Posts by squank

I'm getting that tingly feeling, too. :thumbup:

According to a post on TGP, as of 1/1/12 "ProfilingAmp is in very final stage of UL approval and that's all that remains. Units are built and will be able to ship upon UL approval (hopefully in 2-3 weeks)". So this is the second report that UL certification is holding up shipping to the U.S. Does anyone here have any experience with UL certification, any thoughts on how long it should take? Again, it's too bad that we can't get an official response from Kemper on this.

Ok, I guess I missed that on TGP. I didn't know they were waiting for UL certification. That's a bummer, but at least we know it's out of Kemper's hands.

I haven't tried the SPDif yet. I'm hoping the monitor output is just a software problem and not hardware. If it is a hardware problem then it can go back as I don't expect to be a beta tester when I pass my cash across. Just had a reply from support who said to update the firmware, which I already did and I just replied to tell them it still doesn't work. Awaiting further reply.....they still haven't answered my question about upgrading my account so I can post into the private areas. I'm trying to be patient with this, but it's not a cheap piece of equipment by any means so I do expect the a timely response from support to reflect the quality price. Biting my lip ....

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems.

But you really have to expect bugs on a brand new designed product. It's not like you are buying a high end tube amp, whose components and construction are relatively straightforward. Regardless of how much you paid for it, this is the norm when a brand new company rolls out something like this.

And regarding the support thing, c'mon, the Kemper guys were all at the NAMM show last week. Give them a chance to sift through all the emails that stacked up during their absence.