Posts by Burkhard

…. a bit of voodoo could help as well.

I think, we should first understand, what "lost all my effects" really means. I could imagine a beginner having misunderstandings. Perhaps Output Source set to "Stack" or Effects Section switched off and locked.

Looking at the STOMPS and EFFECTS buttons of your classical PROFILER model. But I even don't know which model you own.

To be honest, your question is much too unspecific to provide any specific hint. What do you mean by "my effects"? The effects as such are part of the software and cannot get lost. Is it your effect presets, that you are missing? Or are you loading Rigs, which used to have effects and now there are none? Have you really stored those? Browser Mode or Performance Mode? Anything locked?

Press Init Globals in System Settings. This will reset all global settings including Locking.

I've been working with many USB sticks of various brands and practice these operations quite a lot. The PROFILER isn't picky. Once in a while USB sticks have "hickups" regardless which device these are used with.

The Input Noise Gate sits in the Input Section. Check its value.

And be aware, that the Input Section including Noise Gate is part of every Rig. So the Noise Gate settings could vary by Rig.

Perhaps you used to have the Input Section locked, so that your preferred Noise Gate level took effect permanently. And now the Input Section is unlocked and the Rigs get loaded with the stored Noise Gate levels. Our factory Rigs are for example stored with Noise Gate at 0.

Be aware, that the KEMPER Kone logic switches to full-range even while Monitor Cab. Off is activated and a Speaker Imprint is selected, if you load a Direct PROFILE. The logic assumes you intend to play acoustic guitar.

In order to avoid that automatic switching you need to pair your Direct PROFILE with any cabinet PROFILE. As soon as a Studio PROFILE or Merged PROFILE gets loaded, KEMPER Kone reactivates the Speaker Imprint as usual, if Monitor Cab. Off is active.

Yes, it is hidden, because it has been causing more confusion than what it's worth. And if you don't use the toe switch it isn't relevant anyhow.

For you only pedal type matters. Pedal Type 2 has been designed for Yamaha expression pedals, which have a different wiring influencing the response curve. Perhaps the Mission SP-1 has the same wiring. Wheresthedug's experience is suggesting that.

For everybody:

If the TAP button suddenly switches module A on/off, please enter System Settings, page Remote Settings, sub-page Button Assignments and reassign the TAP function to the TAP button. This heals the issue once and forever!

This setting is screwed during the upgrade to OS 7.2.1. It doesn't happen if you upgrade to OS 7.2.2 directly without upgrading to OS 7.2.1 first. But if the setting has been screwed once you need to adjust it manually. Sorry!