Posts by sheguitarplayer

Even with the cab turned off there is a portion of the cab sound left there. This was done by design so it blends well with the sound going to the pa with the cab sim on.
    When you turn up this can make the sound come from your cab sound a little unnatural on its own (It sounds great when you are also feeding a pa system and you can hear both together). The eq on the master monitor section is your best bet here. Use the monitor out to your power amp/cab and do a global eq at gig volume using the monitor eq section. Really a matter of pushing mids a little and backing off treble.
    Another solution is to use direct profiles. There are a few of these on the rig exchange now, and they sound great with a power amp and cab right off the bat.

Back sooner than I thought.
    Ordered a new KPA from Thomann yesterday (a black one!)
    Should arrive later this week, bearing in mind all our post offices have been closed for the Diamond Jubilee.
    Yeeha, Im back !
    Thanks for all the kind words guys. Makes this forum kinda special..... :D

Thanks for all the kind words.
    My kemper sold on eBay and I got a good price for it. Nice guy too. Hope he joins the forum.
    In the meantime my mate has an axefx 2. He had been planning on selling it but decided to wait until fw6 to see how he got along with it.
    We have spent a couple of days at my studio playing with it and the tone matching is ok but very tricky to use and get useful tones. The amp matching is like a toy compared to the kemper. Sound wise it can get fairly close but it lacks sustain, has a tinny thing going on and feels like sh"t.
    The general sound of fw 6 is an improvement, but still sounds like an axefx, not an amp.
    Many will no doubt say that it's an additional feature ( many of the posts by axefx users seems to have them giving up on it already) but its enough for him to decide he's selling and going for the kemper.
    Me, I just need a couple of months to get back into shape and I will be back to the lunch box club.

As a user from December, when the KPA first hit the shops I have been amazed and delighted with the Kemper and all it offers.
    Ive used one on over 20 gigs now and have found it to be great both frfr and also using it with a power amp/cab using direct profiles.
    The quality of user profiles has been fantastic and with the recent rig pack, and promise of more in the future, things are looking very rosy for the KPA.
    Unfortunately financial events have forced me to part with a lot of gear over the last couple of weeks (Recession woes) and sadly Im having to sell my Kemper, which Ive put up on the evil bay.
    Its a testament to the KPA that this is only the second used one that has gone up on the 'bay (I know cos Ive been checking, Im a bit anal that way).
    Its been a blast hanging out on this forum and I really hope to be back soon when things turn around for me.
    All the best to Cristophe and his team, and most of all to all you guys on the forum.

I had a few problems with mine. Im sure it was software related at the time but my dealers were keen to sort it and offered a replacement just to make sure there was no hardware issue involved.
    In my case it was The Guitar Store in Southampton, UK.
    Cant say enough about those guys, great to deal with.

I think the Axe II (standard and Ultra for that matter) effects are stellar. When you start comparing them to Eventide...thats a compliment to the Axe.
    6.0 is awesome . It really is good. Come into my studio... you wont be able to tell the difference between the AXE the KPA or a real tube amp.
    You guys are not doing KPA any favors by comparing those products. Thats probably is what keeps most people on the fence about either.

Not really comparing the axe to the eventide, as I said I much prefer the eventide, even the stomp boxes.
    Don't want to sound too negative, but the 'try out firmware 6, its the real deal' is a bit stale after the same thing was said about firmware 5, 4 and 3 etc all the way back to firmware 5 on the axefx standard.
    I tried all of them except this new one. I said the same after firmware 5 was dropped and got exactly the same response, then tried it myself and was yet again disappointed.
    Honestly I dont wanna cause offence. If the axe is for you then thats great and Im happy for you, and if it is as good as everyone says then great. But all the previous exclamations of greatness after previous firmwares do little to convince others that this time its actually true.

Great collection you've got there.
    I too have loved your profiles so far.
    Marshall JCM800 at the different settings you were looking at, and also with the drive pedals would be great for me.
    I always find the JCM 800 to be such a fine workhorse amp and to have so many sweet spots that a collection of great profiles would be fantastic. IMHO its one of those amps that is often modelled, but usually comes out very wimpy compared to the 'real thing'.

The eventide 'factor' pedals are really nice too.
    Im running an eclipse at home and have all 4 factor pedals.
    IMHO the axefx doesn't get close to them...
    My live rig at present is a TS09, evh wah and phase 90, mxr flanger, KPA with eventide pitchfactor in the loop.
    Still cheaper than the axefx2, and certainly much better to me.
    Never found a proper replacement for those before amp stomps on anything digital, so,for me the axefx 1 or 2 was never a complete solution anyway.
    Liked the amp and cab models, but preferred the KPA for that.
    Not too keen on either axe fx or KPA drives/stomps or phasers/flangers in front of the 'amp'
    Like the other axefx effects but much preferred the eventide ones which IMHO just sound much better.

That sounds good, will give one a try they are certainly inexpensive.
    I was under the impression they broke up at volume like a valve guitar amp.
    I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks