Posts by Guitartone

Putting aside the excellent Profiles that we've all downloaded here in the first few weeks of release, there are so many incredible Profiles that come stock in the Kemper.

If you close your eyes, scroll/browse and just stop anywhere on any Profile, and then spend 30 minutes creating some 'rigs' from just that ONE Profile (even if you don't love the amp), you land up with a bunch of incredible tones, by far the best tones I've ever heard/played/felt on any modeller I've owned...and that from any random Profile.

So how do we control ourselves, we're being spoilt like crazy, everyday a new bunch of amazing Profiles done by new KPA owners, not even Pro studios, can you imagine what's coming in the next few months?...it's never ending GAS relief, something completely new to guitarists. :D

Think about it, the Pod HD came with 16 amps, it's taken over a year for what appears to be 2 or 3 new amps coming with a new upgrade...we get 2 or 3 new amps a day, minimum, and they're highly sought after boutique or rare amps each time...it's insane! :)

A few years ago had someone suggested the possibility of the KPA and what it does and how it sounds, we would have laughed and said, impossible, dream on!

This was sorted out yesterday wasn't it?

After installing 7012 re-boot holding system button...i think that was the solution.

Or am I confused?

At this point an official response would be nice. The last unofficial report I heard that made any sense was that they were working on the UL certification. I don't mind waiting but at some point I need to decide if it's worth the wait or if I should look elsewhere.

Look elsewhere for what?

Whatever you buy elsewhere wont be a Kemper, if you want the best then you should WAIT. :thumbup:

The Kemper got to the Europe stores because Germany is in Europe. :D
    The USA is 6 to 8 weeks away by sea freight/customs clearance/local delivery from Europe...thus the delay.

The "company" has already succeeded, it invented and produces the Access Virus Synth...there's an existing USA dealer network that goes back 15 years.

Perhaps they want to make the NAMM and new studio videos really Professional, not quick put together recorded on a cam mic type of stuff, edited at night in the hotel room.
    Whenever a cam mic video is released on Youtube everyone says they can't hear the tone properly because it's a cam mic.

without a proper USB-connection (particularly for recording, reamping) KPA even with its promising technology is not state-of-the-art. Hope the future firmware will solve the issue asap & without any hardware modifications.

You don't need USB to re-amp...you use the Monitor Out.

What studio uses USB for recording?

All the USA dealers visited the Kemper booth at NAMM...job done, that's why Kemper were there.
    I'm not quite sure why we need to see video proof of what went down at NAMM.

I'd imagine the Sweetwater order is being shipped by sea freight, that takes about 6 weeks...I don't see the problem, when the ship arrives the Kempers will be in the USA.

When Kemper make the announcement that the poweramp is finished then they'll tell us.
    When they tell us the software is no more beta, then we'll know the OS is fully RTM.
    I'm sure when they have a prototype of the floorboard we'll be the first to know.

Big difference between the "other guys" and Kemper.
    The other guys didn't send their product to Europe because they were getting much more money for it in the USA.
    Sending it to Europe involved a European distributor, who pay the wholesale price, = less money for the USA manufacturer.
    Only after the Kemper sound clips/videos appeared on the internet did the "other" modeller suddenly start flooding into Europe.
    Kemper doesn't have a USA distributor, any store in the USA can buy direct from Kemper.
    Once production gets into full swing the USA will be Kemperized. :D

There's no competition to the Kemper at NAMM.
    The BUZZ was in the last 10 months, then the Kemper proved itself to be a one of a kind, no more need for BUZZ.

All the new products being shown at NAMM by the competitors in the "digital modelling" world are years behind the Kemper technology.
    So, no need for Kemper to urgently post videos at NAMM trying to outdo and out hype the competition...it was game, set, match to Kemper before the show even started.

Now that it's over the Kemper crew will fly home and the new Kemper videos will start appearing.

Good news for us, NAMM is over...let's get back to business. :)

Have a safe trip home. :thumbup:

I'll request a
    Marshall Silver Jubilee
    Marshall YJM
    Engl Ritchie Blackmore
    Carvin Legacy
    and more Marshall AFD profiles :D

I guess the closest you'll get to the Silver Jubilee is the JCM2550.

Check out the Profiles "MS042-00", and "MS043-00"...they're both JCM2550.

It's very strange as last NAMM all you heard about was KPA..oh well, I'm sure some videos will eventually show up, maybe they just stayed at the back room somewhere getting the bugs out of the firmware and finishing it, so when it finally arrives in the USA it will be working 100%.. :)

How do you think the KPA units get from Germany to the USA?

Ok Ive done a couple of profiles using this method.
    The afd100nc and evh5150nc profiles I did were KPA>amp>palmer PDI03 (direct out)>KPA>atomic FRFR>5150 4x12
    The profiles sound and feel pretty much spot on to what the amp does with the powersoak/reamp

Your Profiles sound fantastic...obviously the Palmer is a great piece of gear.

I like Armin's comment.
    The Kemper is not a modeller, it an amp.

True about the 'high end'.
    Usually you're figuring out a way to tame high end and fizz, on the Kemper you're adding high end and smiling...the presence knob is your friend.

Just read this comment by Chris on TGP.

"The Modelers i own are a Pod hd500 an Eleven rack and an Axe fx ultra (The Ultra i sold last week to fund the kemper purchase)
    Sound and feel wise remembering this is just my opinion and nothing more. For me its the most realistic sound and feel I've ever used and by a huge margin."

:thumbup:

..unless you make a profile to be used with power amp and cab

Does the manual say you can make a Profile for a poweramp and cab, or does the manual say switch the cab off when going through a poweramp and cab?
    I haven't read the manual so I dont know.

No. Lance, read the following on the kemper website FAQ page. I think you are missing the point here.

Can I profile just my pre amp?
    Yes you can! Instead of feeding the microphone signal back, simply plug the effect send output of your amp head into the Return of the KPA. When you profile just the pre-amp, the virtual cabinet is without content, so you will not hear any difference when you switch it on or off.
    When you connect the Main Outputs or the Monitor Output of the KPA with the effect return jack of your amp head, you will get the same sound as you get with your real amp. If you don't want to reconnect to your original amp, then simply choose a cabinet from another profile in the Kemper Amp.

I'm not missing the point.
    The best way to make a Profile is by using a mike in front of a speaker, not the DI.

The DI Profile "Feel" might be different to the miked speaker Profile "Feel".

None of the Profiles made in Nashville were DI, neither were any of the Peter Fischer or Uwe Bosswert or Christophe Kemper profiles, they were all miked cabs.