Posts by JEL

Sharing is caring :thumbup:

Absolutely zero chance of me spending money on a profile, even if the profile was done by EVH himself (well, maybe I would pay for that). Kidding. Still no way.

One of the greatest attributes of the Kemper is sharing your treasured amps worldwide. Right on Kemper's main webpage "SHARE YOUR PRECIOUS AMPS". Right on Kemper! Now leave it somebody to find a way to "monetize" a perfectly cool thing. Not many things are free in this world, I support the openness of sharing. The world was a better place when Napster was free (just my opinion)

I understand your out of pocket costs though for studio time, the price of gear, etc. It adds up....and kudos for being an entrepreneur trying to get paid! Obviously you are just trying to recoup your costs and I appreciate that.

But there is no way I would ever buy one. One of the key reasons I bought the Kemper was the fact you could SHARE your profiles.

Have said that -- go for it. Free enterprise.

Hey guys -

Just wondering if anyone out there is experiencing new issues with the Noise Gate since moving to 1.08.

I don't like using the NG much, and up until now....I would keep the setting VERY low, just basically a small amount to activate the NG, hardly anything.

Now, for my exact same profiles and patches I find that I have to crank up the NG to over half way to achieve the same noise reduction. Otherwise the sound/hiss/noise is very audible. And of course, the higher you turn it up .... the more it effects your tone in my opinion.

I may have to go back to 1.07 - this one is a bit frustrating.

Anyone else experience this same thing...or something similar in regards to the NG?

Thanks,
    J

I can see how the rating system can cause some very minor problems, but very soon we are going to be overwhelmed with profiles.

I mean, when there are 500 different Marshall JCM's out there - you need SOMETHING to sort these by! Unless you have the time to download, upload, reboot, etc. just to find the ONE JCM that makes you happy.

Having a musical type or genre will help for sorting....but I really believe a rating system will be a massive benefit!

....just keep it simple. Once you download the profile, assuming you have had time to play it to your liking .....you simply score the profile from 1 to 5. 5 being the best (5 stars, or the like). After a while, the 'law of large numbers' will kick in and you will soon realize the best profiles really will make it to the top of the ratings. This is very common and used by many companies today.

Not everyone is going to rate every single profile a 5. In fact, users can be as critical as they need to be - it's a simple score based on their opinion of the profile.

If users want to use the rating system to their benefit (in efforts to sort through a massive list of the same amp), that's great. If your style is to download and play everyone - so be it. And good luck with that! I personally don't have that kind of time.

But there needs to be something. From my perspective "LIKES" are way too generic and won't give enough insight to the quality of the profile. Allow the users to score them on a simple scale - and I think it would become an extremely popular and powerful tool.

Just my two cents.

Kemper community...

I LOVE THE PROFILES....I mean, what a total joy to log on every night and try out new amps from around the globe.

But the profile count is about to get out of hand. Please note - this is a good thing, not a negative comment.

We are now approaching 900 profiles and just getting started!!!!! WOW!!!!

I know this has probably been beat to death - but a profile rating system, scoring, or ranking is no doubt becoming necessary at this point.

My guess is conservatively after 1 year there could well be over 3,000+ profiles. I mean this is exciting....and scary!

The time required to test and tweak all of these is daunting.

A simple rating system would save countless hours in the selection process.

Hopefully the Kemper brain trust can get this happening sooner rather than later....

Thanks to all for the amazing profiles!

Most appreciated from DC.

Will - bravo! I love this profile....in all honesty, the price of the Kemper is worth this profile alone. So friggin' METAL..and super expressive!!!

GREAT JOB. Very "tweak-able" as well...

Keep those profiles coming...this one is a keeper for sure.

.....exactly!!!!!

To quote Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up Francis!!!!" Geeeeeeezzzzeeee. What a sensitive and frail ASS (I mean AXE) community out there! It's just gear guys.

I actually embrace my COSMIC TOASTER!!!! I often just say now....I'm bringin' the Toaster to the gig!!!!

My goodness - so I turn my sweet little toaster on today and ALL of the profiles sound like something is terribly wrong.

They are all clipping like crazy now and don't sound anything like they did before this last import of new profiles. In fact, they sound like garbage and are unusable now. WHAT HAPPENED???

Please help. This one scares me a little. Thanks -

Stay frosty,
    JEL

I like the way the tuner looks and functions -- but can you please add some 'numeric' reading so we don't have to eyeball if the bubble is perfectly centered between the lines?

Just adding a numeric count above the bubble + or - .001 etc (or however accurate it can be) would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks CK.

Stay Frosty,
    JEL

Hey bro - I love the Pitbull profiles. I have owned 3 VHT amps and miss them quite a bit (until now).

This is one of my favorites and I was able to pull back the gain and get very usable rock tones.

GREAT SOUNDS!!

Hadley - if you don't understand or see the conflict of a FRACTAL ARTIST (you) starting threads about shortcomings of the Kemper (on the Kemper website)....well then, I'm not sure anyone can help you.

As I said - I seriously doubt that a Kemper artist (when that time comes) will be allowed to post a similar thread on the Fractal website about their issues with the Axe Fx (with Cliff's permission). Never going to happen, nor should it here.

Stay Frosty,
    JEL

Guys ....the issues to me are not his comments about Kemper - but the fact this thread was started by a Fractal artist!

Seems very "troll-ish" that a person listed on Fractal's artist page is the same guy starting a thread about his personal shortcomings with the Kemper.

Just because he purchased a unit, doesn't change the fact he is on Fractal company website as an artist.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/artists.php

Hadley Hockensmith
    L.A. Studio Guitarist, Neil Diamond Band
    "I love my Axe-FX… So much fidelity, amp goodness & processing power under one roof. The ‘sonic bar’ has been totally recalibrated by Fractal Audio!"

Very uncool in my opinion - and I hope this thread dies soon.

Stay frosty,
    JEL

I seriously doubt that a Kemper artist (when that time comes) will be allowed to post a similar thread on the Fractal website about their issues with the Axe Fx. Never going to happen, nor should it here.

Hadley - come on now friend.....

You ARE a Fractal artist, whether you admit it or not (or you paid for a unit, etc.). You are listed as a Fractal Artist on their website!

Therefore, I do not believe that any Fractal Artist should be posting threads such as yours on the Kemper page. Especially something sanctioned by CK. I think if he wanted feedback from his customer base he would ask for it himself, not from the help of Fractal Artist. GET IT??

Plain and simple.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Stay frosty -
    JEL