Posts by Burkhard

Normalerweise kann man direkt zur aktuellen OS Version updaten. Das wäre OS 8.0.2 Release.

Bei klassischen Modellen (Head, Rack, PowerHead, PowerRack) gibt es zwei Ausnahmen, bei denen Zwischenschritte erforderlich sind:

1. älter als 1.8.2 => erst 1.8.2 einspielen

2. zwischen 1.8.2 und 7.3.2 => erst 7.3.2 einspielen

Das heißt, im ungünstigsten Fall sind zwei Zwischenschritte erforderlich! Die Zwischenversionen findet man hier:

Older Software Versions

Beim PROFILER Stage sind keine Zwischenschritte nötig. Da kann man sofort auf die aktuelle Version updaten.

Now we know, we are talking about Rig Manager and Slots.

This is from the Main Manual chapter Performance Mode. It explains the rules around Slot Name and might explain the behavior you report:

It helps to assign meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds, Performances and Slots could, for example, carry names of songs and musical scenes, or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

I suspect, the manual reflects a later revision of Uno4Kemper. For example Morphing didn't even exist when Uno4kemper was first released. As far as I remember, this pedal flexibility - also the response curve flexibility of the pedals - was added in a later revision e.g. 1.3. Perhaps worth considering investing in a new eprom.

You are mixing different concepts.

Loading a Rig from browse pool into a Slot of a Performance works via BROWSE knob.

Coyping a Rig from one Slot of Performance Mode into another Slot of Performance Mode hold the RIG button at your Stage and a coap/paste overlay will open.

The Acoustic Simulator works in any mode.

To copy an effect module incl. any effect e.g. Acoustic Simulator, open the modules and then hold the module button once again at your Stage another copy/paste overlay will appear.

An effect can be loaded into an effect module by type (TYPE knob) or preset (BROWSE knob).

I suggest you start reading the first pages of the manuals in order to understand basic operation and teminology.

Ist sonst noch irgendetwas angeschlossen z. B an einer der PEDAL-Buchsen auf der Rückseite des PROFILERs? Vielleicht auch nur ein offenes Kabel?

Ich würde mal ein PROFILER Backup erzeugen und mich vergewissern, dass das sauber durchgelaufen ist anhand der Dateigröße. Wenn Du schon andere Backups vom PROFILER hast, weißt Du ja, wie groß das ungefähr sein muss.

Und dann ein Reset in den Auslieferungszustand. Mach bitte dazu ein Support-Ticket auf und wir schicken die Anweisung dazu. Du kannst auch gleich Dein Backup zum Check mitschicken.

Ich vermute, dass da ein Hardwareproblem vorliegt. Im günstigsten Fall eine interne Steck- oder Kabelverbindung, die lose ist.... Aber das werden wir dann sehen.

Then please consider a dedicated Volume Pedal, which gives you all the flexibility.

Or, if you want to stick to one pedal, consider configuring the pedal as Wah Pedal, which also controls Pitch Pedal and Volume Pedal, and trigger Morphing via button instead of pedal.

I still don't exactly understand, what you are trying to achieve behind the technical solution that you are suggesting. It appears as if you intend to exchange the defined roles of Effect Buttons (on/off switching) and Morphing (shifting continuous parameters between two values). But for which reason? Your Morphing shifts Mix to 0% which emulates switching off the effect. And you request, that Effect Buttons should be able to shift between two values, because your Morphing is occupied for emulating "on/off switching". What is exactly hindering you to use the free Effect Button for on/off switching instead and the Morphing function to shift Mix between two values x and y? As Morphing allows to shift parameters in multiple modules, Effect Buttons can switch on/off multiple modules.

And why do you limit yourself to one Performance as you shared in the other thread? Why do all intended sound situations and morphing scenerios need to be built into just one Performance while 125 are available?

