Posts by Armin

Yes, there is no software without bugs.
    The most important thing for the KPA is:
    1) Fix the bugs, make it stable
    2) Add the not available features (Performace mode, undo, redo)
    3) Add the most needed features (Spring Reverb, Pitch Effect, tonestack switchable pre amp, delay in stomp box slots)
    4) Then ask for user input

The AxeFx is at step 4
    KPA at step 1

But hey, Cliff is only one person - the Kemper stuff are much more - and they created the Virus - I am sure it will not take to long until we reach step 4 as well.

Some hints to profile a Lonestar Special:

Buy the amp (if you get one - they are rare):
    http://www.thomann.de/de/mesa_…al_2x12_gitarrencombo.htm
    2450Euro

Get a Royer R121:
    http://www.thomann.de/de/royer_labs_r121.htm
    1299Euro

In addition you'll need a preamp, a mic-stand and some cables.

Then spend a full week to profile the amp at different settings.

done

After this do with this profiles whatever you want - keep them to yourself - share them for free - ask for a little fee - delete them ...

btw. here you can discuss if profiling by itself is illegal or only in case you share a profile:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1023261

I made my living with sounds, patches, speaker impules and similar stuff - since 1997.
    You can freely use them - without any limitation - for musical work.
    If you have deeper questions please ask me via pm or my website.

After some more time with the Kemper I miss the amp tonestack - switchable pre amp block - most.
    Yes, I can use an EQ block in D but it would be much more convinient to have the amp tonestack (EQ) at the right place e.g. for Fender Amps.

Yes, it's like in the real world - some guitar work great with some amps - other guitars with other amp.

But I found that some modelers needed to be tweaked for one guitar and even one PU position - while the real amp sounded great with all pu combinations and many guitars.

Both the AxeFx II and the KPA are great products.
    The effects in the AxeFx are WAY more flexible then the ones in the KPA.

And I am sure Cliff will not stop with firmware5 - he added the speaker capture feature - so maybe he will add a 'amp capture' feature or a 'match eq' later - or something different.

But I am sure after the KPA hits the US marked it will be very hard to sell an AxeFx for much more money - a LOT of guitar players are only looking for a great amp/cab tone and basic effects - and that IS GREAT in the KPA.

I am not sure if I would play gigs with the KPA jet - the firmware is still very unstable (it's a public beta) - and fit's not into a rack - but on the other hand, it's a totally new product, firmare 1.0x and could be used like a little head - maybe with an optional power amp later ...

For me (in the studio) is the KPA VERY nice - I like the form factor and look very much - much more than a boring 19" rack - and it's SO convenient to use.

As with all similar products:
    You can freely use this profiles to create any kind of music, soundtracks or even #1 hits or whatever you like.
    You are not allowed to share the profiles, part of it or any 'new' rigs created with this profiles.

Profiles are done :)

Profiles of both channels at various gain settings, microphones, switches ...

Used Mic's:

ADK = ADK Hamburg condenser microphone
    SM57 = Shure SM57
    S&A = ADK & SM57 at the same time
    A&S = SM57 & ADK at the same time (different mix)
    R121 = Royer 121 (directly connected to the KPA)
    R& = Royer 121 via MicPreAmp
    603 = MXR 603S condenser microphone
    L = Linear measurement condenser microphone

check link below

While profiling my Lonestar Special (LSS) I found that profiling seams NOT to detect 'Power Sagging' - it stays at 0.0 here all the time.

The LLS has 3 different power settings:
    30Watt (4 power tubes - solid state power supply)
    15Watt (2 power tubes - tube power supply)
    5Watt (1 power tube - tube power supply)

I hear a lot of power sagging @5Watt - but KPA stays at 0.0

When I compare 'by ear' a setting of 2.6 sounds the closest.

Is here anybody getting Power Sagging results during profiling other then 0.0?

The biggest difference between the KPA and modelers is (IMHO):
    When I wanted to play some guitar with my modelers - I ended spending a lot of time tweaking the thing.

This evening I wanted to continue profiling my Lonestar Special - and ended NOT profiling anything but just playing two hours with one profile - and it was exiting all the time - and I had no need to change anything ...

I ordered a second one when my first one did stopped working - after I found out how to reset the KPA - I canceled the order the next day - but it was to late.
    So I got a second one two days later - and returned it - that may be the one they currently offer for a reduced price.

My name is Armin (one wife one cat) - I am a tube amp lover - but are open for digital gear as well - I checked almost all digital amp simulation gear since years.

Nothing seams to be able to deliver the true sound of nice tube amps - until now - the KPA is a great (digital) tube amp ;)

Currently I am profiling my tube amp collection.
    That will take a lot of time - since I am quite picky on this.

Some of the first results can be found on my homepage (see link in my signature) - much more will come.

I make my living by selling music toolkits, iPhone apps and doing beta testing for music, photo and video gear.

Would be cool to have the lock feature also in other places (beside the effect blocks) - e.g. for the gain.
    So I could set a gain level and select a lot of profiles to compare the sonic character without the different gain settings.

Yes, 100% agree - the record feature in the UFX is very nice - would be great to have something like this in the KPA.
    Maybe they include it into the perform mode ;)

Just to prevent everybody from spending a lot for mic-pre-amps.

The internal Kemper one if quite great - I compared my R121 direct into the KPA with some mic-pre-amps - and think I'll go with the KPA alone ;)

It's even great in case I profile something outside of my studio - all I need is the KPA and a mic.

Note:
    This will not work for condenser mics