Posts by elfredo

kpa is also 100€ more in germany now... so nothing to do with exchange rates. is this because they finally succeeded in completing the amp (e.g. missing features/functions of the switches) or just because they can?

Still returning KPAs at the music stores because of KPAs freezin in live-situations?? Come on, guys! I'm close to crying... ;(
    I always thought semiconductors were more reliable than tubes....

@ stefherbuel

i don't understand why you don't try to get to the origin of that. it would be easy: set up an amp and profile it. make one recording with the amp in this setting, and one with the kemper profile (a/b test like ck suggested). will there be a difference? if yes, then ck can investigate. it could also be a noise of your (or any) guitar since bending one string decreases strain on the other strings which could lead to that effect/noise. if you bend the string the distance to the pole piece of your pickup also increases.

ps: "i'm really curious to see what christophe kemper and moderation think about your childish attitude" <-- THAT is childish.
    "It doesn't need to get any better. " <-- THAT is fanboy. ;)

this thread is funny. thought that intermodulation was an e-guitarist's basic (i mean an e-guitarist is bending like all the time!).

but it's funny to see or hear what happens when you move the origin of a distorted guitar sound (that is usually coming from a 2m distant speaker) directly near to your ear (headphones). you suddenly hear all the shit that a guitar and/or a (real) distorted amp does, too ;)

and regarding "warbling": i have a strat which a huge warble on lowest e at 12th fret... even without any pickups inside and trem blocked up. nobody knows where THAT is coming from. :(

yes, i paid with credit card
    yes, i had some fun with it
    yes, i had some work with it, profiling amps and giving these profiles to you forum guys
    yes, i was very annoyed by missing features
    yes, i was very annoyed by bugs
    yes, i made quite a few bug reports
    yes, i commented on many threads and started my own thread, being angry and summarizing my thoughts about the kpa
    yes, i returned it because i could not use it live in that "state of development" (february)
    yes, i got my money back since i was very careful with it

am i a bad person?

ps: i think everone who used the gear thoroughly has a right to comment on it. if he paid for it or not.

Hadley - if you don't understand or see the conflict of a FRACTAL ARTIST (you) starting threads about shortcomings of the Kemper (on the Kemper website)....well then, I'm not sure anyone can help you.

JEL, this is ridiculous. please stop pigeonholing people. he has every right to speak about THE GEAR he owns.. as you do. this "west side - east side" stuff with kemper and fractal is by the way even more ridiculous. this is a forum to discuss kpa GEAR, not PEOPLE (and their possible intentions because of their possible history).

this is certainly not a typical consumer item - it is one of the 'Mercedes in the world of Chevy' modelers

*DISTORTION Matching* is the weak link of the KPA (and many other modelers as well)

radley, still: THE KPA IS A PROFILER, NOT A MODELER.

since the basic principle: emulation/simulation of ampsounds is the same there is a difference in the idea behind it. a modeler aims to be a software replica of a real amp. the profiler catches one specific situation. as long as you compare the kpa to other modelers, you have no argument. the kpa stands alone not only as a product but a product class at the moment.

what you - in this case - mean is that you think that the basic amp emulation module has not enough variables to reproduce all the different basic real amp characters in finest detail. if that really is the case will have to be judged by the majority of kpa players (and ck). i - too - think that the kpa does not get 100% of the amp. imo it's more like 80-90%. but if 98 out of 100 persons think, that the actual sound reproduction is good enough, we have to accept that.

that said, i still think the idea behind the kpa is great and i hope that someday it will suit all my needs

oh come one guys (JEL). this is bullying. radley has an opinion: based on his experience and on what he has not experienced or known yet (like: profiles are total subjective snapshots of the profiler's taste, not aiming to please everyone or represent the original amp in all it's capabilities). This "the KPA is my girlfriend and if you citicize her you will get serious problems"-fanboy-attitude is bullshit. the KPA has strengths and weaknesses and these often are very subjective. for instance i get really annoyed when the KPA crashes or alters tone... that way i cannot use it live. others seek perfection in tape delays... this is a place to exchange opinions. if you don't like a thread... don't read it and find one that you find interest in. otherwise help the others to get the infos they need. if ck can, you can too.
    but i would also like to hear some audio from radley.

nevermind. didn't mean to start a fight. was just amazed and went somewhat philosophical wondering why customers become so forgiving in general nowadays. i just don't like these "the others are even worse" arguments.
    you are great guys and i hope this will be all working soon, so i can productively chime in again to do weird sounds with technology.

the first consumers getting betatester nowaday!

... only if the user accepts this. and he obviously does... nowadays. his fault because he is letting him being made a fool of. a company in general always will take the most while giving the least (as does the user/customer). the user defines how far the company can go. modern market as well as ancient market. the modern world just has a better way of communicating if a company has gone too far (see iphone4 antenna or car call-backs).