Posts by grorig

Just my 2cents worth as a regular DI profile user.
    I think your lack of punch is simply a matter of getting the gain staging right. The shiva doesn't have an fx return level. It may simply be a matter of getting the level hitting the shiva fx return from your kemper up to the same level as the level provided by the preamp when you play the amp alone.
    Ive owned shivas in the past and fx levels have always been a problem with them on all versions albeit no quite so bad with more recent ones.(the fx sends are very hot requiring attenuation on your fx units input and therefore having to really ramp up the volume on its output. Ive had to go as far as introducing an mxr micro amp after fx in a shiva fx loop in the past)

+ 1000.
    I have similar issues as chameleon101663, that partially solved, increasing the volume from KPA. It's doesn't sound exactly as the original, but close enough.
    Increasing the volume sound "opens up" with more punch, but still comparing the profile with the original, the original is more "alive".

So you tried what the other users suggest and it did not work for you?

Sorry to bother with all my questions but my purchase will depend of all of your answers! :) :) :)

Yes. But as you said:
    "What confuse me now is that in the setup you had you sent the signal from the "send" of your Marshall so there was no power amp in the chain? ?( ... So is the power amp in the cab profile? Or sort of?"

I have done also as you said:

"I just found in the FAQ that when you profile the preamp section only of your amp then feed it back to the poweramp of your amp using the profile it will give the same tone as if you use the physical preamp (this part is logical to me). AND you can send the profiled preamp in any profiled cab then the to FRFR too (now it's where I'm lost...). "

Actually this is the first thing I have done, switching on the KPA for the first time, and the result was excellent.

Apart of all this, if you decide to buy the KPA , you will own one of the best piece of gear ever.

I just started using a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 (1x12) yesterday with my KPA and I have to say I love it...really does give that amp in the room feel! I think it sounds great with cab sims on...

Just my $0.02

The issue here is that, tweaking the KPA to get an optimal sound to the Power engine,sending the same signal to PA doesn't sound the same way. This happens because the stock speaker is something between a guitar & full range speaker.

I use Tech 21 power engine for various purposes, since 1996 (if I remember right). I use it as FRFR system too, with modellers & KPA of course, giving me excellent sound on stage,and "amp in the room" feel, but I have exchanged the stock speaker to a Beyma 12 GA50 for this purpose.
    The old stock speaker (Eminence special design),and the new one (Celestion Seventy 80) isn't IMO the best for cab sims.

Any news about it?

Specs from this site:
    http://www.stormshadowtonework…/news_details.aspx?aid=36

RACK MOUNT POWER AMPLIFIERS
    For over 20 years, FRYETTE power amplifiers have set the standard for sound quality, power and rugged reliability. The designs are straightforward and functional, the build quality is unmatched, and long-term roadworthiness is amply attested to by legions of touring bands that depend on them.

*NEW FOR 2012* LXII LOW PROFILE STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER
    Delivers 40 watts per channel in a SINGLE RACK SPACE! This low profile 6L6 dynamo meets today’s demanding player’s requirements for a compact, lightweight all tube amplifier that produces flat response for modeling preamps or guitar voiced response for rack rigs and slaving applications. Only 12 inches deep and weighs 20 pounds! Switchable to 80 watts mono!

• 40 WATTS PER CHANNEL STEREO • FLAT (FRFR) OR ENHANCED VOICING
    • BRIDGE MONO MODE • SINGLE RACK SPACE
    Available to Order £999.00

Sure...almost. A different USB stick for each band. End of night-save it to grab any tweaks you made, and load up the next bands info from another stick. From what I can tell, the backup restores everything except the locked blocks. It does keep the midi assignment info per rig, that much I verified. I have two KPAs and bounce between both units with the usb method. I just keep on preset for my locked effects so I can quickly bring him up and lock them after the restore.
    Naming backups, and the ability to select which one-not just the lastest, would make this doable with one USB. Hopefully that comes into play down the road.

+1
    This is exactly what I'm doing, and works fine (for me)

Hi,
    My setup:
    Guitar > KPA guitar IN, KPA Direct out > MB input, MB effect send > KPA return.
    So only preamp profiled from MB, (read somewhere that Mesa Hi-Gain amps have mostly of there "soundcharacter" in the preamp), anyway I am happy with the result :)
    // Björn

This is perfect for use, with a real tube power amp & real guitar cab, because is only the preamp section of your amp.
    @ net99 Thank you. :thumbup:

Ya something small like that would be good! A good size LCD to read the tuner, and of course being powered by the KPA itself, so no extra power supply is needed,

Yeah sure, and full integration with KPA, this is the reason I've included RJ45 slot

kilihahn
    Looks nice :thumbup:

Here's should be a slight modified version of mine, that includes as you can see lights for tuner in "tuner mode", and big white color letters, that has great visibility in blue screen, even from long distance.

I usually prefer the switches to have one function for clear and immediate access, especially for live use, but it could be nice a second function assignable by the user,in any switch, depending on users' needs. Let's say for ex. pressing continuously for 2 sec the A/B switch should be in "tuner mode".

[Blocked Image: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7748/midicontuner.jpg]

I'm sorry that you have so many issues.Maybe is a bad file that KPA is getting trouble.It happened to me in the

beginning with the first firmware loaded, when I imported some damaged files, I had 2 freezes, then I removed

these files and I cleaned up the KPA from rigs and profiles I didn't want. Since then I don't have any issue with all

firmwares. It's now almost 3 months with more than 20 gigs and many rehearsals with the KPA without any

probem. Maybe is luck, but give it a try before return it.