

Ein Wah ist ja ein durchstimmbarer Filter und verzerrt per se überhaupt nicht von alleine.

Nur bei Amps, die durch ein Boosten einer Mittenfrequenz beginnen zu verzerren, könnte beim Betätigen des Wah eine Verzerrung einsetzen.

Wenn man das Wah auf 'Touch' stellt, reagiert der Filter auf die Anschlagsdynamik und nicht mehr auf das Pedal.

Wie es dann reagiert, hängt von den Parametern 'Manual', 'Peak', 'Pedal Range', 'Peak Range', 'Touch Attack', 'Touch Release' und 'Touch Boot' ab und nicht, ob du auf dem Pedal stehst oder nicht.

Siehe auch das Handbuch S. 165-167.

hi there! Yesterday night before a live show my kpa decided simply to die . I did all the changes that i had to do cables power socket etc. Thanks God (and thanks my GAS) i have the spare one but I still have no any idea of what's going on ....i didn' t find anything in this forum about this issue. Please help! Thanks .

Br1

You need to open a support ticket.

Everything else would be pure speculation.

Input is set with the clean sens parameter in the input menu.

Actually I doubt this was the culprit though, as the output of a passive bass guitar doesn’t differ much from an electric guitar.

Rig volume is your friend.

Hallo!

Seit einigen Tagen funktioniert das wah nicht richtig. Wenn ich auf touch stelle verzerrt es immer! Toe und heel funktionieren, aber touch nicht mehr.;(

Hat jemand eine Idee was ich da verstell habe?
    Grüße Wilfried

Was erwartest du, was ein Touch Wah macht?

Was heißt "es verzerrt immer"?