Posts by Rispsira

This graph by okstrat is very interesting he was able to get the low end right. This means theres something to be learned here as was mentionned. Was it an amp that was easier to profile then some others, better profilling/refining etc i duno but its worth looking into it! Thanks for chiming in.

I was going to say many things about that subject but i think ill say that whatever makes you wanna play, inspires u and makes u enjoy music cant be that bad. People play for different reasons and hear music differently so it is only natural that their approach and their needs are different.
    Less importantly: I also beleive that people copying tones are learning about tones in general and how everything works together. Maybe along the way they start learning about themselves, their preferences and what it is about an artists tone that made them attracted to it in the first place and then perhaps they dont need to have the same tone because they just realise they need this or that characteristic.
    Sometimes while trying to recreate people stumble upon.
    Others just do their own thing from the beggining.
    Different people different ways, id be surprised if things were any different right?

But most importantly refer to my first paragraph :)

Cheers!

May i ask which IEM brand u are using? Do u have a problem with the high end?
    I also use a quad driver and the low end is great but as i was explaining in a few posts above mine are a bit accentuated in the high end which bothers me because it makes my guitar sound harsh. So i was wondering about ur experience since u are using quads as well..

One more very important thing to mention:
    The obvious use of In ears is for live playing and i believe its very important to have. But one other helpful aspect is for us who want to profile and dont always have access to a studio. Being in the same room with the amp makes it very difficult to mic the cab which is maybe the most important step. Custom molds will give u a good degree of isolation.
    Great for refining as well which as u know, is again very important.

Even with the problem ive had with mine (eq wise) its still helpful enough and a very good indicator of what im doing

I got some IEMs about a yr ago, i love the concept unfortunately they were a bit on the bright side and made my tone harsh so i didnt enjoy them. Theyve gotten better with time from breaking in but still. We bought a shure system (old one called the expander) for controlin the mix. Wonder if some eq will fix the problem tho. Joptunes did u have that problem with the UEs or did they sound good out of the box? I think mine are a quad driver, the bass is well defined but i have a trouble with the highs as i mentionned they seem overemphasized.

I always hoped there would be a high and low pass one day. Defining a simple frequency for both would be enough for me (sweeping until u find it). Perhaps if we could use the eq in the x slot and have a mode where the first and last frequencies can be chosen to become low/high pass filters instead of peaks would be great. And definitely after the stack for me.
    Maybe one day :D

Thank you for the link! One stupid question concerning the poweramp tho im not sure i understand correctly. Are they saying that ud send back ur kpa to them and they fit it for you for that amount of money because u cant change it urself due to the warranty issue?
    On one hand im tempted but for the most part im thinking it might be better to buy a stereo poweramp and avoid to stay without a kpa as well :) what do u guys think any advice?
    Edit: this thread seems to be more about the pitchshifter than the musikmesse article in general? In which case i wouldnt wanna derail the thread..
    Edit 2: theres a thread about that plz disregard my questions