Posts by Burkhard

Ok will test more ... btw I did not see any FX or stomp preset in the list , emtpy tables ... While pressing and holding the stomp/Fx button , pressing store : stomp section only or effect section only (you can enter the name which is default EFFECTS PRESET and STOMP preset) they don't appear unless renamed ! I'll investigate and open a support ticket this evening !

Raf

Not the case with the latest version. I start with no Stomps nor Effects Section presets, which is the normal default scenario. We don't promote such presets anymore and no examples are included in the factory content. I open the Stomps Section. I press STORE and select STOMPS Section. The name Stomps Preset gets suggested. I confirm that name without any change by pressing STORE again. And now the new preset named Stomps Preset gets listed as a Stomps Preset. The same applies for the Effects Section. I suggest you answer my earlier questions and make sure, you use the latest OS revision.

Cannot reproduce any anomaly with latest OS. If you still think, there is an issue in OS 7.1.3 , please open a support ticket and be precise in terms of:

- Are you referring to presets of the stomps and effects sections in opposition to those of a single effect module?

- Are you looking in the right place? Stomps section presets can only be browsed while that section is in focus.

- Do you experience the issue in Browser Mode, Performance Mode, both?

- Does the missing preset show up after a restart?

- What are the exact steps since you loaded the last Rig or Performance?

I have commented before, that this function has never worked correctly in the past. If you loaded a Rig via Rig Manager, tweaked it, pressed STORE and selected Replace, the wrong Rig got replaced: Not the Rig you loaded via Rig Manager, but the last Rig loaded via the front panel. In order to avoid such accidental loss of data we have disabled Replace and Rename as a short-term measure. In Rig Manager 3.0 and the corresponding PROFILER OS revision this will be fixed and work as expected.

Are you using the Remote or an external switch?

The Remote is described in the Main Manual in great detail and including how to overdub.

If you are using external switches make sure, that these are momentary (non latching) AND the polarity is set correctly. Otherwise you might experience very strange situations with the looper.

7.1.3 Public Beta is now available, 15294 for classical models and 15295 for Stage.

It is automatically suggested by Rig Manger, if beta versions is selected under Preferences. It can also be found on the download page under "Operating System Beta Versions" for USB memory stick installation.

7.1.3 includes the following innovations:

Audio

fixed: Gain too low at Fuzz DS

User Interface

added: holding EDIT button of Stage opens UNDO/REDO menu

fixed: (stage) LED brightness on bootup was lost

fixed: (stage) occasional boot hickups fixed

changed: PROFILER Stage stays in standby, when power cable gets plugged in

fixed: MIDI Control CC# 80 triggering Morph Button not working

fixed: occasional loss of backlight on Effects Selection Page

fixed: sticky E after storing Rig edited

fixed: browse list not updated after Store/Rename

fixed: Snapshots don't always show up correctly

fixed: Snapshots ordered by Snapshot taken instead of original date

fixed: Morphing button does not trigger, if pressed within first half of ramp

fixed: wrong MIDI program change displayed after bootup

Out of interest, why the need for the new format, what's new?

Sometimes the file format changes e. g. when we liberalized the DLY module and later when we liberalized the REV module. We think it's more practical if Rig and preset files can be distinguished by different file extensions on a PC or MAC.

By the way old files are upward compatible.

I'm assuming your stereo cab is powered or you have an external power amp.

I wouldn't suggest to use the XLR and the TS outputs simultaneously. Electrically there is no issue, but you wouldn't be able to control your signals for FOH and stage speakers separately - not a good idea. You could consider using the HEADPHONE OUT instead. It's fixed signal source is Master Stereo, which is also the default signal source of the MAIN OUTPUT. But first I would challenge, if these external pedals are even needed, since the PROFILER offers a wide range of first class reverb and delay effects. Don't make your setup more complicated than really required!

Just to avoid model confusion: The PROFILER Stage offers more outputs than classical PROFILER models and allows simultaneous use of a stereo MONITOR OUTPUT, stereo MAIN OUTPUT plus a stereo loop - and a stereo HEADPHONE OUT as well.

Was it the normal tuner screen, that comes up, when you press the TUNER button? Or was it the slightly different screen, that comes up, when you crank down volume pedal with "Pedal Volume is 0 (Mute)" at the bottom? If the latter is the case, check the level of Volume Pedal on page Pedal Links in System Settings. The bar should be at the bottom, which explains why the tuner screen came up. Next question is, what happened to your expression pedal controlling volume? Perhaps its TRS-cable is defective!?

Das: "Normalerweise nutze ich den KPA im Performance-Modus, doch wenn ich ihn in den Browse-Modus schalte, ist nach 10-15min das Ausgangssignal weg und der KPA springt dann auch manchmal in den Tuner. Keine Ahnung warum. Ist das ein bekanntes Problem......||||" liegt vermutlich an Deinem Mission Pedal. Wenn das auf Hacke steht, ist das Ergebnis normal. Aber ein defektes TRS-Kabel zum Pedal oder ein defektes Pedal können denselben Effekt haben. Oder wenn Du das Kabel im laufenden Betrieb vom Pedal trennst anstatt vom PROFILER. In jedem Fall zeigt Dir der Balken auf der Seite Pedal Links im System-Menü, was Sache ist. Wenn der Balken vom Volume Pedal ganz unten steht, muss der Ton weg sein und je nach Einstellung von "Tuner @Volume 0" der Tuner erscheinen.

Normally: Morph, but it could vary. If you are just in the process to set up MIDI program changes for your Rigs in Browser Mode reaching that page in System Settings with the push of one button might be convenient. While finetuning sounds working with Snapshots can be effective. Consequently a short cut to Snapshot Browser is helpfull. Afterwards: Morph.

The Main Manual includes step by step instructions for reamping via analog as well as S/PDIF sockets. No value add to repeat these here.

You should have a USB memory stick. You need one to create PROFILER backups. Some emergency routines require a USB memory stick as well. And these sticks are very inexpensive.

ad 1. Die Up/Down Taster kann man bisher nicht völlig anders belegen. Man kann deren Funktionen nur vertauschen.

ad 2. Im Browser Modus gibt es kein "Pending". Die Anforderung passt auch eher zum Performance Modus. Dort hat man alle fünf Slots der aktuellen Performances im Blick und weiß daher, was man laden kann. UND beim Performance-Wechsel kann man mit der Auswahl "Performance Load" auch "Pending" auswählen. Damit kann man zu einer anderen Performance blättern oder rollen sowie einen Slot anvisieren, ohne ihn gleich zu laden. In der Zwischenzeit spielt man noch das Rig im zuletzt geladenen Slot weiter.