Enabling multiple Morphings for the same parameter raises a few logical questions, if both Morphings cross. Let's say, Morphing A shifts Mix between 10 and 35% and Morphing B shifts Mix between 50 and 70%. If Morphing A is in Morph State and Morphing B is triggered into Morph State, what should happen? Should Mix immediately jump from 35% to 50% and shift from there to 70%? Or should Mix continuously shift to 70%? Or shift to 55% (35+20)? And is this predictible for the user and in line with other parameters being morphed simultaneously? Therefor even if we realized multiple Morphings, there might be a limitation that each continuous parameter can only be part of one Morphing at a time.

I'm wondering if what you are looking for is not more like using Effect Buttons to switch between different complete effect on/off scenes, which frees up Morphing for what it is primarily made for.

We use the term "preset" for local applications: input preset, effect preset, cabinet preset, output presets. The term for a file including the complete signal chain from Input to REV module is called "Rig". I'm read between the lines, that your intend is organising your Rig collection.

Rig packs and preset packs are provided by us and you have read access.

You can create folders in your Local Library to structure your collection and can mark Rigs as favorites.

I must admit, I don't understand, what you are trying to achieve.

Do you literally mean a "preset pack" or what we call a "Rig pack"?

Are you referring to Rig packs in Rig Manager? Those are exclusively published by KEMPER.

Are you planning to share your pack with other users? You are not authorized to share Rigs which are commerically offered by providers like Tone Junkie. You can publish a list with names of your favorite Rigs here in the forum at Commerial Rigs and PROFILEs.

If morphing a volume in one of the effect modules A-D is not an option, please consider using Volume Pedal via a dedicated expression pedal. It allows to select the location within the signal chain by Rig. "Input" is one option. Sharing one expression pedal for several purposes always comes with some limitations. Often it fits, sometimes it doesn't.

In the future it should be possible to activate effects assigned to morphing individually.

A further improvement could be that it is possible to activate such effects individually in the base state as well as the morphed state. So one could use two different states of a dedicated effect (different feedback, different modulation).

I still find your issue statements confusing. Examples above. In fact it is possible to activate and deactivate effects assigned to morphing individually. Activation/deactivation of effect modules via Effect Buttons is completely independent of the state of Morphing parameters. You can activate any effect module regardless if parameters of that effect are in base state, morph state or anywhere in between. Morphing and on/off switching are 100% independent - couldn't be more independent.

What you seem to be looking for is not independency, but logical dependencies. You want, that for example switching on an effect module at the same time overwrites parameter settings like Mix at 0% with Mix at y% - so eventually overwrite, what your morphing triggered before.

I think, the root cause of your issues is, that you are trying to stuff all possible effect scenarios required for all your musical scenes into one single Performance. Consequently you are running out of switches to trigger all your intended effect scenes and are therefor also using morphing for that purpose (activation/deactivation via Mix). The PROFILER offers 125 Performances for that purpose. There is no need to limit yourself to 1. Spreading your musical scenes across various Performances will drastically simplify your button control because you are loading complete Rigs for specific musical scenes. Effect Buttons assignments are by Rig. So now you can customize your Effect Button assignments to specific scenes. And you can dedicated Morphing to what it is primary designed for: shifting parameters between values x and y, not just substitute on/off switching via Mix.

Don't get me wrong. You are free to use just one Performance if all your required musical sound scenes fit in. But if not, use more Performances.

With the effect switches of the remote u solely can toggle effects on and off - that is what I already knew.
    With morphing, effects already have to be activated in a rig. To “mute” them in base state (this means no morphing took place) u have to set the mix level of such effects to zero. To “activate” such effects with morphing u only morph the mix parameter for example.
    This means if I am setting mix eg for delay to zero in a rig I am not able to activate delay with the effect switch.

In such case it would be helpful if the effect switch assigned to delay would be able to toggle between two values of the mix level of delay (mix level delay: 0 = base state = effect of, mix level delay: 75 = morph state = effect on). Just as easy as that.

I opened another thread in the feature request as this subforum seems to be the wrong place regarding my issue.

I don't exactly understand your need.

Switching effect modules on/off and Morphing is completely independent. It's not true, that an effect has to be activated in order to be effectvely morphed. You can morph the Mix within an delay effect from 10% to 40% while the module with the delay is switched off. If you then switch on the module later, the Mix at 40% takes immediate effect.